PDA

View Full Version : Congrats.

FloridaTigers
10-01-2008, 12:17 AM
I'm a Tigers fan, and this season was very miserable. One of the few bright spots were the Twins getting shut out and now going home. I'm in the minority of Tigers fans, as in I hate the Twins more than the Sox (I hate both, don't get me wrong :rolleyes:) so I was glad to see a team full of AAA speedy singles hitting, bunting blooping jerkoffs go home to their trashbag of a dome. Good job.

munchman33
10-01-2008, 12:19 AM
Awww...thanks. You Tigers fans are alright. I'd probably still be posting on your board if they didn't continue to allow the incessant ramblings of one timber****.

dwalteroo
10-01-2008, 12:21 AM
God bless you.

hawkjt
10-01-2008, 12:36 AM
I can never work up the hate for the Tigers either..not like with the Twins. When the Tigers won, they did it straight out, on real grass with real hits. And as far as the tigers...last year the Sox were dead last also.
The worm can turn.

The Twins are going to be good for the forseeable future but maybe that outdoor stadium will help bring them down to earth.

DSpivack
10-01-2008, 12:39 AM
I can never work up the hate for the Tigers either..not like with the Twins. When the Tigers won, they did it straight out, on real grass with real hits. And as far as the tigers...last year the Sox were dead last also.
The worm can turn.

The Twins are going to be good for the forseeable future but maybe that outdoor stadium will help bring them down to earth.

Yeah, growing up in the 90s it was hard to hate ****ty teams like the Tigers. Unless Phil Garner was manager at the time. The Twins and Indians are my top loaths [is that a word?].

FloridaTigers
10-01-2008, 12:39 AM
The worm can turn.

I think so. Using AAA scrubs to hit groundballs to third base only to beat the throw may work in a fake dome, but won't work in a real ballpark.

johnnyg83
10-01-2008, 12:40 AM
\..last year the Sox were dead last also.
The worm can turn.
\

close ... but not quite last ... royals won 69 games, we won 72

SoxSpeed22
10-01-2008, 12:40 AM
Thanks.
Better luck next year for the Tigers. They had injuries early and it really screwed them. If the pitching rebounds, they will be tough again.

oeo
10-01-2008, 12:42 AM
I was happy for you guys when you won the pennant a couple years ago. I got goosebumps watching your team celebrate with the fans, even though I did cheer against you the World Series. :redneck

So thanks. Straighten up that rotation and bullpen, you guys will be right back in the hunt next year.

drewcifer
10-01-2008, 12:42 AM
I was pissed in 06. We had an awesome team and owned the Tigers. But, you play 162 and they earned their spot.

In 07, I thought the Tigers were showing '06 was a fluke by blowing it at the end.

This year, they proved it by making the trades and getting players many coveted. I know there were some injuries, but that lineup should have been able to do better than last.

I don't hate the Tigers like I do the Twins, but I don't consider the Tigers to be a threat. I don't think I have ever really even thought about the Tigers until 3/4 through 2006. I've been a Sox fan for 20 years, and that's just how it has always been.

I'm always more worried about the Toons, aside from the Twins, than I will EVER be worried about the Tigers.

No offense (or pun, intended).

SOX ADDICT '73
10-01-2008, 12:48 AM
I can never work up the hate for the Tigers either..not like with the Twins.
In 2006, I was rooting pretty hard for the Tigers (once the Sox had been eliminated, of course), and it made me so angry when they lost their last five games to let the stinking Twins win the Central AGAIN. Sure, they got swept in the first round, but they still got another banner to hang in their piece of crap baggie dome:angry:!

All is forgiven now, however.:cool:

WhiteSox5187
10-01-2008, 01:56 AM
My dad has a good friend who works in the Tigers front office, so every year I hope that we win the division and the Tigers win the Wild Card, thought it was going to happen in '06, but oh well.

The Tigers seemed to have the problems we had last year, where guys got hurt and never really got better and then everything fell apart around June (though you guys hung around until August I think). Best of luck next year!

Chez
10-01-2008, 09:27 AM
Thanks. For the record, I still cheer for Mags when he comes to the Cell. Solid player, solid citizen and not the first guy in the world who left one job for another which paid better.

asindc
10-01-2008, 09:32 AM
I'm another Sox fan who does not really hate the Tigers. In years the Sox don't make the playoffs and the Tigers do, I root for them. I have many good friends who are Tigers fans. Knowledgeable and classy. On top of that, the Tigers play real baseball on a real baseball field.

Oblong
10-01-2008, 09:48 AM
Awww...thanks. You Tigers fans are alright. I'd probably still be posting on your board if they didn't continue to allow the incessant ramblings of one timber****.

The latest was a doozy.

I'm happy for you guys. Glad to see you get a chance to celebrate at home. IIRC none of the clinchers from 2005 were at US Cellular. I bet it was a great night last night.

Great ballgame too. Went to the bar just to watch it. Great pitching, a play at the plate, and a bomb of a HR were the difference. That's just good baseball.

jabrch
10-01-2008, 09:53 AM
Screw Detroit. It's a stinking hellhole. Of the 30 MLB teams, representing 26 different metropolitan areas, Detroit is the absolute worst. There isn't even a close second place.

SOX ADDICT '73
10-01-2008, 10:11 AM
Thanks. For the record, I still cheer for Mags when he comes to the Cell. Solid player, solid citizen and not the first guy in the world who left one job for another which paid better.
I will never boo Maggs, for this reason: the huge chunk of White Sox money he turned down (5 years, $70 million) went instead to pay the 2005 salaries of free agents Jermaine Dye, AJ Pierzynski, El Duque, Dustin Hermanson and Tadahito Iguchi, almost to the penny. Where exactly would we have been that year without those guys?

From the bottom of my heart, and for the rest of my life:

THANK YOU, MAGGLIO ORDONEZ!!!!