PDA

View Full Version : Darrin Jackson Appreciation Thread

downstairs
09-30-2008, 01:20 PM
Hawk never let him live up to his potential. He was above-average in the national games he did.

He was bland at best with us, but hey- he gave us 10 years.

An we'll always remember:

Uhh-Ohhhhh!

The Milkman
09-30-2008, 02:33 PM
So long, DJ. You finished your White Sox TV career quite mediocre. You came quite far in 9 years.

pythons007
09-30-2008, 02:35 PM
Geez 10 years! Time flys when....actually time didn't fly DJ was brutal.

areilly
09-30-2008, 03:39 PM
DJ -

The first time I ever heard you do a Fox Saturday broadcast, you were insightful, well-informed, entertaining, and on-point. I almost couldn't believe it was the same Darrin Jackson I knew from the local TV team.

You deserved better than to be paired with Hawk, and I hope you get a chance to shine. There is a good broadcaster hiding in there somewhere. We know this, and you do too.

Rock on, #30.

hellview
09-30-2008, 03:44 PM
Hawk never let him live up to his potential.

DJ was a five-tool annoucer...

He could call a game with his back to the baseket. He had a annoucers body with future plus game calling ability.

D. TODD
09-30-2008, 03:51 PM
I liked DJ. He's not the most entertaining guy, but he was okay by me. Good luck feisty.

sachin
09-30-2008, 03:55 PM
D.J. was the 2nd best broadcaster for the Chicago White Sox, after Stone on the radio. I rank them as follows:

1. Stone
2. D.Jackson
3. Ken Harelson
4. Ed Farmer, who does not broadcast the game with enthusiasm and too frequently talks of California and other items that are not relative too the Chicago White SOx.:angry:

FoulTerritory
09-30-2008, 04:01 PM
While I'm enthused about Steve Stone, I am also saddened by the loss of DJ from the TV booth. I think he improved a lot as the years went on. And he just has one of those goofy good-hearted personalities that grow on you. I've grown so used to him in the booth with Hawk, that his absence will be inevitably noticed next year. For better or worse, watching Sox games will have a different feel and tone.

Man. I never thought I'd be nostalgic about DJ. Maybe I'm just sappy.

I do hope he takes the radio gig.

Uncle_Patrick
09-30-2008, 04:02 PM
Uh...

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=106362