PDA

View Full Version : Let the media think the Sox will get swept by the Rays..

Whitesoxfan23
10-01-2008, 01:34 AM
Let everyone say what they want. Nobody wants to ever give the Whitesox credit. They will just look even more stupid, if the Sox beat the Rays. This is a new season. Shake off that "we play like crap in domes" feeling, and go out their and take care of business, and prove everybody wrong like the Sox always do! Everyone said we couldn't win the division, and they did it! Everyone is saying we can't beat the rays... Let's do it.. Let's do it for class act guys like Griffey, Thome, etc. Let's do this thing! I love this team! Who's with me?!?!

Whitesoxfan23
10-01-2008, 01:35 AM
I would also like to add that this team has BALLS of steel for winning THREE elimination games in a row. Suck on that haters.

gf2020
10-01-2008, 01:40 AM
I'm just glad we don't have to face the 2005 Boston Red Sox. We would lose for certain.

rustysurf83
10-01-2008, 01:42 AM
I really like our chances...if our pitching can continue to ball up we can run these TB mother****ers out of town

EuroSox35
10-01-2008, 02:57 AM
The thing I like is that I expect us to be really loose. Yes, that plays a role, you could tell they were tight vs Cleveland. Winning this division is a huge weight off the shoulder, since many already think that the season is a success no matter what. The Rays will be favored, so I expect us just go in there and say 'what the hell, nothing to lose'.

oeo
10-01-2008, 03:04 AM
The thing I like is that I expect us to be really loose. Yes, that plays a role, you could tell they were tight vs Cleveland. Winning this division is a huge weight off the shoulder, since many already think that the season is a success no matter what. The Rays will be favored, so I expect us just go in there and say 'what the hell, nothing to lose'.

After having to win three straight win or go home games, the playoffs should be a breeze in the pressure department. It will be nice as a fan knowing that it's not win or go home on Thursday (damn, these last three days have been tough), I can't imagine what kind of weight is off the players' shoulders.

cub killer
10-01-2008, 03:15 AM
The White Sox live on pressure, we thrive on it. AJ, Konerko, JD, Ozzie all have huge, shiny rings to prove how they handle pressure. Bases loaded, nobody out? No sweat. A 14 inning game on the road? NO F'N SWEAT.

October belongs to the WHITE SOX, the ONLY Chicago team to bring a World Series title (2 actually) home in the past 99.9 years.

It's Gonna Happen. AGAIN

guillensdisciple
10-01-2008, 10:21 AM

Yo Euro, you still hating on Ozzie right now? You were the biggest Ozzie basher last week, lets bring that discussion back up.

He is what makes this team, his attituade transcends through the players. The White Sox are where they are because of a collective effort, but give Ozzie his credit.

Bob G
10-01-2008, 10:26 AM
I love being the underdogs just like in '05... I can understand more this year since we just barely squeaked in but who cares the important thing is we made it.

If we can split the first two in Tampa Bay I like our chances to win it at home.

voodoochile
10-01-2008, 10:37 AM
Glad the Sox don't have to go through both Boston and LAAAAAA to make the series. I'd rather face the less experienced team. Remember, Tampa struggled late in the season too and they've now been sitting around for 4 days while the Sox have been prepping up for do or die baseball by playing... do or die baseball.

With the pitchers back on a regular rotation I think the Sox can beat the Rays. I expect it to happen in 4.

sunofgold
10-01-2008, 10:44 AM
Don't underrate the Rays. Definitely much better than any of the three teams that we beat the last three days.

However, I think that we have a chance to shock the world again and win this series. Vazquez might be the key. If we get all of our starters on a roll and we have Jenks. World...better watch out.

I like being the underdog. Put the pressure on the newbies. Hope the Rays play like the Devil Rays.

kitekrazy
10-01-2008, 10:50 AM
It's logical to think the Sox could get swept by the Rays.

1. losing record on turf
2. inconsistent hitting
3. inconsistent pen
4. lack of team speed.

hawkjt
10-01-2008, 11:13 AM
Sox are 4-16 on turf this year but a more respectable 3-4 down in Tampa.
That dome has never been as tough for the sox. Now, granted, the Rays have been bad in the past and have won 57 home games..but hey, the sox won 54 home games so that could be a push.

Yes, under the radar is just a fine place to be...but the Rays are legit and sounds like Crawford will be back...now, he may be rusty.

I like that we have two lefties to hold the runners in Danks and MB.
With our power the Sox have a punchers chance in this series. Go Sox.

TDog
10-01-2008, 11:18 AM
Glad the Sox don't have to go through both Boston and LAAAAAA to make the series. I'd rather face the less experienced team. Remember, Tampa struggled late in the season too and they've now been sitting around for 4 days while the Sox have been prepping up for do or die baseball by playing... do or die baseball.

With the pitchers back on a regular rotation I think the Sox can beat the Rays. I expect it to happen in 4.

I hope you're right. Back in 2000, of course, I was filled with such optimism (and a boss in suburban Milwaukee who, despite being an A's fan, appreciated baseball enough to give me time off to see postseason games in Chicago). The Mariners who won the wild card on the last weekend came to town and beat the early-clinching White Sox who had the league's best record.

The dynamics are different, if only because the Rays' pitching is in better shape than those worn Sox of Manuel. The White Sox pitching seems to be set up well. I had thought Buehre would get the Game 1 start and be available for a possible Game 5, but Guillen knows his team better than I. The front to the bullpen seems to be in good shape. Dotel, Linebrink, Thornton, Carrasco and Jenks have all been there these last three games and come in rested.

With the defense the Sox played Tuesday night and the pitching of Danks against a team that recently split four games in St. Petersburg, I have reason for optimism. The Sox certainly have to be feeling good about themselves.

soxrme
10-01-2008, 11:21 AM
I sent an e-mail to Mike and Mike of ESPN this morning thanking them for picking the Twins to win last night. Then this morning they ALL picked the Rays. We cannot lose:bandance:

hawkjt
10-01-2008, 11:26 AM
how Phil Rogers messed up today in his column...what nu? He was again going on and on about how big of a mistake Ozzie made by going on 3 day rest for his starters the last week or so but noted that they will be on full rest for the Rays until the 5th game where he said maybe MB will go on 3 days rest again....that is factually wrong,Phil...MB will pitch on Friday and game five is on Wednesday(thank god) so MB will have full rest if he goes that game...works out very well for the Sox.

Thome_Fan
10-01-2008, 11:28 AM
Screw this "I think we can win the ALDS" business.

WORLD SERIES OR BUST!!!!!!!
:bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance: :bandance:

Lip Man 1
10-01-2008, 12:07 PM
I think the Sox will play better now that they got in. Whatever happens, happens...they got there and that can never be taken away.

Lip

DaveFeelsRight
10-01-2008, 12:09 PM
it wont be a sweep, i guarantee that.