PDA

View Full Version : Mark my words...

WhiteSoxFan84
09-30-2008, 11:30 AM
IFFFF we win tonight's game, our White Sox are going to the ALCS. No, I know we have to play the ALDS first, but how can anyone discount a team that will have played and won 3 "win or go home" games in a row? That kind of intensity doesn't just disappear because of one off day. So IFFF we prevail, somehow, tonight, White Sox in 4 in the ALDS vs. Tampa is my bet.

BTW, when is the last time, if ever, has a baseball team played 4 different teams in 5 days?

EDIT: i forgot to mention tampa's inexperience. yeh, we had the same question mark in 2005, but our guys were all vets (konerko, dye, contreras, freddy, buehrle, pierzynski, crede, and podsednik). i guess you can point out jenks an jon garland, but garland has been around for as long as buehrle has. jenks would qualify as the young one. but the rays have: shields, upton, longoria, kazmir, garza, etc., all young players, very important parts of the team, with very little major league experience.

Jim Shorts
09-30-2008, 11:37 AM
BTW, when is the last time, if ever, has a baseball team played 4 different teams in 5 days?

I heard this earlier today....if they win tonight it will be the first time in MLB history a team has beaten three different teams in three days.

swish
09-30-2008, 11:37 AM

Spring trainning 2008

WhiteSoxFan84
09-30-2008, 11:40 AM
Spring trainning 2008
very informative. awesome work. WSI thrives for a helpful tool like you. keyword, tool.

Mod edit: Do not make personal attacks on other posters. Warning.

I heard this earlier today....if they win tonight it will be the first time in MLB history a team has beaten three different teams in three days.

no way? that is awesome lol
hope we can make it 4 wins in 5 days against 4 different teams. but one day at a time (the 2004 red sox approach after being down 0-3 to the yanks in the alcs).

swish
09-30-2008, 03:17 PM
very informative. awesome work. WSI thrives for a helpful tool like you. keyword, tool.

Was I incorrect or is that the last time a team has played 4 teams in 5 days? I think thats correct. But as for the last time a team has played 4 teams in 5 days DURING THE REGULAR SEASON, I do not know. Just relax, we are just having some fun! Remember we are all on the same team here... GO SOX!!!!

JermaineDye05
09-30-2008, 03:27 PM
IFFFF we win tonight's game, our White Sox are going to the ALCS. No, I know we have to play the ALDS first, but how can anyone discount a team that will have played and won 3 "win or go home" games in a row? That kind of intensity doesn't just disappear because of one off day. So IFFF we prevail, somehow, tonight, White Sox in 4 in the ALDS vs. Tampa is my bet.

EDIT: i forgot to mention tampa's inexperience. yeh, we had the same question mark in 2005, but our guys were all vets (konerko, dye, contreras, freddy, buehrle, pierzynski, crede, and podsednik). i guess you can point out jenks an jon garland, but garland has been around for as long as buehrle has. jenks would qualify as the young one. but the rays have: shields, upton, longoria, kazmir, garza, etc., all young players, very important parts of the team, with very little major league experience.

It's not far fetched to think the Sox could go to the ALCS or win it all if they win tonight. In 2005 many people view that unexpected surge by the Indians ot be the best thing that ever happened to this team. Cause it go them to bear down and play some of the best baseball they had all season.

Sox4ever77
09-30-2008, 03:27 PM

I read on ESPN, ten other teams tried to accomplish that feat this year and failed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=280929104

PaleHoser
09-30-2008, 03:31 PM
Fortunately the Sox are getting break by playing three of them at home. Kind of reminds me of the odyssey the Angels had in the 2005 AL playoffs where they played three games in three days in three different cities.

Playing in Cleveland, then Detroit then Minnesota would have been brutal.

Jim Shorts
09-30-2008, 03:32 PM
I read on ESPN, ten other teams tried to accomplish that feat this year and failed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=280929104

Wow. Not disagreeing but not sure how that can be done with series play and all.

Discinfool23
09-30-2008, 03:37 PM
Wow. Not disagreeing but not sure how that can be done with series play and all.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe all of the weather issues lead to this happening? There were lots of makeup games on days off this year.

Iwritecode
09-30-2008, 03:48 PM
Kind of reminds me of the odyssey the Angels had in the 2005 AL playoffs where they played three games in three days in three different cities.

Three different time zones too.

cws05champ
09-30-2008, 04:01 PM
Well, I just got tix for Game one of the ALDS here in Tampa, and hopefully I'll be driving up there Thursday morning to see a Sox win.

09-30-2008, 04:12 PM
White Sox will host Boston in the ALCS.

oeo
09-30-2008, 04:18 PM

You guys are setting yourself up for big disappointment if the Sox don't win tonight. Need to stay on an even keel.

Every time I find myself getting excited for Thursday, I keep thinking they still have work to do to get there.

nysox35
09-30-2008, 04:33 PM
You guys are setting yourself up for big disappointment if the Sox don't win tonight. Need to stay on an even keel.

Every time I find myself getting excited for Thursday, I keep thinking they still have work to do to get there.

True enough, but I def have had the same thought as the OP. If we can pull it off tonight, I really like our chances in the first round.
Go Sox!

thomas35forever
09-30-2008, 04:33 PM

Agreed. Don't even think about Thursday right now. If the Sox lose tonight, it won't matter. We gotta take care of business tonight. One step at a time.

White City
09-30-2008, 04:35 PM
Is Mark Mywirtz somebody in our farm system?

LoveYourSuit
09-30-2008, 04:40 PM
These threads are getting beyond lame ant pathetic.

Worry about the task on hand tonight, and the rest whenever it does come.

jabrch
09-30-2008, 04:49 PM

Then a week later, we get home field advantage in a 7 game set vs the Cubs...

KyWhiSoxFan
09-30-2008, 05:15 PM
Was I incorrect or is that the last time a team has played 4 teams in 5 days? I think thats correct. But as for the last time a team has played 4 teams in 5 days DURING THE REGULAR SEASON, I do not know. Just relax, we are just having some fun! Remember we are all on the same team here... GO SOX!!!!

Actually, it was funny. But you learn that some people around here have no sense of humor. Sports is life and death.

Iwritecode
09-30-2008, 05:17 PM

Just glancing through the schedules and I see that the Yankees and Tigers both did it on 8/31, 9/1 and 9/2. The Yankees went 2-1 and the Tigers 1-2.