PDA

View Full Version : Are 9/13 tickets good ONLY for 9/29?

SoxandtheCityTee
09-29-2008, 10:46 AM
I'm sorry, I've looked everywhere on the Sox website, 674-1000 has been busy for an hour straight, and I need an answer fast.

Can tickets originally issued for 9/13 only be used today? I know that would be the normal thing to do but I was sure I'd heard or seen that in this case you could also trade them in for as-available in a future game. But now I am hearing that if you don't use them today they are no good for anything else.

Anyone know for sure?

ChiSoxFan81
09-29-2008, 10:50 AM
From Ticketmaster site:

Additional Information
The Chicago White Sox vs. Detroit Tigers game originally scheduled for Saturday, September 13th has been rescheduled for Monday, September 9th at 1:05pm, if it is necessary for that game to be played.

Tickets for the September 13th game will be valid for the makeup game on September 29th. Prepaid parking coupons for September 13th may enter on the same coupon.

If the September 29th game is not palyed:
Fans may exchange tickets for that game for tickets of equal or lesser value (based on availability) to any future White Sox regular season home game. Parking also may be exchanged. All exchanges should be made at the U.S. Cellular Field Box Office, either by mail (333 W. 35th Street, Chicago, IL 60616) or in person.

Sounds to me like they're only good for today. I don't know this for certain, but reading this, that's what it sounds like.

SoxandtheCityTee
09-29-2008, 11:28 AM
Thanks. Finally got through to the Sox box office and they said, if you can't use them today, hold on to them for further announcements.

SoxComms
09-29-2008, 11:57 AM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Sunday, September 28, 2008

white sox to play MAKEUP GAME on MOnday AFTERNOON

Limited Number of Game Tickets Available

CHICAGO – The Chicago White Sox will play the Detroit Tigers tomorrow afternoon (Monday, September 29) at 1:05 p.m. as a makeup game for the originally scheduled September 13 game. The gates to the ballpark will open at 11:30 a.m. The game will be televised on WGN-TV and broadcast on WSCR 670-AM.

A limited number of tickets for the game are available and can be purchased at whitesox.com, by calling 866-SOX-GAME or visiting the U.S. Cellular Field ticket office. Tickets for the September 13 game are valid for the makeup game.

Prepaid parking coupons for September 13 may enter parking lots for tomorrow’s game on the same coupon and cash parking receipts for the originally scheduled game should be exchanged for Comiskey Cash or parking passes at the U.S. Cellular Field ticket office.

Fans who purchased tickets for September 13 via StubHub can use those tickets for Monday’s game. Fans with inquiries regarding tickets purchased on StubHub should contact 866-STUB-HUB.

-30-

© 2008 Chicago White Sox

jabrch
09-29-2008, 12:44 PM
Thanks. Finally got through to the Sox box office and they said, if you can't use them today, hold on to them for further announcements.

My ticket rep just told me today or bust...

Lorenzo Barcelo
09-29-2008, 12:47 PM
I went to the box office on Friday and he said hold onto them until next year if you wanted them for an April game next year.

Bruizer
09-29-2008, 04:00 PM
What about the September 12th tickets? Are those good for a future game?

chisoxfanatic
09-29-2008, 04:05 PM
What about the September 12th tickets? Are those good for a future game?
Yes. We'll have to use those sometime next year.