PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Twins Appreciation Thread

Optipessimism
09-30-2008, 11:57 PM
Thank you, Minnesota Twins, for not being good enough to win this division. Thank you for failing at every single opportunity for running away with this thing, and most of all, thank you for sweeping the Sox in the dome. Your sweep was what the Sox needed to focus and play some damn fine baseball. Without all your great failures and last loving push, the Sox would have either missed the postseason entirely or shown up with next to nothing. Now I have confidence in this team, so thank you Twins, thank you very much, and now go **** yourselves.

SteveFakeBlood
09-30-2008, 11:58 PM
:rolling: Amazing.

~Steve

itsnotrequired
09-30-2008, 11:58 PM
thread sux, close it

EuroSox35
10-01-2008, 12:02 AM
On the postgame on CSN Buehrle admitted that the way the Twins celebrated after the last series peeved more than a few players.

I don't even have that big a problem with it (since I say take care of your business and don't worry about it) but all the stuff with waiting on the champagne in the Dome yesterday, I'm more than happy they didn't get to use it. They counted their eggs too early, no doubt, it showed with how they played against KC

thomas35forever
10-01-2008, 12:07 AM
Go **** yourselves, Minnesota. You are both crappy and perpetual losers.

soxinem1
10-01-2008, 12:12 AM
I wonder what they did with the champagne they had for the 'celebration' from last night...............

gf2020
10-01-2008, 12:14 AM
**** the Twins.

oeo
10-01-2008, 12:14 AM
**** the Twins. This was our division, they didn't deserve it.

BleacherBandit
10-01-2008, 12:15 AM
I sort of feel sorry for the fans. I don't feel sorry for Nick Punto, Joe Mauer, and Carlos Gomez, though.

drewcifer
10-01-2008, 12:18 AM
I sort of feel sorry for the fans. I don't feel sorry for Nick Punto, Joe Mauer, and Carlos Gomez, though.

*** are you talking about? They get more breaks and benefit than anybody. **** them - I can't wait until they have to play baseball like the rest of the grown-ups in baseball, 162 times a year (minus Tampa).

Rockabilly
10-01-2008, 12:21 AM
**** the Twins and their lousy fans

JB98
10-01-2008, 12:21 AM
The Twins are crappy. They are perpetual losers.

soxfan1965
10-01-2008, 12:22 AM
I was hoping this would be a positive thread, not sarcastic and rubbing it in and taunting. Sox fans are good sports when they win or lose. The Twins are worthy opponents with their level of talent and play baseball the way Ozzie hoped the Sox would play. Hawk appreciates the Twins style of play. They only make the Sox a better team for the excellent teams they have to face in the playoffs. Sure, Twins and Twins fans celebrated early and is a reminder to the Sox not to give up and like the Bears needed to learn, to finish games. I recall going to a game at the Cell with the Twins and appalled at some Sox fans cussing to well-behaved Twins fans. People have said of the Cubs bleacher fans that they are good natured to opposing fans (unlike NY and Philly) - let's be just as gracious to out-of-town fans who spend their money at the Cell to help the Sox pay for free agents and current players.

Jaysox
10-01-2008, 12:22 AM
**** the twins. **** Carlos Gomez. That's what you get when you celebrate like you won the world series before you've won the division. I don't feel sorry for their fans at all. It might be the fact that my cousin is a twins fan though. :D:

JUribe1989
10-01-2008, 12:24 AM
Thanks for sliding head-first in to home Carlos Gomez and pissing off Bobby Jenks enough to throw as hard as he's thrown since 2005.

SUCK IT TWINKIES!

**** YOU!

JB98
10-01-2008, 12:26 AM
I was hoping this would be a positive thread, not sarcastic and rubbing it in and taunting. Sox fans are good sports when they win or lose. The Twins are worthy opponents with their level of talent and play baseball the way Ozzie hoped the Sox would play. Hawk appreciates the Twins style of play. They only make the Sox a better team for the excellent teams they have to face in the playoffs. Sure, Twins and Twins fans celebrated early and is a reminder to the Sox not to give up and like the Bears needed to learn, to finish games. I recall going to a game at the Cell with the Twins and appalled at some Sox fans cussing to well-behaved Twins fans. People have said of the Cubs bleacher fans that they are good natured to opposing fans (unlike NY and Philly) - let's be just as gracious to out-of-town fans who spend their money at the Cell to help the Sox pay for free agents and current players.

No. **** the Twins.

SoxSpeed22
10-01-2008, 12:28 AM
**** 'em.

drewcifer
10-01-2008, 12:29 AM

Uggh. I am happy to spit in their smug faces. **** THEM.

And same goes for their prancy purple football interest, too.

PLAY SPORTS OUTDOORS.

The fans seem to show up in Green Bay.....

raven1
10-01-2008, 12:33 AM
It's ridiculous to be so negative on this. Every single Twins fan I've seen at USCF has been very polite & well behaved (unlike Red Sox or Cubs nation when we play them). Also, Orlando Cabrera was right - until last Sunday the Sox lacked what it takes to win championships. If the Twins hadn't been there pushing the Sox, at best they would have stumbled into the playoffs and embarrassed themselves. Now they have some momentum and a real shot to go back to the World Series.

WhiteSoxOnly
10-01-2008, 12:34 AM
So are you all suggesting that the Twins and their fans
go away now ? :D:

beasly213
10-01-2008, 12:34 AM
Thank you for acting like you won the World Series after sweeping the Sox. You are now authentic dbags. Congrats Twins! Have a nice fall.

hsnterprize
10-01-2008, 12:36 AM
Minnesota sports fans needed something to hold on to against Chicago. The Twins couldn't beat the Sox, but the Wild beat the Blackhawks in an NHL preseason game.

Hey...you can't win 'em all...just the Sox games against those damn TWINKIES (oh, I meant chokers)!!!!!

Celebrate THAT in that MetroDUMP you play in.

GO SOX!!!!!

Tragg
10-01-2008, 12:42 AM
Thank you for failing at every single opportunity for running away with this thing, ???They never had a chance to run away with this.
That was us.

chisoxmike
10-01-2008, 12:45 AM
**** the twins!!!!

**** you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rockman218
10-01-2008, 12:47 AM
This thread is like,

Thank you...

But at the same time...

**** YOU!!!! :gosox:

DSpivack
10-01-2008, 12:48 AM
It's ridiculous to be so negative on this. Every single Twins fan I've seen at USCF has been very polite & well behaved (unlike Red Sox or Cubs nation when we play them). Also, Orlando Cabrera was right - until last Sunday the Sox lacked what it takes to win championships. If the Twins hadn't been there pushing the Sox, at best they would have stumbled into the playoffs and embarrassed themselves. Now they have some momentum and a real shot to go back to the World Series.

Who here ever said anything about Twins fans? I love Prince and Bob Dylan, and my favorite punk band is from Minnesota. The Twin Cities are a nice town and I almost went to Macalester.

That said, **** the Scum-Laden Minnesota Twins.

Chisox353014
10-01-2008, 12:49 AM
Thank you, Minnesota Twins, for not being good enough to win this division. Thank you for failing at every single opportunity for running away with this thing, and most of all, thank you for sweeping the Sox in the dome. Your sweep was what the Sox needed to focus and play some damn fine baseball. Without all your great failures and last loving push, the Sox would have either missed the postseason entirely or shown up with next to nothing. Now I have confidence in this team, so thank you Twins, thank you very much, and now go **** yourselves.

http://yogan.meinungsverstaerker.de/fun/This_Thread_is_Now_Incredibly_Awesome_-_Jet_Raptor.jpg

drewcifer
10-01-2008, 12:51 AM

Every time I've EVER been to a game at the park and had division rival fans seated nearby they act like tools. All of them.

And don't start gobbling OC until we win a damn game in the playoffs. I was actually embarrassed for him last night over his rah-rah antics. Hit the ****ing ball, be the GG SS you are supposed to be - not a $9M cheerleader with a big mouth.

HawkDJ
10-01-2008, 12:52 AM
Thanks for being just slightly less ****ty than us!

DrCrawdad
10-01-2008, 12:55 AM

Hey Gomez, nice dive into homeplate the other day and nice flop tonight!

Gomez, did you enjoy that 9th inning from your seat on the bench?

Frankfan4life
10-01-2008, 12:55 AM
The Twins made fun of the Sox being just a home run-hitting team. Well, ironically it was a home run that put an end to their post-season hopes.

TheOldRoman
10-01-2008, 12:56 AM
**** Ron Gardenhire.
**** Justin Morneau.
**** Carlos Gomez.
**** Nick Punto.
**** Denard Span, and **** Mike Cuddyer for getting injured so that ******* could play and have one of the greatest fluke seasons ever.
**** Jason Kubel.
**** Boof Bonser.
Hey, **** Jason Barlett, too, just because he was on the Twins in 2006. Bonus points because the Sox play him in the next series.

The Twins are crappy. They are perpetual losers.
JB98 2008. "Crappy", "perpetual losers", "The Twins are crappy", and "They are perpetual losers" are registered trademarks of JB98.

Pear-Zin-Ski
10-01-2008, 12:57 AM
I like how one of the M&M boys said something about having us right where they wanted us...and where is that?

thomas35forever
10-01-2008, 12:58 AM
JB98 2008. "Crappy", "perpetual losers", "The Twins are crappy", and "They are perpetual losers" are registered trademarks of JB98.
:thumbsup:

DSpivack
10-01-2008, 12:58 AM
I like how one of the M&M boys said something about having us right where they wanted us...and where is that?

"...And we let 'em off the hook..."

Dennis Green used to catch in the Baggy Dome, too.

WhiteSoxOnly
10-01-2008, 12:59 AM
Have a nice flight, ****ers!!

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/NWA9987

Now THAT is absolutely beautiful...nice work.
I believe we are flying south,yes ?

Chicken Dinner
10-01-2008, 01:05 AM
Good reading

http://www.startribune.com/sports/

DrCrawdad
10-01-2008, 01:11 AM
Good reading

I'm so sad...

:whiner:

Optipessimism
10-01-2008, 01:12 AM
???They never had a chance to run away with this.
That was us.
Up to the 28th (last Twins game vs. Royals and the start of our winning streak) the Twins went 10-14 during the month of September. The Sox went 9-15 up to that point. All the Twins had to do to run away with it was go .500 or slightly better, and all they had to do to win it was go 11-13 or play .458 baseball. They didn't do that because they ****ing suck. They instead did just enough to get this team rolling, and now TB has a problem on their hands.

Optipessimism
10-01-2008, 01:13 AM
**** Ron Gardenhire.
**** Justin Morneau.
**** Carlos Gomez.
**** Nick Punto.
**** Denard Span, and **** Mike Cuddyer for getting injured so that ******* could play and have one of the greatest fluke seasons ever.
**** Jason Kubel.
**** Boof Bonser.
Hey, **** Jason Barlett, too, just because he was on the Twins in 2006. Bonus points because the Sox play him in the next series.

And **** Timber:dtroll: too.

BTW, good call on Jason Bartlett. We're gonna **** Matt Garza as well.

Pear-Zin-Ski
10-01-2008, 01:15 AM
Damn right!

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL9904

You are rediculous my friend!

The Immigrant
10-01-2008, 01:23 AM
It's ridiculous to be so negative on this. Every single Twins fan I've seen at USCF has been very polite & well behaved (unlike Red Sox or Cubs nation when we play them).

Nonsense. The guys in my section (101) tonight were total d-bags, although they did settle down after a well-deserved beer shower following Thome's bomb.

**** the Twins.

geraldfritz
10-01-2008, 01:25 AM
Yeah, **** the Twinkees. I hate Twinkees.

This thread is absolutely hilarious. I can not wait to see the next palehose 8 now.

chisoxmike
10-01-2008, 01:26 AM
I will say Gardenhire was all class tonight after the game congratulating Ozzie outside the clubhouse. He said he was going to root for the Sox all the way.

As much as I hate the Twins with all my heart. I don't have any hate for Gardenhire.

chisoxfanatic
10-01-2008, 01:28 AM
This one's for the entire Twins team: **** YOU!!!

IronFisk
10-01-2008, 01:33 AM
**** Ron Gardenhire.
**** Justin Morneau.
**** Carlos Gomez.
**** Nick Punto.
**** Jason Kubel.
**** Boof Bonser.

Yup, that just about covers the entire ****ing twins pathetic universe of losers. Good show.

IronFisk
10-01-2008, 01:34 AM
I will say Gardenhire was all class tonight after the game congratulating Ozzie outside the clubhouse. He said he was going to root for the Sox all the way.

As much as I hate the Twins with all my heart. I don't have any hate for Gardenhire.

Eh, **** him too.

CHISOXFAN13
10-01-2008, 01:38 AM
I hate the Twins, but watching and hearing what Gardenhire said to Guillen after the game was very classy.

But **** you Gomez.

TheOldRoman
10-01-2008, 01:39 AM
Yup, that just about covers the entire ****ing twins pathetic universe of losers. Good show.I forgot Delmon Young. **** Delmon Young. And even though the Twins had already cut him, **** the belt stealer Craig Monroe.

IronFisk
10-01-2008, 01:41 AM
I forgot Delmon Young. **** Delmon Young. And even though the Twins had already cut him, **** the belt stealer Craig Monroe.

my bad.

GoGoCrede
10-01-2008, 01:46 AM
I hate the Twins, but watching and hearing what Gardenhire said to Guillen after the game was very classy.

But **** you Gomez.

What did he say?

CHISOXFAN13
10-01-2008, 02:14 AM
What did he say?

He hugged Ozzie and said, "Im pulling for you and always do. Bring it home."

hi im skot
10-01-2008, 02:27 AM
The Twins who were interviewed on Sportscenter (Blackburn, Mauer, and Morneau) were all very gracious. You've got the douches like Punto and Gomez, but I respect the hell out of a lot of them.

I hate the team as a whole, but I think they have some good guys on the team. Nice to hear Gardenhire wish Ozzie and the Sox well...hopefully we won't let him down.

Carlos Gomez can still sit on it, though.

GoGoCrede
10-01-2008, 02:31 AM
The Twins who were interviewed on Sportscenter (Blackburn, Mauer, and Morneau) were all very gracious. You've got the douches like Punto and Gomez, but I respect the hell out of a lot of them.

I hate the team as a whole, but I think they have some good guys on the team. Nice to hear Gardenhire wish Ozzie and the Sox well...hopefully we won't let him down.

Carlos Gomez can still sit on it, though.

Well, damn. I like Gardy a lot, but now this is interfering with my Twins hatred to hear them say that.

hi im skot
10-01-2008, 02:36 AM
Well, damn. I like Gardy a lot, but now this is interfering with my Twins hatred to hear them say that.

Just remember Gomez' unnecessary dive into home plate last week. That will continue to fuel your Twins hatred.

Britt Burns
10-01-2008, 02:37 AM
No sense in bothering to hate the guys you just left behind...

That was classy of Gardenhire.

chisoxfanatic
10-01-2008, 02:37 AM
Just remember Gomez' unnecessary dive into home plate last week. That will continue to fuel your Twins hatred.
Or his catch to record the 2nd out in the 9th in one of those games, or his constant antics in the outfield. There are a million reasons to hate Gomez alone!

GoGoCrede
10-01-2008, 02:53 AM

Ah, yes. Between that and Justin "Anybody but the White Sox" Morneau, I feel much better.

SteveFakeBlood
10-01-2008, 02:56 AM
"...And we let 'em off the hook..."

Dennis Green used to catch in the Baggy Dome, too.

THE TWINS ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE, BEATABLE. AND WE DIDN'T LET 'EM OFF THE HOOK!

Haha, classic. On one hand, **** the Twins. On the other, I appreciate the competition, without their ****, we might not have had the strength to hold on and win this division. I've met some total d-bag Twins fans and some absolutely great Twins fans- so I can't honestly say they all suck. Also, I've got mad respect for Joe Mauer, he's always seemed like a humble, gracious dude who's genuinely enthusiastic about playing for the team he grew up rooting for. He kills us, but seems like a good guy. Gardenhire is a genius, he turns solid **** teams into gold.

So yeah, I hate them and I'm damn glad to see us in the playoffs over them, but I respect them as competitors for sure.

Also, DSpivack is right, Minneapolis has an amazing music scene (particularly the hip-hop scene nowadays: Atmosphere, P.O.S., the Rhymesayers label, et al.). I'm assuming your "favorite punk band" is the Replacements, no? Such an amazing band (any anyone who's even heard a few notes of "Answering Machine" or "Little Mascara" will basically have to agree)... we're all Midwesterners at heart, after all.

~Steve

bridgeportcopper
10-01-2008, 02:56 AM
And **** Mathew Lecroix! Why? Why not? Always hated that piece of white trash, Matt Stairs wanna-be, Sox-killer!
On the other hand, Gardy doesn't seem like a bad guy!

DSpivack
10-01-2008, 01:31 PM
THE TWINS ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE, BEATABLE. AND WE DIDN'T LET 'EM OFF THE HOOK!

Haha, classic. On one hand, **** the Twins. On the other, I appreciate the competition, without their ****, we might not have had the strength to hold on and win this division. I've met some total d-bag Twins fans and some absolutely great Twins fans- so I can't honestly say they all suck. Also, I've got mad respect for Joe Mauer, he's always seemed like a humble, gracious dude who's genuinely enthusiastic about playing for the team he grew up rooting for. He kills us, but seems like a good guy. Gardenhire is a genius, he turns solid **** teams into gold.

So yeah, I hate them and I'm damn glad to see us in the playoffs over them, but I respect them as competitors for sure.

Also, DSpivack is right, Minneapolis has an amazing music scene (particularly the hip-hop scene nowadays: Atmosphere, P.O.S., the Rhymesayers label, et al.). I'm assuming your "favorite punk band" is the Replacements, no? Such an amazing band (any anyone who's even heard a few notes of "Answering Machine" or "Little Mascara" will basically have to agree)... we're all Midwesterners at heart, after all.

~Steve

Close! Replacements are good, but my fave is Dillinger Four.

itsnotrequired
10-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Close! Replacements are good, but my fave is Dillinger Four.

paddy and my buddy got kicked out of diversey bowl after giving each other swirlies in the bathroom.

Chez
10-01-2008, 01:43 PM
Sorry to go against the grain here, but I respect the Twins organization for seemingly always doing more with less and for playing fundamentally sound baseball. Hate the dome, but I respect their team.

DSpivack
10-01-2008, 01:55 PM
paddy and my buddy got kicked out of diversey bowl after giving each other swirlies in the bathroom.

:rolling:

That sounds about right. Thankfully, they're not much of sports fans as I remember. My sister is good friends with Eric, went to high school with him.

MeteorsSox4367
10-01-2008, 02:02 PM
Bleep Carlos Gomez for his unnecessary headfirst slide.

Bleep Nick Punto for acting like the Twins won the World Series and he hit the Lotto.

Bleep all those Mary Tyler Moore Show-hometown, used-to-cheer for Dino Ciccarelli, don't-play-in-a-real-ballpark bleepers.

And by the way, bleep the Vikings, too.

Enjoy the offseason, fellas. Thanks for being just horse(crap) enough. I appreciate it.

Go Sox!!

ajismyhero
10-01-2008, 02:08 PM
I would say **** Nathan, Liriano, and Santana (from the past), but I'm pretty sure several of them were included in the trade that eventually gave us AJ. So thanks for giving us catcher with B*LLS enough to hang to a ball, instead of a pretty boy like your do-gooder Mauer.

fram40
10-01-2008, 02:15 PM
Sorry to go against the grain here, but I respect the Twins organization for seemingly always doing more with less and for playing fundamentally sound baseball. Hate the dome, but I respect their team.

Agreed. They hustle, they play hard but clean, they are an exciting team to watch - I just don't get the Twins disrespect. They are our rivals - sure we hate them, but we I think we should respect them Just like Ozzie and Hawk respect them

Sure, Gomez shows a lot of emotion But that's the way the sports are now Wasn't it Big Frank who was shown up by a pitcher who had just struck home out and said if you don't want a pitcher pumping his arm when he strikes you out, don't strike out (Or some such thing)

Of course the Twins hate us. We are the big dog in the division - from the biggest city, with way more $$$ resources. That's just natural But the comments from Gardy and Mauer and others - they get this whole rival thing Play hard and congratulate the victor if you lose

Go SOX!!

hawkjt
10-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Morneau has a big mouth.

Punto and Gomez drive me nuts.

But Gardy is ok by me.. it is a good rivalry and I respect them.

When AJ is ready to call it quits in a few years, I would like to pick up Mauer as his replacement.

RockyMtnSoxFan
10-01-2008, 02:28 PM
Agreed. They hustle, they play hard but clean, they are an exciting team to watch - I just don't get the Twins disrespect. They are our rivals - sure we hate them, but we I think we should respect them Just like Ozzie and Hawk respect them

Sure, Gomez shows a lot of emotion But that's the way the sports are now Wasn't it Big Frank who was shown up by a pitcher who had just struck home out and said if you don't want a pitcher pumping his arm when he strikes you out, don't strike out (Or some such thing)

Of course the Twins hate us. We are the big dog in the division - from the biggest city, with way more $$$ resources. That's just natural But the comments from Gardy and Mauer and others - they get this whole rival thing Play hard and congratulate the victor if you lose

Go SOX!!

I agree for the most part. I like and envy their style of play. I think it is more fun to root for a scrappy, hustling team than a big, powerful slugging team, but I'll still cheer for the Sox over the Twins any day. I respect Gardenhire for what he does every year, and how professional he seems to be. Mauer is also a pro; Morneau, on the other hand ...

Although I respect them, I am still glad we kicked their ***es, and I hate them as a franchise. They drive me nuts, and I take more satisfaction in beating them than any team except the Indians, or maybe the Red Sox.

mccoydp
10-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Dear Twinkies,

Thanks for pissing the Sox off after that sweep, when times looked the bleakest, and encouraging them to take three straight against three different opponents for the Central Division Title.
We appreciate it!

Sincerely,

mccoydp

Jpgr91
10-01-2008, 02:45 PM
Just think... After last night, all that Minnesota fans have left is rooting for a football team that wears purple and plays in a dome.

Excelent.

Iwritecode
10-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Just think... After last night, all that Minnesota fans have left is rooting for a football team that wears purple and plays in a dome.

Excelent.

I'm guessing it should start snowing up there in the next few days. Their winters actually suck worse than ours do.

SOX ADDICT '73
10-01-2008, 03:01 PM
Good reading

"The White Sox asked their fans to wear all black to the stadium, calling it a "blackout," and the result was what looked like a convention of Grim Reapers."

:rip:, Twinkies.*

*Rotten In Playoffs

whitesox901
10-01-2008, 03:04 PM
**** the Twins!

Span = Spam

PatK
10-01-2008, 03:07 PM
Screw the Twins fans.

I had a couple sitting in front of us last night. Some were okay, but one guy was kind of a douche.

People by him were good naturedly ribbing him, and he took exception.

Mauer's first at bat, I said "Mauer, your sideburns are powerless here" and the other fans laughed, but he said "I'll take those sideburns over a gay bleach blonde hairdo".

I can't repeat what we said to the guy when AJ made that play at the plate.

SOXPHILE
10-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Does anyone else here think the Twins are crappy, and perpetual losers ? Just wondering. That was a classy move by Gardy after the game though, embracing Ozzie, congratulating him and wishing him good luck. But in the end, I just really believe the Twins are crappy, and they are also perpetual losers. Does anyone else believe as I do ?

asindc
10-01-2008, 03:25 PM
Does anyone else here think the Twins are crappy, and perpetual losers ? Just wondering. That was a classy move by Gardy after the game though, embracing Ozzie, congratulating him and wishing him good luck. But in the end, I just really believe the Twins are crappy, and they are also perpetual losers. Does anyone else believe as I do ?

Yes, I seem to recall it being mentioned at some point... :D:

Pear-Zin-Ski
10-01-2008, 03:27 PM
Dear Twinkes,

Thank you so much for thinking it was over last weekend...you let us right back in this thing!

Have a nice winter!

White City
10-01-2008, 03:54 PM
If you follow the above link to the Star Tribune's page, at the bottom of the articles there is an ad for 2009 tickets that entices you with the promise of postseason tickets. Not the best-timed ad, I'd say.