PDA

View Full Version : Would we do a rally?

EuroSox35
09-30-2008, 12:45 PM
The Cubs are having a playoff rally right now. Do you think we'll do one if we win? Their's is on about 8 channels right now :rolleyes: Through a quick flip I saw Daley wearing a Cubs hat and Blago...vich talking about the White Sox to a chorus of boos (this guy obsessed with us?)

It's Time
09-30-2008, 12:56 PM
This is a MLB sponsored event for all the teams in the postseason. I think they have been doing this since 2004.

Boondock Saint
09-30-2008, 12:56 PM
My sister was just watching the rally, and I have to say that it was one of the most embarrassingly large displays of public stupidity I've ever seen.

I don't care how you'd manage to get one in, or who you'd get to do it. I do not want to see the Sox doing a "We made it this far" rally. Just the idea of it is stupid.

chisoxfanatic
09-30-2008, 12:57 PM
The rally is tonight at 35th & Shields.

EuroSox35
09-30-2008, 12:59 PM
This is a MLB sponsored event for all the teams in the postseason. I think they have been doing this since 2004.

Yeah, I think it used to be called Rally Monday since that's when it used to be held. Just curious if they'd do one for us for our 'weird' circumstances

My sister was just watching the rally, and I have to say that it was one of the most embarrassingly large displays of public stupidity I've ever seen.

I don't care how you'd manage to get one in, or who you'd get to do it. I do not want to see the Sox doing a "We made it this far" rally. Just the idea of it is stupid.

Ha, yeah, it's not something I'd lose sleep over if we didn't get

SOXBOY
09-30-2008, 01:00 PM
The Sox rally is after they win the World Series.

cws05champ
09-30-2008, 01:10 PM
The Cubs are having a playoff rally right now. Do you think we'll do one if we win? Their's is on about 8 channels right now :rolleyes: Through a quick flip I saw Daley wearing a Cubs hat and Blago...vich talking about the White Sox to a chorus of boos (this guy obsessed with us?)
Really? Didn't his head explode or something.

areilly
09-30-2008, 01:25 PM
Really? Didn't his head explode or something.

He's done that before when speaking at rallies in Cubs playoff seasons past. The hat thing, not the exploding brain thing.

kittle42
09-30-2008, 02:16 PM
Ha, yeah, it's not something I'd lose sleep over if we didn't get

I'm with you, but there would be at least 20 people here acting like it was the end of the world that we didn't get one.

Chez
09-30-2008, 02:36 PM
Let's skip the rally and save it for a parade in late October.

spiffie
09-30-2008, 02:36 PM

How did you feel when the Sox had a huge rally downtown before the ALDS in 2005? http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20051003&content_id=1236300&vkey=ps2005news&fext=.jsp

D. TODD
09-30-2008, 02:47 PM
How did you feel when the Sox had a huge rally downtown before the ALDS in 2005? http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20051003&content_id=1236300&vkey=ps2005news&fext=.jspEvery team has a rally through MLB. It is not a Cub/Sox thing. So yes we would have a rally if we were not busy trying to make the ALDS tonight, just like we have had in the past.

DSpivack
09-30-2008, 03:04 PM
How did you feel when the Sox had a huge rally downtown before the ALDS in 2005? http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20051003&content_id=1236300&vkey=ps2005news&fext=.jsp

Every team has a rally through MLB. It is not a Cub/Sox thing. So yes we would have a rally if we were not busy trying to make the ALDS tonight, just like we have had in the past.

The article mentioned that MLB started doing these rallies in 2004. Every playoff team since has had one.

Palehose Pete
09-30-2008, 03:13 PM
The Sox rally is after they win the World Series.

You said it.

Boondock Saint
09-30-2008, 03:23 PM

Didn't see it. But if it had anything remotely similar to Jim Belushi leading a sing-along of "Go Cubs Go", Rod Blagojevich's least convincing (and most embarrassing) speech ever and calling Micah Hoffpauir and Sean Marshall on stage to wave for 8 seconds, I wouldn't like it, either.

jdm2662
09-30-2008, 03:40 PM
Didn't see it. But if it had anything remotely similar to Jim Belushi leading a sing-along of "Go Cubs Go", Rod Blagojevich's least convincing (and most embarrassing) speech ever and calling Micah Hoffpauir and Sean Marshall on stage to wave for 8 seconds, I wouldn't like it, either.

There is no reason to have a rally. This isn't high school homecoming.

oeo
09-30-2008, 03:42 PM
No time for ****ing rallies, we need to get to Tampa and at least get a little mental rest up before the playoffs start.

puckereduppiet
09-30-2008, 04:30 PM
Every team has a rally through MLB. It is not a Cub/Sox thing. So yes we would have a rally if we were not busy trying to make the ALDS tonight, just like we have had in the past.

We're gonna get one and LIKE IT!!!

hawkjt
09-30-2008, 04:39 PM
Sox are just worrying about getting in...then tomorrow head down to florida for a short workout on the Rays field.
No time for such foolishness.
This is winning time.
Go Sox.

eriqjaffe
09-30-2008, 04:39 PM
We're gonna get one and LIKE IT!!!I hope somebody still has Steve Perry's phone number!

GoSox2K3
09-30-2008, 11:13 PM
Any word on if/when the Sox will have a pre-playoff rally?

Viva Medias B's
09-30-2008, 11:15 PM
If we have a rally, it would have to be tomorrow presumably in Daley Plaza. If that is the case, I am quite sure Da Mare will be much more enthusiastic at this one than he was at the one on Tuesday.

WhiteSoxOnly
09-30-2008, 11:25 PM
If we have a rally, it would have to be tomorrow presumably in Daley Plaza. If that is the case, I am quite sure Da Mare will be much more enthusiastic at this one than he was at the one on Tuesday.

Da Mare passed in 1976...junior is lucky his dad isn't around to see
his son in a cub hat which would have gotten him a severe jolt
to the head.

Mendoza Line
09-30-2008, 11:28 PM
It happened to be on during my lunch break. I believe Rod said that the Picasso statue should be torn down and a Jim Hendry statue should be erected... Honest to god that's almost a direct quote.

Wow... just... wow..

areilly
09-30-2008, 11:33 PM

They said on the postgame the team was heading straight to Florida tonight, so looks like we miss out - or at least won't get to wave to the Sox' answer to Sean Marshall.

thomas35forever
09-30-2008, 11:43 PM
It happened to be on during my lunch break. I believe Rod said that the Picasso statue should be torn down and a Jim Hendry statue should be erected... Honest to god that's almost a direct quote.

Wow... just... wow..
:puking:

SOX ADDICT '73
10-01-2008, 12:09 AM
to the head.
FWIW, in the brief clip of the rally I saw, Richard M. looked like he was about to throw up.

...the Sox' answer to Sean Marshall.
Horacio Ramirez?

Hitmen77
10-01-2008, 09:49 AM
to the head.

Last night either Dan Roan or Mark Giangreco (i forget which one) joked that Daley threw his Cubs hat under a bus the moment he left the rally.

BeeBeeRichard
10-01-2008, 12:03 PM
Last night either Dan Roan or Mark Giangreco (i forget which one) joked that Daley threw his Cubs hat under a bus the moment he left the rally.

Was the bus broken down or just running extremely late? Or did it have the wrong route information on the front sign?