PDA

View Full Version : My X-mas wish list

Moses_Scurry
09-30-2008, 08:57 AM
Top of the 9th tonight ...

Morneau's at the plate. He's 0 for 3 with 3 K's on the night. The Twins are down 14-0 in a humiliating display of ownsmanship put on by the Sox. The game has featured two grandslams (Konerko and Missile), a walked in run, a run scored on a Mauer passed ball, three Twin errors, and Gomez being HBP twice.

Morneau is facing Lance Broadway, who has been in since the top of the 6th (in order to save Danks for the playoffs). Morneau K's on three meatball pitches, and the field is rushed by pumped White Sox!!

In all the excitement, Morneau is swarmed and crowdsurfed to the middle of the pileup. He is driven to the bottom of the pileup and trampled beyond all recognition. In their haste to leave and their depression for losing, the remaining Twins forget all about Morneau.

Morneau regains consciousness long after the lights have been shut down and the celebration has hit the streets. He is bloody, beaten, and defeated, but he will live to play another day. In his anguish, he faces the sky, and bellows. The city of Chicago hears the wounded cry and shrugs it off as a tormented soul leaping into Lake Michigan.

That's what I want. However, I'll settle for a 4-2 win with Jenks getting the save.

Just Win!!!!

ChiSoxFan7
09-30-2008, 09:21 AM
somewhat overly morbid.:?:
somewhat creepy.:?:
but i can smell the dedication.

all that being said i love the ending of the game!:D:

:bandance:
let's go whitesox!
:bandance:

itsnotrequired
09-30-2008, 09:27 AM
i'm hoping for one of those wii things

twsoxfan5
09-30-2008, 10:18 AM
And once they finish trampling him OC can turn to him and say, "We never quit do we.":tongue:

jabrch
09-30-2008, 10:24 AM
i'm hoping for one of those wii things

All I want for Christmas are my two front teeth. (and a 2008 WS Replica Trophy to go with my 2005 trophy)

asindc
09-30-2008, 10:25 AM
A 12-game win streak would be wonderful. I will take a 3-game win streak for now, though.:smile:

hellview
09-30-2008, 10:26 AM
WOW?!?!

That was boarderline disturbing.

PaleHoser
09-30-2008, 10:57 AM
Top of the 9th tonight ...

In all the excitement, Morneau is swarmed and crowdsurfed to the middle of the pileup. He is driven to the bottom of the pileup and trampled beyond all recognition. In their haste to leave and their depression for losing, the remaining Twins forget all about Mourneau

Great picture, except you forgot the part where Sox fans plant him head-first at second base like a lawn-dart.

GO SOX!

chisoxfanatic
09-30-2008, 11:31 AM
I'd rather Carlos Gomez be under the pile; but, I'd go for that too. Just any scenario where we win.

downstairs
09-30-2008, 11:39 AM
Ummmmm.... Ok then.

Just win the game. A blowout is fine, but heck- a walkoff in the 9th wouldn't be that bad either.

A blowout would be less interesting, but would allow us to save pitchers, and maybe even some of our older players.

Iwritecode
09-30-2008, 12:10 PM
Ummmmm.... Ok then.

Just win the game. A blowout is fine, but heck- a walkoff in the 9th wouldn't be that bad either.

A blowout would be less interesting, but would allow us to save pitchers, and maybe even some of our older players.

Screw interesting, I just want them to win. If that means a double-digit blowout, it will help my nerves tremendously.

Moses_Scurry
09-30-2008, 12:12 PM
I want to be resting easy by the 3rd inning. Probably won't happen, but it would be nice for a change.

chisoxfanatic
09-30-2008, 12:31 PM
Screw interesting, I just want them to win. If that means a double-digit blowout, it will help my nerves tremendously.
Especially after the high blood pressures for the past month in every Sox fan's veins.

DSpivack
09-30-2008, 12:45 PM
Umm, White Sox fans rushing the field and attacking an opposing player? Yeah, no thanks.

That said, the White Sox will make the Rangers 30-3 shellacking of the Orioles last season seem like a close game.