PDA

View Full Version : WOW A Good Article About The White Sox @ ESPN.com....Imagine That!!

Thome25
09-30-2008, 05:53 PM
Pretty good article....I really enjoyed it. I was shocked to see it at ESPN though.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3617307

What do you think?

30DaysintheHole
09-30-2008, 06:02 PM
Good one - sums up all of the negative events (and attittudes) the Sox have overcome to hang on to the top spot in the final weeks. I also always appreciate an article about the White Sox that does not mention the Cubs - why so sports writers love doing that?

thomas35forever
09-30-2008, 06:11 PM
I read that article last night and liked it. I don't know why I just wasted my time with "Around the Horn" though. Apparently, nobody on that show believes in us.

Carolina Kenny
09-30-2008, 06:17 PM
I read that article last night and liked it. I don't know why I just wasted my time with "Around the Horn" though. Apparently, nobody on that show believes in us.

and you expected Moronatti to pick the sox?

thomas35forever
09-30-2008, 06:24 PM
and you expected Moronatti to pick the sox?
Of course not. The Twins have momentum from that one series? If anything, the Sox have momentum from their last two victories.

Billy Ashley
09-30-2008, 08:03 PM
Good one - sums up all of the negative events (and attittudes) the Sox have overcome to hang on to the top spot in the final weeks. I also always appreciate an article about the White Sox that does not mention the Cubs - why so sports writers love doing that?

Because they're two of the oldest, most tradition filled teams in baseball that happen to play in the same city?

The Cubs are a big draw nation wide. Do they deserve it? Probably not but it's not that the entire media is anti white sox. It's that the media follows the money and unfortunately for most of baseball the money comes disproportionately from New York, Boston, and the Cubs. Hopefully with the White Sox in the play offs yet again along with LAA as well as new the Brewers and Rays the interest will spread out a bit.