PDA

View Full Version : “sox pride blackout” planned for tiebreaker game

BigP50
09-29-2008, 07:31 PM
everyone going to the Sox game is encouraged to wear black for tomorrow's game, they are also giving out Black Sox Shirts.

I also encourage everyone not going to the game to wear black too.

Wear black to work, school, vacation, court(?)

REPRESENT!!!!

Red Barchetta
09-29-2008, 07:32 PM
Good idea except the SOX better NOT wear their black alternate shirts. We lost way too many games during the stretch run with those. We're on at tw0-game back against the wall run so they better stick with the home pinstripes!

thomas35forever
09-29-2008, 07:33 PM
Got one ready to go for tomorrow!:cool:

BigP50
09-29-2008, 07:34 PM
I have my black shorts and my black Pauly t0shirt jersey ready for tomorrow

DaveFeelsRight
09-29-2008, 07:34 PM
such a good idea. i like it when teams in the NBA playoffs do this as well

HawkDJ
09-29-2008, 07:36 PM
Definitely a pretty tired idea in sports though I haven't really seen it in baseball. Should be cool.

Dub25
09-29-2008, 07:37 PM
You think they will let me in if I'm painted completely black? I'm grossing myself out. Sorry!

BoysMom3
I'm wearing black tomorrow AND Wednesday!! The instructor that teaches the Mon. and Wed. class at my gym is a big Cubs fan and has suggested that we all wear blue on Wed. Then she looked at me and asked if I'd be wearing black on Wed. - I said yes, and now I especially have to!!! Yipeeeee!!!

BigP50
The Cell will be rockin'

I want Mags back
09-29-2008, 07:38 PM
i will wear a Sox tie and black suit to services tomorrow, praying for our Sox

FedEx227
09-29-2008, 07:39 PM
Bring Socks as well. I think black shirts with people waving socks would look amazing!

Quentin08
09-29-2008, 07:40 PM
Everyone should wear black shirts and bring their white socks to wave.

Quentin08
09-29-2008, 07:40 PM
Bring Socks as well. I think black shirts with people waving socks would look amazing!

Haha Great minds think alike!

chaerulez
09-29-2008, 07:41 PM
everyone going to the Sox game is encouraged to wear black for tomorrow's game, they are also giving out Black Sox Shirts.

REPRESENT!!!!

By give out do you mean they will be free?

BigP50
I'll also wear my white sox along with my white shoes.

black shirt and black shorts.

Gotta represent

BigP50

yea, to EVERYONE

thomas35forever
09-29-2008, 07:42 PM
I'd love to see an atmosphere like in the final game in Major League. A sold-out crowd that is very enthusiastic.

DaveFeelsRight
i may bust out my rally towel from game one of the 2005 alds

doublem23

Hawk said during the 9th inning they'd have T-shirts at the park.

BTW, black shirts + white socks = :thumbsup:

DSpivack
09-29-2008, 07:43 PM

I'm going to be waving a towel in services tomorrow and when the shofar sounds, I'm gonna yell out "Go Sox!"

Or not.

FedEx227
09-29-2008, 07:44 PM

That's the key guys. The white socks as well. It will be an amazing atmosphere with that.

Jjav829
09-29-2008, 07:44 PM

The Sox email about the game says they'll be giving away 40,000 black Sox pride towels. Then again, they also said tickets would be available 'immediately' online, so take that for what it's worth.

guillensdisciple
09-29-2008, 07:45 PM
I wore black today, I wear black tomorrow. Sox ALL THE ****ING WAY!

Quentin08
09-29-2008, 07:48 PM
We have to make it soooooo loud tomorrow night that it creates a sound that will send a message to the Twins' subconscious minds to roll over and dye.. because the conscious mind will believe anything the subconscious mind tells it.

Go Sox!!!

DeadMoney
09-29-2008, 07:49 PM
It's definitely a cool idea because I haven't seen this done much in baseball.

FYI, the handouts will be black towels (from the Sox e-mail):
The White Sox are calling-on and urging all fans attending tomorrow’s game to wear all-black in support of the team. The team also will distribute 40,000 black “Sox Pride” towels as fans enter the ballpark.

turners56
09-29-2008, 07:51 PM
Black Out
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXepENiWcfs)
If Lupe tells you to, you must do it.

SoxComms
09-29-2008, 08:03 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Monday, September 29, 2008

“SOX PRIDE BLACKOUT” PLANNED FOR TIEBREAKER GAME
White Sox Call on Fans to Wear Black to U.S. Cellular Field in Support of Team

CHICAGO – The Chicago White Sox announced the tiebreaker game vs. Minnesota to determine the American League Central Division on Tuesday night will feature a “Sox Pride Blackout.”

The White Sox are calling-on and urging all fans attending tomorrow’s game to wear all-black in support of the team. The team also will distribute 40,000 black “Sox Pride” towels as fans enter the ballpark.

“This is a crucial game. We as an organization, along with all White Sox fans in the ballpark tomorrow night, will make U.S. Cellular Field the most electric atmosphere in baseball,” said Brooks Boyer, White Sox chief marketing officer. “Our fans will bring unrivaled energy and passion, as they always do. We are calling on everyone to wear black to show their Sox Pride.”

The game will start at 6:35 p.m., with gates to the ballpark opening at 5:15 p.m.

© 2008 Chicago White Sox

Daver
09-29-2008, 08:17 PM
© 2008 Chicago White Sox

Care to explain why you are using our site to violate copyright laws?

WS in 05
09-29-2008, 08:17 PM
You just dont get it do you? Every one of your posts is copyrighted

daveeym
09-29-2008, 08:35 PM
My guess is some sox employee that posts and runs? He's not going to stick around to follow up on any other posts or questions.

BigP50
09-29-2008, 08:35 PM
It's definitely a cool idea because I haven't seen this done much in baseball.

FYI, the handouts will be black towels (from the Sox e-mail):

really cause during the Sox game they showed Hawk with the Shirt.

forte
09-29-2008, 08:38 PM
Hopefully tomorrows blackout works better than Georgia's did on Saturday

itsnotrequired
09-29-2008, 08:38 PM

REPRESENT!!!!

I saw they are handing out towels but nothing about shirts.

Should I even wear a shirt tomorrow?

© 2008 itsnotrequired

DeadMoney
09-29-2008, 08:39 PM
Should I even wear a shirt tomorrow?

It might be a good idea. It sounds like it might be a chilly night. :redneck

LoveYourSuit
09-29-2008, 08:40 PM
Everyone please wear a Black Tuxedo tomorrow.

or a Black Suit.

itsnotrequired
09-29-2008, 08:41 PM
Everyone please wear a Black Tuxedo tomorrow.

or a Black Suit.

Tuxedo t-shirt?

:scratch:

munchman33
09-29-2008, 08:42 PM
he lists occupation as white sox pr

FedEx227
09-29-2008, 08:43 PM
Tuxedo t-shirt?

:scratch:

I like it. Those bad-boys are classy to the miz-ax.

Jjav829
09-29-2008, 08:44 PM
really cause during the Sox game they showed Hawk with the Shirt.

After watching it again, Hawk's exact words were:

"And tommorrow night, for that game with the Twins, everybody's gonna wear black. Gonna have a blackout. Everybody wears black tomorrow. (inaudible) gonna have t-shirts here."

That sounds more like "They're going to have t-shirts here for you to buy," rather than "They're going to give t-shirts away for free."

But we'll see. Hopefully it's the latter. The free t-shirt would be nice.

DeadMoney
09-29-2008, 08:45 PM
Should we wear dark black or light black? I'm sooo confused!

getonbckthr
09-29-2008, 08:45 PM
I'm curious if he has permission from the Sox is it still considered a copyright violation? Maybe he really works for the SOx and this is there way of spreading the word to as many Sox fans as possible. Or I could be completely off base.:smile:

Dub25
09-29-2008, 08:47 PM
I'd love to see an atmosphere like in the final game in Major League. A sold-out crowd that is very enthusiastic.

What pitcher walks out to wild thing?

Dub25
09-29-2008, 08:47 PM

I may bust out my rally Sox from some game I received them.

spongyfungy
09-29-2008, 08:48 PM
a spammer is a spammer. even if he works for the white sox so unless there's exclusive news / info, don't want it here.

FedEx227
09-29-2008, 08:49 PM
I'm curious if he has permission from the Sox is it still considered a copyright violation? Maybe he really works for the SOx and this is there way of spreading the word to as many Sox fans as possible. Or I could be completely off base.:smile:

Add in the fact it's a public relations press release and it's meant to be distributed.

nasox
09-29-2008, 08:50 PM
It's a press release so, as per my understanding of such matters, it is free to be reproduced. The reason the White Sox released it is to spread word about the blackout. So I don't see why, in this particular case, this is not ok. But my opinion doesn't matter.

I don't have a black colored sox shirt or jersey. For some reason all of mine are white or grey or anything but black.

getonbckthr
09-29-2008, 08:51 PM
It's a press release so, as per my understanding of such matters, it is free to be reproduced. The reason the White Sox released it is to spread word about the blackout. So I don't see why, in this particular case, this is not ok. But my opinion doesn't matter.

I don't have a black colored sox shirt or jersey. For some reason all of mine are white or grey or anything but black.
Walmart, KMart and Target is open until 10. If you have a Meijers near ya they are 24/7.

FedEx227
09-29-2008, 08:52 PM

That's the way I've always understood the law.

It's created for the sole purpose of being distributed in it's whole form.

Daver
09-29-2008, 09:04 PM

Maybe he does, but then again maybe he doesn't.

Add in the fact it's a public relations press release and it's meant to be distributed.

Perhaps, but then it would need no copyright would it?

hawkjt
09-29-2008, 09:09 PM
Anyone lucky enough to get tickets should be able to find a black garment of some sort in their closet...or a black coat.

And if it goes welll...save those towels...I suspect they could be back for the Rays on Sunday if the sox are in it.

HartmanSox
09-29-2008, 09:12 PM

The content is still their property, they are simply giving permission for distribution. So yes, the copyright line would still be OK.

But continue to berate him without knowing the facts if it makes you feel better.

FedEx227
09-29-2008, 09:12 PM

You'd be surprised how many people put (c) on stuff that is not copyrighted in the slighest. It's sort of become a habit of a lot of people. I see internet sites all the time throw the (c) on stuff that is clearly not copyrighted to them.

In this case, it is still copyrighted, obviously, but it's intent is to be distributed. I highly doubt the White Sox will be pissed that information pertaining to a special promotion for tomorrow's game is being posted on a message board filled with White Sox fans.

PeoriaSoxFan
09-29-2008, 09:15 PM

Come on dude, get real.

PeoriaSoxFan
09-29-2008, 09:16 PM
You'd be surprised how many people put (c) on stuff that is not copyrighted in the slighest. It's sort of become a habit of a lot of people. I see internet sites all the time throw the (c) on stuff that is clearly not copyrighted to them.

In this case, it is still copyrighted, obviously, but it's intent is to be distributed. I highly doubt the White Sox will be pissed that information pertaining to a special promotion for tomorrow's game is being posted on a message board filled with White Sox fans.
Agreed!

soltrain21
09-29-2008, 09:17 PM

I'm wearing a plain black shirt, and I think they are giving those Sox Pride ones out tomorrow?

itsnotrequired
09-29-2008, 09:17 PM

I have quoted your post but don't try and quote mine!

© 2008 itsnotrequired

:superman:

Bill Naharodny
09-29-2008, 09:22 PM

Actually, the fact that it's a press release means that its posting here is, in all likelihood, a fair use.

BigP50
09-29-2008, 09:22 PM
I might wear my rally Sock to school

Bill Naharodny
09-29-2008, 09:24 PM

Also, the copyright notice doesn't make it copyright-protected. It achieved that protection the minute it was written, just like every post on this board.

pczarapa
09-29-2008, 09:26 PM
That's the way I've always understood the law.

It's created for the sole purpose of being distributed in it's whole form.

That's correct, the copyright is in place to ensure that it's credited back to the owning source and that it's posted in it's entirety rather than a fragement as to not misconvey the message. That being said, I don't disagree with Daver in not wanting them here, would be better to post a URL to the originating site.

Daver
09-29-2008, 09:28 PM

Then post a link.

Malgar 12
09-29-2008, 09:38 PM
I have quoted your post but don't try and quote mine!

© 2008 itsnotrequired

:superman:

"Good one Centurion... like it...like it..."

thomas35forever
09-29-2008, 09:47 PM
What pitcher walks out to wild thing?
Bobby of course.

thatguy
09-29-2008, 09:52 PM
hopefully works out better for us than georgia

Daver
Come on dude, get real.

Here's a newsflash for you, fansites have been shut down by MLB for copyright violations, which is why we have a strict rule to post links only. If the poster has legitimate rights to posting that, he needs to let me know that, as I have no intention of allowing this site to suffer the fate that Astros Connection did.

getonbckthr
If someone asks if you're going to a funeral? Respond like the Great Johnny Cash would have, "Well Maybe I am!"

ChiSoxFan81
09-29-2008, 09:58 PM
I may bust out my rally Sox from some game I received them.

Too bad I don't still have my thunder stix from 2005 game 2 alds.:redneck

This is gonna rock.

scarsofthumper
09-29-2008, 09:59 PM
Actually, the fact that it's a press release means that its posting here is, in all likelihood, a fair use.
exactly.

© 2008 scarsofthumper

ThatGuyOnTheL
09-29-2008, 10:11 PM
I normally don't wear sports apparel to class, but I think it's time for the Pierzynski jersey. Especially since I know I'm going to run into a Twinkie fan tomorrow...

Lukin13
09-29-2008, 10:13 PM
Aren't all of the logos and pictures posted daily on this site copyrighted?

I honestly have no idea, I am really asking.

The Dude
09-29-2008, 10:17 PM

:?:
Well I think it is about time you get some black Sox gear tomorrow! :D:

SouthSide2Ship
09-29-2008, 10:20 PM
Here's a newsflash for you, fansites have been shut down by MLB for copyright violations, which is why we have a strict rule to post links only. If the poster has legitimate rights to posting that, he needs to let me know that, as I have no intention of allowing this site to suffer the fate that Astros Connection did.

get a life nerd

kittle42
09-29-2008, 10:23 PM
get a life nerd

Well, this isn't going to end well.

kittle42
09-29-2008, 10:25 PM
Good idea except the SOX better NOT wear their black alternate shirts. We lost way too many games during the stretch run with those. We're on at tw0-game back against the wall run so they better stick with the home pinstripes!

This will undoubtedly be the deciding factor in the game.

Superstitions are silly.

HawkTheGM
09-29-2008, 10:29 PM
While I don't have much of an option on what I'm wearing to work tomorrow (I'm in the Coast Guard), I am thinking about cutting up an old Sox shirt and wearing a piece of the clothe on my wrist.

Bonus: It'll double Quentin's 'wrist strong' bracelet.

whitesox901
09-29-2008, 10:37 PM
Black sox hat over black hair, replica black alt jersey over black sox shirt, black shorts, black socks, black shoes, black belt

chisoxfanatic
09-29-2008, 10:40 PM
I'll be wearing my Sox pride t-shirt underneath my authentic white Paul Konerko jersey to the game.

My god, I'm so excited about this that I'm playing Thunderstruck right now and am clapping my hands like I would before a game! I can't wait for the montage!!! Hopefully Nancy will be there!

anewman35
09-29-2008, 10:42 PM
I'll be wearing my Sox pride t-shirt underneath my authentic white Paul Konerko jersey to the game.

Is a white Paul Konerko jersey black? No, no it isn't. It's a blackout! Wear a black t-shirt!

Brian26
09-29-2008, 10:43 PM
I can't wait for the montage!!!

The montage rules.

chisoxfanatic
09-29-2008, 10:46 PM
Is a white Paul Konerko jersey black? No, no it isn't. It's a blackout! Wear a black t-shirt!
My Sox Pride t-shirt IS black. I just have a superstition for wearing that Konerko jersey in big-game situations. I wore it 10 times during the 2005 playoffs, and the Sox won every time. I've worn it in other big-game situations too, and they've fared well. The Konerko jersey is VITAL here! I cannot mess with my dress code in this vital situation.

Rikirk
09-29-2008, 10:48 PM
Most of my wardrobe is Black white sox t shirts...

so...

natch!.

NSFWSoxFan
09-29-2008, 10:57 PM
My god, it's a PRESS RELEASE. Put out by corporate PUBLIC RELATIONS. The fact that anyone needs to explain that press releases are meant by the PR flacks who wrote them to be as widely disseminated as possible boggles the mind. The fact that they get quoted in full in an arena viewed as a key market is an extra bonus for the PR people.

And for those “fans” in the thread who claim not to appreciate hearing about White Sox promotions – Hello? What are you doing here?

Give it up, guys. As far as site rules go, we all know if Daver says left is right, or up is down, or Coop doesn't count pitches, the correct response is to say, “yessuh, boss” and move on.

scarsofthumper
09-29-2008, 11:14 PM
I like thinking outside of the box

kevingrt
09-29-2008, 11:23 PM
Well lets just wear black tomorrow and win a damn baseball game.

To the roadhouse we go!

Frankfan4life
09-29-2008, 11:26 PM
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:o-cfFA8uviAM_M:http://www.team-fey.de/Johnny/images/johnny%2520cash%2520108.jpg

Wear black to the game tomorrow!

CMPDragRacing
09-29-2008, 11:30 PM
My Sox Pride t-shirt IS black. I just have a superstition for wearing that Konerko jersey in big-game situations. I wore it 10 times during the 2005 playoffs, and the Sox won every time. I've worn it in other big-game situations too, and they've fared well. The Konerko jersey is VITAL here! I cannot mess with my dress code in this vital situation.

wear the tshirt over the jersey then. NO WHITE JUST BLACK!!!!

FielderJones
09-29-2008, 11:34 PM
Linky (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20080929&content_id=3573723&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws)

RockJock07
09-29-2008, 11:38 PM
This is gonna be so badass, I hope the Sox come out and take it to the Twins.

Sell out crowd wearing all black, cool evening, playoffs on the line. Biggest game at the Cell since 05 WS game 2. To bad Hawk and DJ aren't doing the game, I thought he was done for when Alexei hit that slam.

Any word on who's doing the game for TBS tomorrow?

Lefty34
09-29-2008, 11:41 PM
As I see it (well, me and the 643 Sports Legal Analyst), when the White Sox organization put the (c) on that release, it solidified their ownership of the release but also the Bundle of Rights that come with said release. With the Rights secured, they can then distribute the Rights as they see fit. The fact that it was a PR release can signify the transferring of the right to distribute to any and all who come across it (while still retaining the right to edit and so forth).

(c) Lefty34, 2008

Gavin
09-29-2008, 11:44 PM
Link (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2065081&postcount=36) to explanation of the legality behind press releases.

Frankfan4life
09-29-2008, 11:47 PM
I'd love to see an atmosphere like in the final game in Major League. A sold-out crowd that is very enthusiastic.I don't know if you could hear it on television but the fans were really into the game tonight. I expect tomorrow to be even louder and more fierce.

If you are coming to game tomorrow, plan on rocking the house!!!

guillensdisciple
09-29-2008, 11:48 PM
I don't know if you could hear it on television but the fans were really into the game tonight. I expect tomorrow to be even louder and more fierce.

If you are coming to game tomorrow, plan on rocking the house!!!

Tried to make it to the game after school tomorrow with 25 dollars to waste. didn't work out so well with all the upper- deck tickets sold out within minutes of being put on the auction block.

soxfanreggie
09-30-2008, 01:17 AM
I'm not sure if I'd ever say $25 to spend on upper deck game 163 tickets would be a waste...more like an investment in a great memory! :D:

Foulke You
09-30-2008, 01:29 AM
Most of my Sox gear is black anyway but tomorrow (today) I'm busting out black jeans, black shoes, black everything. I can't wait. Too bad they aren't giving out t-shirts for the poor Sox fans who only have white shirts. I'd like to see at least 90% of the park in black.