PDA

View Full Version : Why the sox will make it to the ALCS

JackK
10-01-2008, 09:28 AM
I firmly believe we will make it to the ALCS, here are my reasons:

- Our starters will give the extra 10% effort they wouldnt normally during the regular season. You could really see it last night with Jenks, he was throwing upper 90s.

- Griffey has been super cautious so far to avoid an injury, I fully expect him to give it all he's got the next couple of games.

- Rays fans suck. Gulf coast of florida has a lot of chicago natives. Tropicana field will be nothing like the cell was last night. I would expect 20% of the seats to be filled with sox fans in black there on thursday!

- Rays may be focused on winning the ALCS or WS, and not throw everything they have into the games this week.

esbrechtel
10-01-2008, 09:51 AM
That last point I do not agree with...I think the Rays have to take it one game at a time and they will...They have little to no playoff experience on that team and might play a little tight

Hokiesox
10-01-2008, 11:24 AM
I feel good about our chances. Tampa's a young team who remind me of our 2000 team. I don't think the series will be easy, but I feel confident.

And we've already beaten the other two teams in a playoff series 3 years ago. It may be stupid confidence, but I'll take it.

JackK
10-01-2008, 11:26 AM
Also, I would add, with our starters giving all they got, it means we wont have to lean on the pen as much. If our starters can stay in through 7 innings, we are going to be hard to beat. It will be like the first half of the season all over again.

gf2020
10-01-2008, 12:03 PM
If we make the ALCS, does anybody know who'd have HFA if we played the Red Sox? Do they get it because they had a better record or do we get it because we won our division?

nysox35
10-01-2008, 12:11 PM
If we make the ALCS, does anybody know who'd have HFA if we played the Red Sox? Do they get it because they had a better record or do we get it because we won our division?

We'd get it as division champs.

SOX ADDICT '73
10-01-2008, 01:29 PM
From Carl Skanberg back on May 29:
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5933&d=1222885508

Iwritecode
10-01-2008, 01:40 PM
And we've already beaten the other two teams in a playoff series 3 years ago. It may be stupid confidence, but I'll take it.

The White Sox, Red Sox and Angels are all much different teams compared to 3 years ago.

Hendu
10-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Here's why I think we could be really dangerous - we have nothing to lose. All the pressure is on Tampa, and they could come out real tight especially in the dome (where they're expected to win).

Also, we have some momentum after winning 3 elimination games in a row.

asindc
10-01-2008, 04:10 PM
Here's why I think we could be really dangerous - we have nothing to lose. All the pressure is on Tampa, and they could come out real tight especially in the dome (where they're expected to win).

Also, we have some momentum after winning 3 elimination games in a row.

I also think having played playoff atmosphere baseball the past 3 games will help significantly. I really like our chances if we take at least one down there during the first two.