PDA

View Full Version : Cub Media Watchers, now is the time!

Demafrost
10-01-2008, 10:27 AM
On Thursday, the Cubs play game 2 of their NLDS series, while the Sox open up their series in Tampa.

Who is going to lead off CSN? Who is going to lead off on the 10:00 news? Who is going to get the bigger headline in the Trib and ST? Who is going to get the main article on chicagosports.com?

Regular season you can usually justify why one team gets top billing over another (one team is at home, one team is especially hot while the other is not, etc). But these are playoff games, something we've only seen 11 times since 1959.

So on Thursday, or even for the next couple of weeks, its time to see how the media handles this 'fairly' (although we all know how it will turn out).

Rocky Soprano
10-01-2008, 10:28 AM
Who cares?
If we already know what is going to happen than why be obsessed over it?

Cheer for the Sox and let's hope they care of their business on the FIELD not in the media.

Demafrost
10-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Who cares?
If we already know what is going to happen than why be obsessed over it?

Cheer for the Sox and let's hope they care of their business on the FIELD not in the media.

I just think it will be interesting to see how they handle this. It's something that hasn't happened in 102 years, so its a unique Chicago cultural phenomenon.

Yesterdays Sun Times (day of the tie breaker), had nothing on its front page about the Sox, but did have an ad about the chance to win Cubs playoff tickets.

hi im skot
10-01-2008, 10:54 AM
I couldn't care less about the Cubs at this point.

Last night was just too sweet to even let them enter my conscience.

kittle42
10-01-2008, 11:17 AM
I was walking to the train this morning wearing my Sox cap. Cubbie fans were already outside Murphy's Bleachers. One of them shouted something to me. I yelled back, "What are you guys doing out here? Isn't the season over?" He replied "Playoffs tonight, baby!" I responded, "Oh, you guys made the playoffs, too? How cute!"

He wasn't happy.

That, however, is the extent of my concern about the goddamn Cubs right now.

seventyseven
10-01-2008, 11:36 AM
Who cares? And who watches the 10pm news anymore, anyways?

russ99
10-01-2008, 11:36 AM
I was walking to the train this morning wearing my Sox cap. Cubbie fans were already outside Murphy's Bleachers. One of them shouted something to me. I yelled back, "What are you guys doing out here? Isn't the season over?" He replied "Playoffs tonight, baby!" I responded, "Oh, you guys made the playoffs, too? How cute!"

He wasn't happy.

That, however, is the extent of my concern about the goddamn Cubs right now.

Niiice...

Actually, I'm thankful the Sox made it to the playoffs so I can focus on them, and hopefully the insane Cubbie rabble will be a lot easier to ignore. If it were just the Cubs it would have been intolerable, especially here on the north side.

kittle42
10-01-2008, 11:53 AM
Niiice...

Actually, I'm thankful the Sox made it to the playoffs so I can focus on them, and hopefully the insane Cubbie rabble will be a lot easier to ignore. If it were just the Cubs it would have been intolerable, especially here on the north side.

Exactly what I was thinking.

areilly
10-01-2008, 12:05 PM
Why do people forget sports media is a business?

Does anyone really think each paper, news broadcast, website and radio talk show will devote exactly half of their time to each team? Why would they ever do that?

It's Time
10-01-2008, 12:52 PM
http://espn.go.com/

itsnotrequired
10-01-2008, 01:20 PM
http://espn.go.com/

Brett Favre has a 122 IQ? HOTT