PDA

View Full Version : OK: Rotation and roster predictions for ALDS!

White City
09-30-2008, 09:47 PM
I'm going with:

Buehrle, Floyd, Danks, and repeat, with Javy long relief.

Bullpen: Jenks, Linebrink, Thornton, Dotel, Carrasco, Richard (Loogie), Vazquez, Ramirez (garbage time only)

AJ + Hall

Konerko + Swisher

Thome

Griffey, Wise, Anderson, Dye

Cabrera, Uribe, Ramirez, Fields, Bourgeois (yikes)

Pray that A) we make the ALCS and B) TCQ is ready by then.

BigP50
09-30-2008, 09:50 PM
everyone thank God for this win

I was prayin

I'll say

MB, Gavin, Jonny D, Javy in that order

friarhky22
09-30-2008, 09:52 PM
I think Javy should and will start game 1. That way, everyone can get back on regular rest, and the schedule will allow whoever pitches game 2 (Buehrle) to also come back and pitch game 5.

captainclutch24
09-30-2008, 09:56 PM
Buerhle will not pitch on two days rest. It will be Vasquez, Buerhle, Floyd, Danks, Buerhle

White City
09-30-2008, 09:59 PM
Buerhle will not pitch on two days rest. It will be Vasquez, Buerhle, Floyd, Danks, Buerhle

He pitched on Sunday, and our next game is Thursday, so that's three days of rest. Not ideal, but a 75% Buehrle may be better than any percent of Javy in an important game.

captainclutch24
09-30-2008, 10:02 PM
My bad.

oeo
09-30-2008, 10:10 PM
CSN saying the decision has already been made: it will be Javy in Game 1.

KingXerxes
09-30-2008, 10:12 PM
White Sox in 4.

As an aside, congrats to all of those on this board who did not give up. You know who you are.

To those of you who quit with five games to go.....well......

Hagan
09-30-2008, 10:31 PM
Fields is not available. I wouldnt be shocked to see Owens on that roster.

Noneck
09-30-2008, 10:41 PM
Fields is not available.
Based on what?

stevemcstud
09-30-2008, 10:53 PM
I would love for Mark to start and Javy as long relief. I just dont want to give up game 1 because of Javy. I would rather have Clayton in the pen than Russell. As a matter of fact I would rather have Broadway than Ramirez.

GoSox2K3
09-30-2008, 11:01 PM
Fields is not available. I wouldnt be shocked to see Owens on that roster.

Based on what?

Based on his having knee surgery.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080916&content_id=3489097&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Optipessimism
09-30-2008, 11:04 PM

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080916&content_id=3489097&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb
Well then it has to be Bourgeois if Fields can't go, but isn't Bourgeois ineligible for the postseason roster? I think Fields is going to have to suck it up if he's asked to go out there. There's no IF depth anymore as Getz is done.

DSpivack
09-30-2008, 11:06 PM
Well then it has to be Bourgeois if Fields can't go, but isn't Bourgeois ineligible for the postseason roster? I think Fields is going to have to suck it up if he's asked to go out there. There's no IF depth anymore as Getz is done.

Fields isn't an option. Bourgeois can be eligible if they want, I believe, as long as he's replaced an injured player.

GoSox2K3
09-30-2008, 11:07 PM

Why is he ineligible? I believe teams have flexibility in replacing injured players on playoff rosters.

Optipessimism
09-30-2008, 11:08 PM
Why is he ineligible? I believe teams have flexibility in replacing injured players on playoff rosters.
I hope there's some flexibility because the Sox really need it, but isn't there a rule that says players added to the 40-man after Aug. 31st are ineligible?

Noneck
09-30-2008, 11:14 PM

Fields came in late in a game this weekend to play 3rd. Also, The article states will have surgery at end of season, the season isn't over.

sunofgold
09-30-2008, 11:19 PM
Surgery after the season is over. The season isn't over. We do need a backup 3rd base, thus we have no choice. Nobody else can play third...maybe Alexei Ramirez as a very last resort.

Not the ideal situation, but you never know. Blum didn't play much but he got a big World Series HR. Fields can still be a dangerous pinch hitter b/c of his power.

DSpivack
10-01-2008, 12:34 AM
I hope there's some flexibility because the Sox really need it, but isn't there a rule that says players added to the 40-man after Aug. 31st are ineligible?

I believe this rule has been pretty flauntly broken in recent years. I remember Francisco Rodriguez was one example.

gf2020
10-01-2008, 12:43 AM
Anybody got any guesses on how many pitchers they keep and what the bullpen will look like in Tampa?

seventyseven
10-01-2008, 12:47 AM
I'm going with:

Bullpen: Jenks, Linebrink, Thornton, Dotel, Carrasco, Richard (Loogie), Vazquez, Ramirez (garbage time only)

AJ + Hall

Konerko + Swisher

Thome

I mostly agree.

It'll be: Javy-Burls-Floyd-Danks-Burls

I'd take Russell over Horacio Ramirez

I'd take Owens over Bourgeois

hawkjt
10-01-2008, 12:48 AM
Swish will make the roster.

RockJock07
10-01-2008, 12:53 AM
After considering what Javy has done I like starting him on the road. I was thinking MB, Gavin, then Javy in Game 3 but if the Sox are down 0-2 I feel better with Gavin going and John in Game 4.

After all that's happen, if the Sox had clinched earlier, how different would this rotation be? Not much, I guess MB would start Game 1 but other than that, its the same. I like our chances in this.

sunofgold
10-01-2008, 01:08 AM
I'm going with:

AJ + Hall

Konerko + Swisher

Thome

I agree with your list, but I don't see Bourgeois making the roster. He has barely played. hasn't played since the 18th. Don't see what Bourgeois would add to this roster except add some insurance in the infield.

Starters in the infield are going to play the whole game (except Swisher will replace Konerko defensively). Fields acts as insurance if one guy 3B, SS, or 2B has to leave the game.

You could go with 12 pitchers. Add Broadway? JV is going to be a starter, not a reliever. On the radio, they are mentioning Owens as a possibility but we do have a lot of OFs. Owens only value would be as a pinch runner or to lay down a bunt.

oeo
10-01-2008, 01:13 AM
I agree with your list, but I don't see Bourgeois making the roster. He has barely played. hasn't played since the 18th. Don't see what Bourgeois would add to this roster except add some insurance in the infield.

Which is exactly what we need. Of course our infield can move around quite a bit if someone were to get injured, but if two guys go down, who are we going to play?

Bourgeois will be a last resort in a game, but I fail to see how he's not on the roster. He'll bring some speed, and some versatility (can play some 2B, 3B, and outfield). It's not like we have a better option (Owens is not).