PDA

View Full Version : Floyd-Danks...Isn't it ironic? Don't you think?

PolishPower83
09-29-2008, 04:25 PM
Much has been said about how HUGE Floyd and Danks have been for the Sox this season, especially considering what was expected from them at the beginning of the season. These guys aren't kids anymore and they've proved themselves time and time again.

That's why I think it's so fitting that they get the ball in the two most important games of the season (Floyd tonight and Danks tomorrow...because we are beating the Tigers tonight). Those two guys carried us early in the season and it's awesome that they get a chance to push us into the playoffs. Go get 'em boys!

DSpivack
09-29-2008, 04:27 PM
How is that ironic?

turners56
09-29-2008, 04:27 PM
Isn't it ironic that we traded Garcia for Floyd and now they're facing each other in the biggest game this franchise will play since game 4 of the 05 World Series? A game where Freddy Garcia pitched 7 scoreless and helped us win our first WS in 88 years.

turners56
09-29-2008, 04:28 PM
I still don't trust Danks tomorrow if we get there. He's tiring like crazy and he's never had success against the Twins except one start. Morneau and Mauer have field days off of him all the time.

thomas35forever
09-29-2008, 04:30 PM
I still don't trust Danks tomorrow if we get there. He's tiring like crazy and he's never had success against the Twins except one start. Morneau and Mauer have field days off of him all the time.
We don't have much of a choice. Unless you want to start Richard, nobody else will have thrown on more than two days' rest.

turners56
09-29-2008, 04:32 PM
We don't have much of a choice. Unless you want to start Richard, nobody else besides will have thrown on more than two days' rest.

Ozzie will obviously have a very quick leash tomorrow if Danks struggles. I think Richard will be the first one to back him up if Danks doesn't live up it.

chisox06
09-29-2008, 04:32 PM
Hard to believe that at least for me Floyd and Danks went from our biggest liability to our biggest asset. Guess thats why you play the games.

palehozenychicty
09-29-2008, 04:37 PM
Hard to believe that at least for me Floyd and Danks went from our biggest liability to our biggest asset. Guess thats why you play the games.

It's also why you can't say that a guy is a poor player because he's unproven. People give up on young players too often around here.

If he's brought along properly, you gotta have faith that he figures it out. They both got a chance to do that these past two seasons and so far, they've stepped up their games. Let's hope that they can see it through to October.

PolishPower83
09-29-2008, 04:38 PM
How is that ironic?

Yeah maybe ironic is the wrong word. It's just amazing how far those guys have come. And with all of the rainouts, injuries and other twists and turns of this season, it's just neat to see two of our biggest question marks coming into the season turn into our studs. Both get the chance to prove their worth and I have no doubt they will.

ChiSoxFan81
09-29-2008, 04:42 PM
Yeah, it's like rain on your wedding day.

Or when you're trying to play a crucial makeup game.

Rohan
Isn't it ironic that we traded Garcia for Floyd and now they're facing each other in the biggest game this franchise will play since game 4 of the 05 World Series? A game where Freddy Garcia pitched 7 scoreless and helped us win our first WS in 88 years.

Now that's irony :tongue:

DSpivack
Yeah maybe ironic is the wrong word. It's just amazing how far those guys have come. And with all of the rainouts, injuries and other twists and turns of this season, it's just neat to see two of our biggest question marks coming into the season turn into our studs. Both get the chance to prove their worth and I have no doubt they will.

Yeah, KW has done a great job at finding two young, good starting pitchers. Here's hoping they continue to perform well today and tomorrow and in the future.

jabrch
09-29-2008, 04:45 PM
It's also why you can't say that a guy is a poor player because he's unproven. People give up on young players too often around here.

And others want to build their bust and send it to Cooperstown way too early also. That goes both ways.

Zisk77
09-29-2008, 04:57 PM
How is that ironic?

Well, nothing in the Alanis Morissette song is ironic either so I guess this makes some sort of sense in the same way. And I really do think...