PDA

View Full Version : Is Steve Stone announcing the game today?

Mohoney
09-29-2008, 10:15 AM
Is Steve Stone announcing the game today, or is he taking the holiday off? IIRC, he has taken High Holy Days off in the past when he was with the Cubs. I'm pretty sure he would be out for the potential game tomorrow, and I'm thinking it would be risky for him to try to do today because the rain might push the last few innings past sundown.

hi im skot
09-29-2008, 10:24 AM
Ranger?

kevingrt
09-29-2008, 10:25 AM
Is Steve Stone announcing the game today, or is he taking the holiday off? IIRC, he has taken High Holy Days off in the past when he was with the Cubs. I'm pretty sure he would be out for the potential game tomorrow, and I'm thinking it would be risky for him to try to do today because the rain might push the last few innings past sundown.

Good question. He was on Mully and Hanley this morning and wished every Jewish person a happy new year. The holiday if I remember correctly does not start till sundown so he may be okay even though we will not see sun the whole day.

gobears1987
09-29-2008, 10:47 AM
If the game starts on time at 1, then he should easily have enough time to get out of there and get to shul. I wouldn't expect to see him tomorrow though if we have our play-off against the Twins.

Mohoney
09-29-2008, 10:58 AM
If the game starts on time at 1, then he should easily have enough time to get out of there and get to shul. I wouldn't expect to see him tomorrow though if we have our play-off against the Twins.

That's assuming that they play all 9 innings without any delay, though. A 2+ hour delay in the middle of the game would leave him pressed for time.

gobears1987
09-29-2008, 01:18 PM
That's assuming that they play all 9 innings without any delay, though. A 2+ hour delay in the middle of the game would leave him pressed for time.Given the rain delay, I'd say Stone is doubtful. I'm just hoping they get this game in before I have to leave my TV. If they finish by 7:00 eastern, I'll be a very happy person. Otherwise I'll be sneaking a peak at my cell during services.

jabrch
09-29-2008, 01:30 PM
If we delay 2 hours, and start at 3 PM, he could get a bunch of innings in before he'd need to leave to get to temple. Sundown is 6:40 tonight. So he has loads of time - provided he worships in the city.

Mohoney
09-29-2008, 04:03 PM
At any rate, Steve Stone is there right now.