PDA

View Full Version : best way to get tickets for tonight?

NLaloosh
09-30-2008, 12:53 PM
I HAVE to get to tonight's game because I can't afford playoff tickets if they should make it.

My thinking was to go down a couple of hours early and see if I can buy them off the street. Stub hub doesn't have much and anything good seems ridiculously priced right now.

I just need 2 lower level tickets for me and my wife. Any other thoughts?

oeo
09-30-2008, 12:56 PM
I HAVE to get to tonight's game because I can't afford playoff tickets if they should make it.

My thinking was to go down a couple of hours early and see if I can buy them off the street. Stub hub doesn't have much and anything good seems ridiculously priced right now.

Standing Room Only tickets go on sale at noon, I think. Check the thread on it.

NLaloosh
09-30-2008, 01:01 PM
Standing Room Only tickets go on sale at noon, I think. Check the thread on it.

Thanks. But, I wouldn't go down there for that.

kevingrt
09-30-2008, 01:03 PM
Thanks. But, I wouldn't go down there for that.

If you "HAVE" to make it down what's wrong with SRO?

Enjoy it on tv with that $5 6-pack of miller lite while we sit/stand in the stadium with a $6.50 bottle.

kobo
09-30-2008, 01:22 PM

If you HAVE to be there why does it matter where you sit?

SoxFan78
09-30-2008, 01:24 PM
I'm guessing if you can't afford playoff tickets, you won't be able to afford this game if you dont want SRO.

This is as much of a playoff game as the ALDS. People are probably not going to be unloading tickets for face because this could be the final game of the season.

My reccomendation is if you really want to go watch the game, hang around the stadium and MAYBE when the game is a couple of innings in there might be people taking face value for good tickets.

hawkjt
09-30-2008, 01:42 PM
This is a historic game for the White Sox franchise as the first winner-take-all game for the Sox in their existence.

I suspect tickets will be very hard to come by outside.

jabrch
09-30-2008, 01:47 PM

There are some decent seats available on Stubhub for fairly reasonable prices... I know that's still a lot of money, but tickets for today are not cheap even at face value. There are still some lowers for under $150 a ticket. (I know - that isn't cheap - but it is reasonable since face on those tickets is $55)

That said - go to today's game - you may just get lucky getting tickets outside.

NLaloosh
09-30-2008, 01:55 PM
Thanks to all that replied. My personal philosophy is not to sit in the upper level. Of course a World Series game would be different.

And, this is not a playoff game. While I expect to pay more than face, I'd still like to keep it within reason since this is NOT a playoff game.

I have to believe that quite a few people purchased tickets with the intent of selling them. So, I'll go with that hope. Maybe I can get lower levels for $ 100 a piece.

When your limit is something in that price range, a playoff ticket will never be affordable. If somebody know someone with a couple, my number is 773-251-3731. Thanks.

Believe It!
09-30-2008, 01:58 PM
I have to believe that quite a few people purchased tickets with the intent of selling them. So, I'll go with that hope.
You're right about that, but their intent is also to make some decent coin in the process.

champagne030
09-30-2008, 02:00 PM
Thanks to all that replied. My personal philosophy is not to sit in the upper level. Of course a World Series game would be different.

And, this is not a playoff game. While I expect to pay more than face, I'd still like to keep it within reason since this is NOT a playoff game.

I have to believe that quite a few people purchased tickets with the intent of selling them. So, I'll go with that hope. Maybe I can get lower levels for $ 100 a piece.

When your limit is something in that price range, a playoff ticket will never be affordable. If somebody know someone with a couple, my number is . Thanks.

I'd rethink listing your phone number....Just sayin'......

jabrch
09-30-2008, 02:02 PM

If you look at Stubhub you can find lowers for the ALDS for between $125 and $150. That's not too bad.

BainesHOF
09-30-2008, 02:04 PM
You'll probably be able to find tickets IF you're willing to make the effort. The ticket sale at the box office last night and then the SRO online sale this afternoon were already great chances to see the game. I don't understand your reluctance to sit in the upper deck today. Thousands of people would kill for the chance to do it.

I've got news for you, too. The demand to see this game is incredibly high for a variety of obvious reasons. The thirst to see this game is even higher than a normal playoff game. I've never seen a scene like the one I saw at the box office after last night's game was over.

That said, there's always deals to be had for any game...if you're willing to surf online and then hit the pavement around the park.