PDA

View Full Version : For record keeping, is this THE playoffs or regular season?

white sox bill
09-30-2008, 09:57 AM
Are personal stats effected in anyway by this game or do the personal stats carry over as Post Season stats?

MushMouth
09-30-2008, 09:59 AM
I need one home run from Thome or Konerko to tie in the Mac Jurko Harry Cubs-Sox bets I do w/ a buddy (A bottle of Noah's Mill on the line!), I'm just about to send him an email reminding him that this is Regular Season, and the stats are Regular season stats and will count.

FielderJones
09-30-2008, 09:59 AM
163rd game stats are part of the regular season.

Scottiehaswheels
09-30-2008, 10:14 AM
So we still have a 40 man roster?

downstairs
09-30-2008, 10:27 AM

All of the normal regular season rules apply. This is nothing more than a regular season game, like yesterday's and the 161 before that.

Stats count toward the regular season.

The only difference is in the TV contract: TBS happens to have the rights to any game 163+. That's all.

swish
09-30-2008, 10:31 AM

that is a good question. I would assume so because it is still the regular season in sept. But you know what they say about those who assume...

WhiteSoxFan84
09-30-2008, 10:34 AM
that is a good question. I would assume so because it is still the regular season in sept. But you know what they say about those who assume...

read the posts right above you. this is an extension of the REGULAR season. so yes to: having a 40-man roster and stats from the game counting as regular season stats.

hawkjt
09-30-2008, 10:39 AM
Can the wildcard team ever have homefield?
If the Red Sox should meet the White Sox...who has home field?
Division winners should always retain home field,imo,but not sure what the rule is.

UofCSoxFan
09-30-2008, 10:42 AM
Division winners should always retain home field,imo,but not sure what the rule is.

The Wild Card team is always at a homefield disadvantage, even if they have the second or third best record. Boston and Milwaukee can not have homefield advantage in the playoffs (well Boston can in the World Series).

WhiteSoxFan84
09-30-2008, 10:43 AM

im almost positive that the wild card never has home field (unless their league won the all-star game and they make it to the world series). in 2003, the marlns (nl wild card) had a better record than the cubs (nl central champs) yet the cubs had home field. so yes, we are right lol.

Lip Man 1
09-30-2008, 11:21 AM
A wild card team can never have home field advantage unless it gets to the World Series and is in the league that won the All Star Game.

Lip

Iwritecode
09-30-2008, 11:29 AM
The Wild Card team is always at a homefield disadvantage, even if they have the second or third best record. Boston and Milwaukee can not have homefield advantage in the playoffs (well Boston can in the World Series).

im almost positive that the wild card never has home field (unless their league won the all-star game and they make it to the world series). in 2003, the marlns (nl wild card) had a better record than the cubs (nl central champs) yet the cubs had home field. so yes, we are right lol.

A wild card team can never have home field advantage unless it gets to the World Series and is in the league that won the All Star Game.

Lip

Good job.

downstairs
09-30-2008, 11:31 AM
So I guess I'm hoping for:

Win tonight, make the playoffs.

Beat Tampa.

Red Sox beat LAA

Beat Red Sox

Face MIL in the playoffs (the weakest team IMHO)

Celebrate!