PDA

View Full Version : Rivalry

DubSox
09-30-2008, 06:43 PM
I think this game tonight really solidifies our rivalry with the Twins, and hopefully escalates it to a National level.

I know we as Sox fans see them as our main rival (at least I do), but its no where on the level as Yanks-Sox or Shlubs-Cards.

Lets go out and beat them, lets make it dramatic, and lets make some people recognize the White Sox.

Don't stop believin'

Madscout
09-30-2008, 06:56 PM
I think this game tonight really solidifies our rivalry with the Twins, and hopefully escalates it to a National level.

I know we as Sox fans see them as our main rival (at least I do), but its no where on the level as Yanks-Sox or Shlubs-Cards.

Lets go out and beat them, lets make it dramatic, and lets make some people recognize the White Sox.

Don't stop believin'
You really don't know anything about baseball if you think that the rivalry between Twins-Sox is anywhere close to this rivalry. I think of Scrubs- Cards as a friendly rivalry. The Scrubs beat them at home, and the cards go and win the division most years. The Twins and the White Sox HATE each other, and I know I speak for our fans when I say that we hate the twins. Do you think what happened last week in the Baggie dome was new? The Tori Hunter ordeal a few years back really solidified the rivalry as one of the elite rivalries in the game, but since we are talking about a Minnesota team and the lesser attended Chicago team with a media that is primarily based in New York and LA.

You will see a more heated and better game tonight than you have ever seen between the Cubs and the Cardinals.

JermaineDye05
09-30-2008, 07:04 PM
You really don't know anything about baseball if you think that the rivalry between Twins-Sox is anywhere close to this rivalry. I think of Scrubs- Cards as a friendly rivalry. The Scrubs beat them at home, and the cards go and win the division most years. The Twins and the White Sox HATE each other, and I know I speak for our fans when I say that we hate the twins. Do you think what happened last week in the Baggie dome was new? The Tori Hunter ordeal a few years back really solidified the rivalry as one of the elite rivalries in the game, but since we are talking about a Minnesota team and the lesser attended Chicago team with a media that is primarily based in New York and LA.

You will see a more heated and better game tonight than you have ever seen between the Cubs and the Cardinals.

I don't know, I'm pretty sure there are Cubs who hate the Cardinals and I know Cubs fans hate the Cardinals and vice versa. I seem to remember Pujols when he was at Wrigley, when he hit a homerun with the fans chanting "Pujols sucks!!". Didn't he kind put his finger to his mouth after the homerun to sort of tell the fans to shush? I may have him mistaken for a different player or maybe Pujols did it against a different team. I'm sure Zambrano has drilled a couple of Cardinals too, one of them being Jim Edmonds actually which was right after a Cardinal homerun. The Cubs-Cards rivalry is not friendly to say the least.

DubSox
09-30-2008, 07:05 PM

I know that the Twinkies-Sox is far more heated, but the media loves to play up they're darling Cubbies so we're more likely to hear about that one.

The other reason I mention that one is because its one of the oldest in the MLB, they've played over 2200 games against each other.

I feel like, because we're the lesser (in the media's eyes) Chicago team, and no one cares about Minnesota outside of the state, that our rivalry does not get noticed, but I think tonight could vault it into that stratosphere.

rustysurf83
09-30-2008, 07:11 PM
I think we are the biggest rivals to most of the Division. Obviously the Twins hate the Sox, Tigers fans consider the Sox the biggest rivalry, and I would imagine Cleveland doesn't like the Sox too much either...KC...well I think you have to have a realistic shot at winning once in a while to have a rivalry.

Madscout
09-30-2008, 07:12 PM
I don't know, I'm pretty sure there are Cubs who hate the Cardinals and I know Cubs fans hate the Cardinals and vice versa. I seem to remember Pujols when he was at Wrigley, when he hit a homerun with the fans chanting "Pujols sucks!!". Didn't he kind put his finger to his mouth after the homerun to sort of tell the fans to shush? I may have him mistaken for a different player or maybe Pujols did it against a different team. I'm sure Zambrano has drilled a couple of Cardinals too, one of them being Jim Edmonds actually which was right after a Cardinal homerun. The Cubs-Cards rivalry is not friendly to say the least.
All things that really aren't out of the norm. Z has cooled down a bit, but he is a big idiot and a hothead.

"Pujols sucks" is tame for a "fan"base that throws garbage on the field when they are pissed.

The incidents between the Twins-White Sox, little different.