PDA

View Full Version : Lofton/Durham drop off...

Kilroy
05-17-2002, 09:07 AM
Did you see these stats during the game last night??

Lofton 1st 18 games:

72 ab, 29 h, 26 r, 9 rbi, .403 avg, 9 bb, 11 sb, 3 cs

Since:

83 ab, 17 h, 10 r, 10 rbi, .205 avg, 7 bb, 5 sb, 1 cs

Durham 1st 18 games:

58 ab, 23 h, 13 r, 14 rbi, .397 avg, 9 bb, 6 sb, 1 cs

Since:

68 ab, 12 h, 12 r, 6 rbi, .176 avg, 7 bb, 4 sb, 0 cs

They cut it a bit differently last night, as their split had Kenny w/ a .200 average, but the idea is still the same. These 2 have dropped off dramatically. I don't think anyone expected that early production to last all year long, but not to drop off so far either. I know Ray is hurting right now, but what's going on w/ Kenny? Those two need to get going a bit more and I think things will start to roll for the Sox again.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-17-2002, 09:11 AM
Maybe Lofton finally realized those attendance bonus clauses Williams got him to agree to aren't worth the paper they're written on?

:)

:giangreco
"Kenny Lofton wouldn't have been snookered if he watched my sportscast!"

Garrison
05-17-2002, 09:33 AM
I have also noticed a drop off in their one-two punch combination. I think that if they get it going again then so will the White Sox offense. Kenny was a big part of our early offensive surge and since he has dropped off, so has our offense. He is the spark that gets us lit and needs to step back up. We can't expect big numbers all of the time, but I think it's about time for him to break out of this slump. Ray had a great start to the season and now he's a little banged up, but I also think he'll be ok and come back somewhat along with Kenny. Let's just hope they show some signs of life.....soon!

KruseControl04
05-17-2002, 09:41 AM
Sure they're priductivity has dropped off a little, but you can't expect them to keep producing like they were at the beginning of the year. But I think that K-Lo followed by Ray-Ray at the top of out lineup is really gonna help us win some games this year. I loooove Kenny Lofton!