PDA

View Full Version : Worst Sox Manager (since 1957)


Viva Magglio
05-16-2002, 09:33 PM
Who was the worst White Sox manager (since 1957)?

kevingrt
05-16-2002, 09:37 PM
I know where you got this from, The Mike North Show. That's okay it's still a great topic

OfficerKarkovice
05-16-2002, 09:58 PM
Boom-Boom Bevington not fairing so well as of now

danman31
05-16-2002, 10:02 PM
LOL, now this is funny! Eat that Bevington. This isn't going to be very accurate because a lot of us here weren't even born before 1957.

Cheryl
05-16-2002, 10:08 PM
Everyone here is old enough to know it's Bevington.

Opinions on who is the 2nd worst may vary.

Procol Harum
05-16-2002, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by danman31
LOL, now this is funny! Eat that Bevington. This isn't going to be very accurate because a lot of us here weren't even born before 1957.

Believe me, Danman, nobody--and I mean NOBODY--came close to being the vacuum head in the Sox dugout that was Terry Bevington--If we had a WSI member who was 120, Bevington would still get their nod!

voodoochile
05-16-2002, 10:39 PM
This is a poll? I be the person who didn't vote for Bevington just clicked on the wrong box...

This train has left the station and is gathering speed...

Too funny...

FarWestChicago
05-16-2002, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
This is a poll? I be the person who didn't vote for Bevington just clicked on the wrong box...Fixed. :smile:

Huisj
05-16-2002, 10:47 PM
I'm such a moron. I clicked the wrong box. That torborg vote up there is supposed to be a Bevington vote. I'm dumb, I don't know what I was doing, I just clicked the wrong box or something. I guess it's just proof that my brain has truly gone on vacation for a while now after going through a rough week of exams (calc II, materials science (an engineering class), and physics all within one 24 hour period . . . ouch, my brain hurt after that). And then after I got done with that I went through the frenzy of packing and cleaning and whatnot. I can't even think about thinking straight right now. sorry for that stupidity of voting for torborg

baggio202
05-16-2002, 10:55 PM
i voted for gutteridge...no one even terry bevington is aloowed to go into the hall of shame on 100% of the ballots :D:

FarWestChicago
05-16-2002, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Huisj
I'm such a moron. I clicked the wrong box. That torborg vote up there is supposed to be a Bevington vote.Fixed. :smile:

voodoochile
05-16-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Fixed. :smile:

Double whoops... I miss spelled bet in that last post. It was supposed to read,

"I BET the person who didn't vote for Bevington just clicked on the wrong box..."

I actually did vote for Bevington AND managed to vote correctly for him, so you should probably change one vote back to Lamont unless someone else comes forward and claims a mistake...

Ah, leave it for Bevington, he deserves it...

:D:

NUKE_CLEVELAND
05-16-2002, 11:36 PM
Terry Bevington! OMG I almost forgot about that guy. LOL! I remember a few times when he'd dash out of the dugout to argue some trivial call & he'd look so damn stupid standing there popping off to the ump. All the while the ump's looking at him thinking "whatever jackass, just go sit down".

NUKE_CLEVELAND
05-16-2002, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Huisj
I'm such a moron. I clicked the wrong box. That torborg vote up there is supposed to be a Bevington vote. I'm dumb, I don't know what I was doing, I just clicked the wrong box or something. I guess it's just proof that my brain has truly gone on vacation for a while now after going through a rough week of exams (calc II, materials science (an engineering class), and physics all within one 24 hour period . . . ouch, my brain hurt after that). And then after I got done with that I went through the frenzy of packing and cleaning and whatnot. I can't even think about thinking straight right now. sorry for that stupidity of voting for torborg

You don't live in Florida do you? Any hanging chads? LOL!

RedPinStripes
05-17-2002, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by kevingrt
I know where you got this from, The Mike North Show. That's okay it's still a great topic

Was this another Sox bashing session? Why wouldn't he have this topic on the flubs since their manager might be out of a job real soon?

:ass
I will bring the Sox down!

:moron
I've tried. The Sox army is too strong!

FarWestChicago
05-17-2002, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I actually did vote for Bevington AND managed to vote correctly for him, so you should probably change one vote back to Lamont unless someone else comes forward and claims a mistake...Done. :smile:

VeeckAsInWreck
05-17-2002, 12:24 AM
When I first saw this poll was up I immediately thought of Bevington. That guy was just beyond STUPID! I remember the game when they retired Pudge's # in 1997 and he called to the bullpen without warming anybody up. The only thing that dumbass could do was write out the lineup card very neatly! That was the only case where being good at Caligraphy got someone a managing job in baseball! :D: For all you guys upset at JM just remember Bevington and be happy his reign of terror is long gone! :smile:

Procol Harum
05-17-2002, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
The only thing that dumbass could do was write out the lineup card very neatly! That was the only case where being good at Caligraphy got someone a managing job in baseball!

You must be going for satire Veeck--do you have evidence of Bevington's calligraphic skeelsz? I wouldn't have believed it possible that the guy knew how to read and write... :)

moochpuppy
05-17-2002, 09:49 AM
Where's the selection for Berry Tevington?

voodoochile
05-17-2002, 11:43 AM
OUCH...

I know the percentage is droping, but it just looks worse with all those 1's up there...

34-1-1-1-1...

Not a lot of equivocating is there...

raul12
05-17-2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
OUCH...

I know the percentage is droping, but it just looks worse with all those 1's up there...

34-1-1-1-1...

Not a lot of equivocating is there...

i gave gene a second vote so it ain't so lop-sided. granted, bevington was probably worse, but at least you could laugh at him. gene was such a pacifist, he's probably distantly related to JM.

VeeckAsInWreck
05-17-2002, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Procol Harum


You must be going for satire Veeck--do you have evidence of Bevington's calligraphic skeelsz? I wouldn't have believed it possible that the guy knew how to read and write... :)

I used to watch games on TV and whenever the Sox were making a change, and this was when Torborg and Lamont were managing, it would be Bevington writing in the changes on the lineup card in the dugout. He had nice legible handwriting. If that is the best thing you can say about a manager well then that is not saying much! :smile:

PaleHoseGeorge
05-17-2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
I used to watch games on TV and whenever the Sox were making a change, and this was when Torborg and Lamont were managing, it would be Bevington writing in the changes on the lineup card in the dugout. He had nice legible handwriting. If that is the best thing you can say about a manager well then that is not saying much! :smile:

I can second Veeck's assertion about Bevington's writing skills. NOBODY filled out a neater line up card than Boomer.

It was really funny watching Sox games on TV back then. The camera would show Bevington sitting on the bench, and then somebody would enter the game as a pinch hitter, and Boomer would get up, walk to the line up card posted on the wall, and very neatly write in the name of the substitute beneath the name of the guy he replaced.

All the letters, perfect caps. Each letter, precisely the same size as all the other ones. He even used smaller print size for the substitutes. He was like a human word processor, changing font sizes, LOL!!!

His writing was so perfect, you could read all the names on the line up card--even though the TV camera was all the way on the far end of the dugout.

Damned, that guy was wierd.

:gulp:

guillen4life13
05-17-2002, 05:33 PM
i voted for tony larussa. just for the hell of it. anyways i'm not really old enough to know or remember many of these managers. might as well say the one who's proven to be a really good manager.

VeeckAsInWreck
05-17-2002, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge


I can second Veeck's assertion about Bevington's writing skills. NOBODY filled out a neater line up card than Boomer.



Thanks for backing me on that PHG! I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers Bevington writing out wedding invitations in the dugout! :smile: