PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions about driving to the game tonight from NW suburbs?

aryzner
09-30-2008, 10:47 AM
I'll be coming from the NW suburbs, where it says on my profile here on this post, this is more or less from Schaumburg if you want a more familiar city name.

I'll be at work all day and can't leave til around 4:45-5:00ish to get to the game. Usually when I go, I take off earlier from work and just hop on the blue line El and transfer to the red line, but not today.

For those of you that know about how traffic might be, would you take 90 there or go the little bit of a longer route of 290? (Or some other route I don't know of?) I want to get there as fast as possible after work today!

kevingrt
09-30-2008, 10:48 AM
I'll be coming from the NW suburbs, where it says on my profile here on this post, this is more or less from Schaumburg if you want a more familiar city name.

I'll be at work all day and can't leave til around 4:45-5:00ish to get to the game. Usually when I go, I take off earlier from work and just hop on the blue line El and transfer to the red line, but not today.

For those of you that know about how traffic might be, would you take 90 there or go the little bit of a longer route of 290? (Or some other route I don't know of?) I want to get there as fast as possible after work today!

290 to the Ryan is faster. If you want to pass some traffic get off at Mannheim going south and take a left at Roosevelt. Then take Roosevelt to Harlem and get back on 290 where the traffic lets up. Then go to the Cell and root on the White Sox.

chisoxfanatic
09-30-2008, 10:51 AM
Is there still a lot of construction by the Tri-State near O'Hare? I'm sorry, but I have taken the CTA to O'Hare the last few times, so I don't know. If it isn't too bad, you can always zip down that thing and get off at the Stevenson Expressway.

TomBradley72
09-30-2008, 12:57 PM
290 to the Ryan is faster. If you want to pass some traffic get off at Mannheim going south and take a left at Roosevelt. Then take Roosevelt to Harlem and get back on 290 where the traffic lets up. Then go to the Cell and root on the White Sox.

Good call...but I'd go to Austin Blvd...that's where the extra lane starts.

kevingrt
09-30-2008, 01:06 PM
Good call...but I'd go to Austin Blvd...that's where the extra lane starts.

It doesn't really matter past Harlem. But going Roosevelt does save a lot of time in my mind. Smartest thing I ever found out in my years driving to Sox games from 290.