PDA

View Full Version : Griffey Time Has Arrived

PolishPower83
09-30-2008, 10:49 AM
Since July 31, I've been waiting for that game that makes me say, "So that's why we got Griffey!" Call me crazy, but I think tonight's the night. He smoked a homer off Blackburn last Wednesday and I think he comes up huge tonight.

Our other lefties have also found success off Blackburn this year. A.J. is hitting .500 off him and Thome has reached in 6 of 14 at-bats with two doubles and two RBIs.

:gulp:So here's to Griffey helping lead the charge early and often tonight so I don't have to worry about heartburn and heartbreak.

hellview
09-30-2008, 10:52 AM
Something tells me Griffey isn't gonna do anything except ground out to 2nd and 1st.

Worthless pick up...

jabrch
09-30-2008, 10:54 AM
Something tells me Griffey isn't gonna do anything except ground out to 2nd and 1st.

Worthless pick up...

You could do better than that. I want heart. I want guts. I want you to want it. If you are going to post sillyness, put some effort into it. I know you can do it. I give this post 1 Troll.

:dtroll:

getonbckthr
09-30-2008, 10:55 AM
If the weather report is true JR and Thome might get 2 hr's each.

hellview
09-30-2008, 10:57 AM
You could do better than that. I want heart. I want guts. I want you to want it. If you are going to post sillyness, put some effort into it. I know you can do it. I give this post 1 Troll.

:dtroll:

What...you telling me Griffey's line .258/.347/.398 while playing garbage defense in CF is good.

The guy has been worthless. Congrats on your HOF career and what you did in the 90's It's 2008 and he's playing like crap and I'm not gonna sugercoat it.

TDog
09-30-2008, 10:59 AM
It was late October before Geoff Blum's time in a White Sox uniform arrived.

esbrechtel
09-30-2008, 11:00 AM
Griff has had some solid 2 out hits to drive in some runs...He has also taken some good walks (see Tigers, Detriot 9/28) While I am not a huge fan of him in CF it has been fun watching him play for the Sox for 2 months (PLUS we got rid of Masset!:bandance:)

jabrch
09-30-2008, 11:01 AM
What...you telling me Griffey's line .258/.347/.398 while playing garbage defense in CF is good.

The guy has been worthless. Congrats on your HOF career and what you did in the 90's It's 2008 and he's playing like crap and I'm not gonna sugercoat it.

I'm telling you it is nothing but trolling when you post like this. We gave up spare parts for a guy who ended up playing CF for us down the stretch. That's not worthless. You said it is worthless - now you are asking me if said it was good? That's trolling - again.

If we didn't have Griffey, we'd have had BA or Owens in CF every day. We gave up nothing, got insurance, and have used that insurance. Worthless - my ass.

hi im skot
09-30-2008, 11:01 AM
It's Toby Hall's time...to pie Griffey.

pythons007
09-30-2008, 11:02 AM

Blah Blah Blah, there have been a couple games where all our offense came from Griffey. Shut up, stop being such a douchebag and a ****ing dark cloud. Be happy where we are at, and watch when Griffey tags Blackburn in a pattened Griffey homer!

thomas35forever
09-30-2008, 11:03 AM
Remember, Griffey's beaten the Twins in a one-game playoff before. Not only did he club a homer, he made a leaping catch at the wall that prevented the Twinks from winning.

Evman5
09-30-2008, 11:07 AM
Remember, Griffey's beaten the Twins in a one-game playoff before. Not only did he club a homer, he made a leaping catch at the wall that prevented the Twinks from winning.

lol...was that in Little Big League?

asindc
09-30-2008, 11:08 AM

Yes Hellview, he has played like crap and no one here will argue the point. We don't except any sugercoating for past performance. But on the question of what you expect tonight, let's show some faith, shall we? Especially based on the recent success Jr. had against the pitcher he will face tonight.

hellview
09-30-2008, 11:09 AM

When the hell was that?

hellview
09-30-2008, 11:10 AM
I'm telling you it is nothing but trolling when you post like this. We gave up spare parts for a guy who ended up playing CF for us down the stretch. That's not worthless. You said it is worthless - now you are asking me if said it was good? That's trolling - again.

If we didn't have Griffey, we'd have had BA or Owens in CF every day. We gave up nothing, got insurance, and have used that insurance. Worthless - my ass.

I'll take my chances with BA or Owens cause atleast they can cover some ground and play decent defense.

thomas35forever
09-30-2008, 11:13 AM
When the hell was that?
Twinks-Mariners for the AL Wild Card. The M's won in 12 innings. Pinella went to Randy Johnson to get the final out.

DaveFeelsRight
09-30-2008, 11:13 AM
lets hope we see this tonight:

http://nbcsportsmedia.msnbc.com/j/ap/acf1e370-0e9d-4bda-a9db-991d1239ae71.hmedium.jpg

esbrechtel
09-30-2008, 11:15 AM
I'll take my chances with BA or Owens cause atleast they can cover some ground and play decent defense.

I would give you BA but Owens.....you are complaining about Griffey not hitting then you talk about Owens...I'll call the 1 troll and raise: :dtroll::dtroll:

BBaum21
09-30-2008, 11:16 AM
When the hell was that?

It was in Little Big League.

hellview
09-30-2008, 11:16 AM
Twinks-Mariners for the AL Wild Card. The M's won in 12 innings. Pinella went to Randy Johnson to get the final out.

What year, I really don't remember that?

pythons007
09-30-2008, 11:20 AM

Man your comments are awful. Get off this board!

hawkjt
09-30-2008, 11:22 AM
Griffey's numbers for the last nine games:

.333 BA
.375 On base %
5 RBI's

Not sizzling but not embarrassing either.
Tonite's the nite....Go Jr.

oeo
09-30-2008, 11:24 AM

Griffey does give us decent defense. You guys are crazy...Griffey doesn't have the speed anymore, but he looks a lot better out in center than I thought he would. Remember Mackowiak? That's bad. Griffey's been kind of meh on the range, but it hasn't been terrible. I was expecting a complete butcher of routes, misplayed balls, etc. Griffey's major problem has been lack of speed, though. He's still got the instincts, getting fairly good jumps, and taking good routes...there's just some he hasn't been able to catch up to.

thedudeabides

You may be the only one here who thinks Owens is capable of playing decent defense. He's brutal.

RockJock07

Owens is awful in the field. He can cover ground but he's still awful. BA will get into the game when the Sox have a lead.

People need to shut the **** up about Griffey. We gave up NOTHING to get him, simple as that. Let's win this thing more many reasons but also, lets get Griffey into the playoffs.

RockJock07
09-30-2008, 11:27 AM
Griffey does give us decent defense. You guys are crazy...Griffey doesn't have the speed anymore, but he looks a lot better out in center than I thought he would. Remember Mackowiak? That's bad. Griffey's been kind of meh on the range, but it hasn't been terrible.

Mackowiak wasn't a OF, Griffey can still make the reads he did 10+ years ago. He's lost steps for sure but his reads haven't diminished so I feel comfortable with him in CF until the 8th or 9th then bringing in BA.

Carolina Kenny
09-30-2008, 11:28 AM
Griffey may be old, slow and creaky but for right now he is our Griffey.

HOF Griffey vs the Immortal Blackburn:
Advantage HOF Griffey.

Madscout
09-30-2008, 11:30 AM
It was late October before Geoff Blum's time in a White Sox uniform arrived.
We didn't rely on Geoff Blum the way we have relied on Griffey these past 6 weeks or so.

jabrch
09-30-2008, 12:41 PM
I'll take my chances with BA or Owens

Great - you do that. The Charlotte Knights need your support.