PDA

View Full Version : The Twins are ready to celebrate.

Rocky Soprano
09-29-2008, 12:13 PM
Just heard on 670 that all of the Twins are currently at their dump of a stadium getting ready to watch the Sox - Tigers game.

The champagne is out and they are ready to celebrate.
Let's make them get on a plane!

Go Sox!

PorkChopExpress
09-29-2008, 12:16 PM
Good. I'm glad they are. When the Sox win today, that will be a demoralizing and humiliating evening of packing up the champagne and heading to the airport. That will carry over to tomorrow and the Sox will beat them.

downstairs
09-29-2008, 12:19 PM
Dear Twins,

Got an emergency call and had to go to the office for a game today against our friends the Tigers. Won't have time to hit the store. Would you mind bringing the bubbly for our celebration tomorrow in Chicago?

I know you have a ton left over from 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2006.

See ya then,

The White Sox

voodoochile
09-29-2008, 12:22 PM
Good. I'm glad they are. When the Sox win today, that will be a demoralizing and humiliating evening of packing up the champagne and heading to the airport. That will carry over to tomorrow and the Sox will beat them.

Late start might mean they get less rest too. I mean if the Sox game doesn't end until 8 PM local time, the Twinkies won't land until 11PM or so unless they decide to say **** it and fly in early just to be safe.

Tragg
09-29-2008, 12:23 PM
We have to win this game.
There's nothing honorable in committing hari kari by losing to the Tigers.

downstairs
09-29-2008, 12:25 PM
Late start might mean they get less rest too. I mean if the Sox game doesn't end until 8 PM local time, the Twinkies won't land until 11PM or so unless they decide to say **** it and fly in early just to be safe.

Excellent point. And since they're probably already at the Baggy Dome, that could be 7-10 hours of sitting around doing nothing.

I want to win this thing 35-0 and have no worries... but if it has to be close, lets take this thing into deep extra innings and win it!

hi im skot
09-29-2008, 12:26 PM
Excellent point. And since they're probably already at the Baggy Dome, that could be 7-10 hours of sitting around doing nothing.

I want to win this thing 35-0 and have no worries... but if it has to be close, lets take this thing into deep extra innings and win it!

And kill our staff? No thanks.

SOXBOY
09-29-2008, 12:29 PM
I hope two things:
1. The Sox beat the tigers today.
2. The twins watch the Sox celebrate the division chaminship Tuesday.

Last thursday the twins acted if they won the world series.

chisoxfanatic
09-29-2008, 12:31 PM
THAT is the reason I was hoping this one would go all the way to the tie-breaker. I want our guys to get another shot at them and put them away instead of having to be 2nd to them over the entire offseason.

DaveFeelsRight
09-29-2008, 12:31 PM
Last thursday the twins acted if they won the world series.thats what pissed me off the most

comet2k
09-29-2008, 12:33 PM
Um, I think they're getting together as a team so they're in one place and ready to go if the have to fly to Chicago later today. Even if they weren't facing a trip to Chicago, don't you think they'd want to be together in case the Sox lose? How else you going to celebrate as a team, by cell phone?

And I think the champagne has been chilled for a couple of days in case they had clinched earlier.

Rocky Soprano
09-29-2008, 12:35 PM
Um, I think they're getting together as a team so they're in one place and ready to go if the have to fly to Chicago later today. Even if they weren't facing a trip to Chicago, don't you think they'd want to be together in case the Sox lose? How else you going to celebrate as a team, by cell phone?

And I think the champagne has been chilled for a couple of days in case they had clinched earlier.

There is always one party pooper in the group.
We know why they are all together, all we are saying is: MAKE THEM COME TO CHICAGO!

Boondock Saint
09-29-2008, 12:38 PM
Dear Twinkies,

Arrogance is a bitch, and **** comes back around.

Signed,

Boondock Saint

hi im skot
09-29-2008, 12:41 PM
I'd love to see Carlos Gomez cry.

TEARS.

OF SADNESS.

JermaineDye05
09-29-2008, 12:42 PM
Dear Twinkies,

Arrogance is a bitch, and **** comes back around.

Signed,

Boondock Saint

I really hope that if the Sox win today and tomorrow that the last out of Tuesday's game is an easy grounder to Alexei which he waits on and promptly flips it to Swish with his glove while showing a finger to the Twinkie dugout. Or I wouldn't mind a routine flyball to BA which he decides to wait on and dive at the last second.

Rocky Soprano
09-29-2008, 12:46 PM
Or I wouldn't mind a routine flyball to BA which he decides to wait on and dive at the last second.

I can't believe how many routine plays Gomez dives for just to look pretty.
He is a good player but I hate that little bitch.

Boondock Saint
09-29-2008, 12:46 PM
I really hope that if the Sox win today and tomorrow that the last out of Tuesday's game is an easy grounder to Alexei which he waits on and promptly flips it to Swish with his glove while showing a finger to the Twinkie dugout. Or I wouldn't mind a routine flyball to BA which he decides to wait on and dive at the last second.

Somehow, I think you missed the general "bullet point" of my post. :redneck

soxinem1
09-29-2008, 12:56 PM

Who are you rooting for? How does that benefit the White Sox?

If anything, root for a 5-0 lead after the top of the fifth ends, then rainfall for the next eight hours letting the bullpen off the hook!!

ChiSoxFan81
09-29-2008, 01:16 PM
As much as I want the Sox to get in the playoffs, as much as that would put a validation of my investment in the team this year, at this point I really want to get in just so the Twins don't. Nothing would be sweeter than celebrating at home right in from of those annoyances.

soltrain21
09-29-2008, 01:18 PM
Let's have a nice 7-2 win today. Thanks.

GoGoCrede
09-29-2008, 01:20 PM

Let's make it 14-2 just to be sure. Our bullpen and all.

daveeym
09-29-2008, 01:24 PM

TEARS.

OF SADNESS.

http://members.arstechnica.com/x/ratstomper/cartman_tears.gif
"the tears of unfathomable sadness"

Jaysox
09-29-2008, 01:38 PM

TEARS.

OF SADNESS.

I JUST DIED :D:. And I agree 100%.

Gammons Peter
09-29-2008, 02:47 PM
what time is their flight???

Foulke You
09-29-2008, 02:47 PM
This is exactly why they wet the bed against KC the next two games. I don't believe they came out with nearly the same intensity because they thought they had this thing wrapped up. The Sox lost their next two games because their bullpen is terrible, the Twins lost their next two because they thought it was over. I would LOVE to make them get on that plane and come into a lion's den of rabid Sox fans for a 1 game playoff. If they beat us in that environment then fine, I'll concede the division to them. It would be so anticlimactic to get this far and just lose the makeup game to the Tigers.

oeo
09-29-2008, 02:50 PM
As much as I want the Sox to get in the playoffs, as much as that would put a validation of my investment in the team this year, at this point I really want to get in just so the Twins don't. Nothing would be sweeter than celebrating at home right in from of those annoyances.

Nothing would hurt more than to watch them celebrate on our turf. Let's make sure that doesn't happen.

Score early, score often. An early lead could put the Tigers away. OTOH, letting them hang around could end up being a killer.

DSpivack
09-29-2008, 02:59 PM
what time is their flight???

Flight? Mauer and Kubel are organizing a car pool.

LoveYourSuit
09-29-2008, 03:08 PM

How did the no-rest work for the Angels in game 1 of the 2005 ALCS?

The Twins only need to win 1 game, not a series vs us.

I wouldn't put to much stock of the rest factor for a 1 game play off.

chisoxfanatic
09-29-2008, 03:13 PM
You know, I was just thinking of this like just a minute ago...If this goes to the 163rd game tomorrow, it COULD have an ending like the movie Little Big League. Griffey can make a home run-saving catch to finish off the Twins in their last at bat, and then all of our guys can run towards him to celebrate.

The Immigrant
09-29-2008, 03:14 PM

Thanks for making me spit out my drink.

getonbckthr
09-29-2008, 03:15 PM
Thats a horrible decision by the Twins franchise. I would have been on the 1st flight yesterday heading to Chicago. Get a good nights sleep. Rent out a convention hall at a hotel watch the game as a team, then get another good nights sleep in preparation to get their asses handed to them on Tuesday. If by some tragedy Detroit pulls off the upset today they could take an immediate flight to Tampa tonight.

turners56
09-29-2008, 03:19 PM
We can't let them get away with this ****. Play your asses off today guys.

cws05champ
09-29-2008, 03:30 PM
A car pool that gets into an accident. No serious injuries...just enough to take them, Gomez and Span out of the game. :smile:

whitesox901
09-29-2008, 03:54 PM
Damn arogant Twinkies

WhiteSox5187
09-29-2008, 03:54 PM
A car pool that gets into an accident. No serious injuries...just enough to take them, Gomez and Span out of the game. :smile:
I want Gomez to play, I want him to go 0-4 and I want him to make the last out so he can see us ****ing celebrate...although I'd love to see him dive for a ball in the ninth that the wind takes just. out. of. reach. and he can then watch as the winning run comes waltzing home.

GoGoCrede
09-29-2008, 03:56 PM
I want Gomez to play, I want him to go 0-4 and I want him to make the last out so he can see us ****ing celebrate...although I'd love to see him dive for a ball in the ninth that the wind takes just. out. of. reach. and he can then watch as the winning run comes waltzing home.

But you haven't put any thought into it. :lol: I love it.

Lorenzo Barcelo
09-29-2008, 04:58 PM
I thought I heard Farmer say on the pregame show that the Twins are already here in Chicago?

RockJock07
09-29-2008, 05:58 PM
Thats a horrible decision by the Twins franchise. I would have been on the 1st flight yesterday heading to Chicago. Get a good nights sleep. Rent out a convention hall at a hotel watch the game as a team, then get another good nights sleep in preparation to get their asses handed to them on Tuesday. If by some tragedy Detroit pulls off the upset today they could take an immediate flight to Tampa tonight.

I would hope that if the Sox were in the Twins position that the Sox would do that.

Sockinchisox
09-29-2008, 06:13 PM
The Twins must have a lot of faith in the Tigers, ESPN say they're leaving for the airport at 8.

whitesoxwilkes
09-29-2008, 06:29 PM
Flight attendants, prepare for departure.

Come on down bitches, let's settle this.

RockJock07
09-29-2008, 06:31 PM

Well Said!

johnny bench
09-29-2008, 06:40 PM
NWA9987 is currently scheduled to depart at 8:26 PM

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/NWA9987

guillensdisciple
09-29-2008, 06:49 PM
I really hope that if the Sox win today and tomorrow that the last out of Tuesday's game is an easy grounder to Alexei which he waits on and promptly flips it to Swish with his glove while showing a finger to the Twinkie dugout. Or I wouldn't mind a routine flyball to BA which he decides to wait on and dive at the last second.\

AHAHAHAHA

couldn't agree with you more!

SteveFakeBlood
09-29-2008, 06:50 PM
You know, I was just thinking of this like just a minute ago...If this goes to the 163rd game tomorrow, it COULD have an ending like the movie Little Big League. Griffey can make a home run-saving catch to finish off the Twins in their last at bat, and then all of our guys can run towards him to celebrate.

I'm surprised no one else acknowledged the sheer genius of this post. However, as Griffey is old and slow, it'd have to be BA to make the run-saving catch. Hence ruining the scenario. Also that game was at the Metrodome. Still, I like the way you think.... we need to not only win but demoralize them on that level...

~Steve

Jurr
09-29-2008, 07:00 PM
I think the Sox may be getting a little swagger back. No more domes. Come on to Chi and get that asswhoopin', you gork shot hitting, sliding into home and throwing up dust in the air, no business, born insecure mother****ers!!!!!!

ElevenUp
09-29-2008, 07:29 PM
I want Twinkie filling spilled all over the southside tomorrow night!

eastchicagosoxfan
09-29-2008, 07:32 PM
So, any chance Mayor Daley can make sure the Twinkee's plane sits on the tarmac a few hours after circling for a while? Maybe they get into their hotel at 6AM?

pczarapa
09-29-2008, 07:32 PM
thats what pissed me off the most

We'll get ours tomorrow, them celebrating last week drove me insane. They thought they'd sweep KC and it'd be easy street. Joke's on them.

MarySwiss
09-29-2008, 07:33 PM

Outstanding post, Wilkes! Suck it, Twins; you are going downnnnnnn....

Woofer
09-29-2008, 07:34 PM
Let them celebrate a second place finish.

soxfan1965
09-29-2008, 07:39 PM
So, any chance Mayor Daley can make sure the Twinkee's plane sits on the tarmac a few hours after circling for a while? Maybe they get into their hotel at 6AM?
Mayor Daley could also tell them that Meigs Field is still open.

The Twins have their unopened champaign on ice (actually from Sunday). The Sox are pluggers, they will take care of business, and after beating the Twins the fair and square way, they will just get the beer vendor and have a beer shower.

turners56
09-29-2008, 07:40 PM
That's what you get for depending on a last place team to do your dirty work.

BigP50
09-29-2008, 07:40 PM
I have faith we should have won those last 2 games at the Dome.

There is no way that Danks has to bad games in a row

Jurr
09-29-2008, 07:43 PM

Or two, for that matter. :tongue:

aryzner
09-29-2008, 07:44 PM
Change thread title to "The Twins were ready to celebrate!"

guillensdisciple
09-29-2008, 07:47 PM
I hope they didn't open up any of the bottles over there.

turners56
09-29-2008, 07:47 PM

Ummm...he did.

He had two 4 inning outings on the road. But that was on the road...

If Danks can give us 5 innings of 2 run ball tomorrow, I will be really happy. Just keep us in the game Johnny.

turners56
09-29-2008, 07:48 PM
I hope they didn't open up any of the bottles over there.

They might of started when Gavin threw the ball down the line.

What a performance by Floyd today. He gutted out the 5th and 6th like a man.

johnnyg83
09-29-2008, 07:55 PM
They might of started when Gavin threw the ball down the line.

What a performance by Floyd today. He gutted out the 5th and 6th like a man.

17 wins for Floyd -- Tigers in last

You could've gotten some crazy odds on that parlay in March.

It's Time
09-29-2008, 07:56 PM
http://satirebureau.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/coin-flip_phixr.jpg

:hawk
" Stay fair (I mean, let the Sox win the toss) it does,(I mean, they do!)"I luuvvvv coin flips".

turners56
09-29-2008, 07:56 PM
17 wins for Floyd -- Tigers in last

You could've gotten some crazy odds on that parlay in March.

I know. The highest payroll in the division finishes in dead last. That's hilarious.

Oh yeah...that pattern I was talking about yesterday?

The Sox are 7-2 against every team in the AL Central at home this year. That's a combined record of 28-8. I hope the pattern is disrupted tomorrow in a good way though.

soxfan1965
09-29-2008, 08:17 PM
The Twins had their original Cuban missile, 1965 MVP Zoilo Versailles, and won the AL pennant. The Sox have their 2008 Rookie of the Year, the current Cuban missile Alexei. Hopefully they could win the pennant too. First things first, I'm confident they will win at home Tuesday with their missile (and good pitching too).

Speaking of the Twins, take a look at their fans reactions - they were most upset about the Sunday Cliff Lee scratch and the perceived lack of effort of the Tigers today - like the Twins, the Twins fans probably wanted to celebrate today too. The Sox fans and team are not so presumptuous with champaign on ice. Here's the link http://ww2.startribune.com/user_comments/comments.php?d=asset_comments&asset_id=29910124&section=/sports/twins

pczarapa
09-29-2008, 08:22 PM
The Twins had their original Cuban missile, 1965 MVP Zoilo Versailles, and won the AL pennant. The Sox have their 2008 Rookie of the Year, the current Cuban missile Alexei. Hopefully they could win the pennant too. First things first, I'm confident they will win at home Tuesday with their missile (and good pitching too).

Speaking of the Twins, take a look at their fans reactions - they were most upset about the Sunday Cliff Lee scratch and the perceived lack of effort of the Tigers today - like the Twins, the Twins fans probably wanted to celebrate today too. The Sox fans and team are not so presumptuous with champaign on ice. Here's the link http://ww2.startribune.com/user_comments/comments.php?d=asset_comments&asset_id=29910124&section=/sports/twins

I thought we were irrational here when we were down, check this quote out here from the Twins board:

Investigate

MLB needs to investigate. The Tigers threw that game.
posted by mattinspace on Sep. 29, 08 at 7:29 PM | 3 of 8 people liked this comment.

turners56
09-29-2008, 08:24 PM

Sounds like a bunch of Minnesota teenagers complaining.

So why did Zack Greinke not pitch against the Twins on Sunday huh? Did you hear us complain?

Maybe these hacks didn't notice that Lee's velocity was down in Boston and he pitched poorly. He was obviously not 100%. Bullington didn't pitch that bad either.

As for the Tigers throwing the game today...

They're a bad team with a bad catcher playing out there. Their bullpen sucks. They wouldn't of wanted to finish in last. That would be embarrassing given their $138 million payroll.

Garcia gave the Tigers a good game out there today. If you can't appreciate that Twins fans, you can all go **** yourselves.

whitesoxwilkes
09-29-2008, 08:25 PM
Outstanding post, Wilkes! Suck it, Twins; you are going downnnnnnn....

Let's blow them up like how MarySwiss wants to blow up the East Coast!:redneck

AnkleSox
09-29-2008, 08:31 PM
I thought we were irrational here when we were down, check this quote out here from the Twins board:

Investigate

posted by mattinspace on Sep. 29, 08 at 7:29 PM | 3 of 8 people liked this comment.

Also, here's another gem:

"The White Sox had basically one solid hit - the slam. Everything else was cheap, including all the walks and wild pitches. Somehow though, AJ will say that they deserved all the give-aways."

A twins fan complaining about cheap hits. That's as laughable as anything can possibly be.

Vienna
09-29-2008, 08:31 PM

Investigate

That's crap. The ESPN2 crowd was talking about how Leyland was managing the game like the Tigers were in contention. The bullpen blew up...or more like the missile blew up with a 4-run warhead. Anyways screw the Twins fans. I'd love for the Sox to rip their hearts out tomorrow night. After sitting at the dome for games on Wednesday and Thursday. The Twins' celebration inside was bad and the fans outside were worse. You'd think they had won it all. They won three games. Now it's time to send them home and make the factory destroy all of the Twins 2008 AL Central Champs shirts and hats.

Whitesoxfan23
09-29-2008, 09:16 PM
What is the website to this Twins board? I want to see what other stupid things they are saying.

turners56
09-29-2008, 09:23 PM
That's crap. The ESPN2 crowd was talking about how Leyland was managing the game like the Tigers were in contention. The bullpen blew up...or more like the missile blew up with a 4-run warhead. Anyways screw the Twins fans. I'd love for the Sox to rip their hearts out tomorrow night. After sitting at the dome for games on Wednesday and Thursday. The Twins' celebration inside was bad and the fans outside were worse. You'd think they had won it all. They won three games. Now it's time to send them home and make the factory destroy all of the Twins 2008 AL Central Champs shirts and hats.

Leyland used his best starter in Galarraga to try and shut us down. He failed. Their bullpen failed. Their catcher can't block bad pitches. Too damn bad.

Foulke You
09-30-2008, 01:39 AM
This Twins fan quote was my favorite:

"Fix is in! The grand slam proves the Chicago political machine is alive a well!!!!"

He obviously hasn't seen all the blown calls that have gone against us in the last few weeks, lol. How about 3 big blown calls at the Metrodome just last week? The only game I can remember the Sox getting a HUGE break was the one against the Rays in the infamous "AJ Interference" play with Doug Eddings.

EuroSox35
09-30-2008, 01:55 AM
The Tigers played hard until the slam, where they were demoralized. Gary ****ing Sheffield even stold a base.

You see the same exact thing if we play this game in early September when initially planned. It's not like this was some extra game MLB gave us and said 'here, have another shot', it was a regular season game and we finished with the same exact record (both home and away)

Twins fans should be happy they didn't face the Royals hottest pitcher, Greinke, who was pulled for no reason, unlike Lee, who had an injury

oeo
09-30-2008, 07:58 AM
The Tigers played hard until the slam, where they were demoralized. Gary ****ing Sheffield even stold a base.

I know the guy is like 50, but that was his 9th on the year; only 2 CS. Why is everyone making a big deal of it?

esbrechtel
09-30-2008, 08:03 AM
I know the guy is like 50, but that was his 9th on the year; only 2 CS. Why is everyone making a big deal of it?

Stealing a base takes some effort and they were just pointing out that he could have stayed put and not "go above and beyond"

oeo
09-30-2008, 08:06 AM
Stealing a base takes some effort and they were just pointing out that he could have stayed put and not "go above and beyond"

He said, "Gary ****ing Sheffield even stold a base."

esbrechtel
09-30-2008, 08:08 AM
it was not too long ago that many tigers fans complained about Sheff and his lack of effort...

SoxGirl4Life
09-30-2008, 08:31 AM
They showed the Twins watching party from the Metrodump on Comcast last night and Nick Punto said, "Oh well, we'll just have to go celebrate on their field."

oeo
09-30-2008, 08:34 AM
They showed the Twins watching party from the Metrodump on Comcast last night and Nick Punto said, "Oh well, we'll just have to go celebrate on their field."

Span said something similar.

Do not let it happen!

GoGoCrede
09-30-2008, 09:33 AM

Yes. Make them pay for that one, boys. No, really. Make them pay. Or else the fans will.

chisoxfanatic
09-30-2008, 09:53 AM
As if our Sox don't need any more bulletin board material!

Boondock Saint
09-30-2008, 11:54 AM

:dumbass:

Some people never learn.

Rocky Soprano
09-30-2008, 09:02 PM
**** You Twins and Your ****ing Celebration!

JermaineDye05
09-30-2008, 09:07 PM
i really hope that if the sox win today and tomorrow that the last out of tuesday's game is an easy grounder to alexei which he waits on and promptly flips it to swish with his glove while showing a finger to the twinkie dugout. Or i wouldn't mind a routine flyball to ba which he decides to wait on and dive at the last second.

i almost got my wish!!!

Brilliant!!!

guillensdisciple
09-30-2008, 09:10 PM
They aren't celebrating anything anymore!

gobears1987
09-30-2008, 09:17 PM
Where is Timberbitch now?

Chisox353014
09-30-2008, 09:19 PM
I hope they have a nice plane ride home. I'm sure Punto will dive head first into his seat.

LongLiveFisk
09-30-2008, 09:22 PM

They can still celebrate knowing those "2008 AL Central Twins" t-shirts will be put to good use in some third world country. :happyguy:

guillensdisciple
09-30-2008, 09:23 PM
I hope they have a nice plane ride home. I'm sure Punto will dive head first into his seat.

You're forgetting Gomez too.... wait wait what is he going to do with his bat now, is he still making out with the thing?

WhiteSox5187
09-30-2008, 09:27 PM
Dear Twins:

We're running low on champagne, can we borrow some of yours?

Thanks,

2008 AL Central Champion Chicago White Sox

PS Please send our love to the Royals, will you?

turners56
09-30-2008, 09:33 PM
They showed Nathan at the end of the game. Priceless. Karma is a total bitch.

thomas35forever
09-30-2008, 09:36 PM
Put away that champagne! Get out the bottled water 'cause that's all you'll be drinking on the plane ride home!

cleanwsox
09-30-2008, 09:42 PM
lolololololololololol.

Must suck to go back to your locker room and see all the wrap taken off.

Enjoy the golf courses Twinkies!

whitesox901
09-30-2008, 09:58 PM
words can not describe my euphoria right now SPAN = SPAM

SoxSpeed22
09-30-2008, 10:00 PM
Enjoy your flight home, Twins.
2 for your last 16 in playoff games, counting this one. Even Marty Schottenheimer is laughing at that.

mccoydp
09-30-2008, 10:14 PM
Assbag mother ****ing Twinkies!

Enjoy the ride home, ****ers!

:gulp:

asindc
09-30-2008, 10:17 PM
Go home, you pinball baseball playing bitches!

MeteorsSox4367
09-30-2008, 10:24 PM
To Gomez and Punto, enjoy the offseason, boys! May the memories of the now-meaningless sweep sustain you this winter.

SOX ADDICT '73
09-30-2008, 11:02 PM
lolololololololololol.

Must suck to go back to your locker room and see all the wrap taken off.

Enjoy the golf courses Twinkies!
What I wouldn't give for a camera crew in their clubhouse...:whiner::whiner::whiner::whiner:

DSpivack
09-30-2008, 11:04 PM
Enjoy your flight home, Twins.
2 for your last 16 in playoff games, counting this one. Even Marty Schottenheimer is laughing at that.

This wasn't a playoff game, but your point stands.

Chisox353014
09-30-2008, 11:48 PM
What I wouldn't give for a camera crew in their clubhouse...:whiner::whiner::whiner::whiner:

I watched the local news and they had an interview with Mauer where he said that Sox fans are "brutal". He looked like he needed his Mommy. :whiner:

GoGoCrede
09-30-2008, 11:50 PM
I watched the local news and they had an interview with Mauer where he said that Sox fans are "brutal". He looked like he needed his Mommy. :whiner:

:rolleyes:
How dare we cheer our team on, especially after how they acted after they swept us? Especially Gomez.

They left the field mighty fast.

Where can I find a clip of this?

WhiteSoxOnly
09-30-2008, 11:54 PM

He's lucky he never got to experience Old Comiskey...then he
would know what brutal really is.

soltrain21
09-30-2008, 11:55 PM
I hope Gomez likes smelling his golf clubs. Mother ****er.

johnnyg83
09-30-2008, 11:55 PM
are there any clips of Gomex reaction last week? I was out of town during that series.

SOX ADDICT '73
09-30-2008, 11:59 PM
That is a totally different team outside of their Crap Dome - they appeared to have absolutely no confidence tonight, after being so over-confident last week. Makes sense that he'd be whining after the game.

BleacherBandit
09-30-2008, 11:59 PM
are there any clips of Gomex reaction last week? I was out of town during that series.

He basically latched on to whoever was there to greet him at home plate like Yogi Berra after Don Larsen's no hitter. It was pretty disturbing.

asindc
10-01-2008, 12:00 AM
He's lucky he never got to experience Old Comiskey...then he
would know what brutal really is.

Amen to that!

WhiteSox5187
10-01-2008, 01:00 AM
Boo ****ing hoo. At least we weren't throwing things on the field like they did back in ****ing July.

chisoxfanatic
10-01-2008, 01:00 AM
He basically latched on to whoever was there to greet him at home plate like Yogi Berra after Don Larsen's no hitter. It was pretty disturbing.
And Hawk Harrelson will STILL continue to adore him. :rolleyes: Sometimes I don't get Hawk, but I still love him.

DrCrawdad
10-01-2008, 06:37 AM
Hey Twins, how'd that champagne taste...after it dripped off the White Sox!

Jurr
10-01-2008, 06:49 AM
Well, he also grabbed dust and did some pro wrestling-esque pose as he crossed home plate. Just plain dumb.

turners56
10-01-2008, 07:08 AM

Oh the irony. His team's fans threw **** on the field because they didn't get a call and almost made their team forfeit the game.

ws05champs
10-01-2008, 11:49 AM
Last night I was a bit ticked to see a few twinkie fans in the crowd. Yet at the end of the game it was so nice having them there. It gave me a chance to personally lay some verbal abuse on them as they were leaving and trying to hold back the tears. Soooooo satisfying! Hope they cried all the way home.

Iwritecode
10-01-2008, 12:01 PM
Where can I find a clip of this?

http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?mid=200809253551036

GoGoCrede
10-01-2008, 05:39 PM

Thanks! This will go very nicely with the Thome HR clip I've been replaying all day. :tongue:

thomas35forever
10-01-2008, 06:05 PM
As they once said on The Simpsons, "Now-who's-laugh-ing? Now-who's-laughing?"