PDA

View Full Version : Weather Watch 9/29

roylestillman
09-29-2008, 09:03 AM
Just when you thought this thing can't get any goofier, radar is showing a line of storms heading this way. What are the options. No domes, please.

realflava23
09-29-2008, 09:12 AM
It won't rain all day, it will just be delayed.

Oblong
09-29-2008, 09:16 AM
Road Trip to Detroit!!!! We can get it in here at Comerica. You all can stay at my place. I'll get a party bus.

Seriously though, looking at that system, I bet it's out of there within a few hours. Maybe a delay to get the field ready but that's about it. It's moving pretty fast.

The interactive weather map at weather.com is pretty neat for stuff like this. You can zoom down to street level.

esbrechtel
09-29-2008, 09:37 AM
I hope it gets delayed...then I can WATCH IT! :bandance:

VenturaFan23
09-29-2008, 09:39 AM
I hope it gets delayed...then I can WATCH IT! :bandance:

No kidding. Rain delay until 5pm would be great!

kevingrt
09-29-2008, 10:06 AM
No kidding. Rain delay until 5pm would be great!

Sitting at the stadium for 4 extra hours is not great.

SOXfnNlansing
09-29-2008, 10:28 AM
Sitting at the stadium for 4 extra hours is not great.

I can find something to do at the park for 4 hours:gulp:

WisSoxFan
09-29-2008, 10:34 AM
Am I the only one hoping it rains all day and the game gets pushed back until tomorrow and then, hopefully, the Twinkie game gets pushed back to Wednesday just to give our starters another day rest. It's a little frightening to have two young starters going on three days rest back to back.

JohnnyInnsbrook
09-29-2008, 10:36 AM
Am I the only one hoping it rains all day and the game gets pushed back until tomorrow and then, hopefully, the Twinkie game gets pushed back to Wednesday just to give our starters another day rest. It's a little frightening to have two young starters going on three days rest back to back.

Yes

CHISOXFAN13
09-29-2008, 11:08 AM

So then we head right to Tampa after we clinch the division? NO THANKS.

chisoxfanatic
09-29-2008, 11:10 AM
You DO realize that Thursday's game in Tampa would be an afternoon affair, right? That could spell potential problems for our bullpen.

Rohan
09-29-2008, 11:13 AM
So then we head right to Tampa after we clinch the division? NO THANKS.

Right now i'm not thinking about how we're going to fair against Tampa.. Right now all i'm concerned with is getting to the playoffs.
If an extra day of rest will help us cross that playoff barrier, i'll be content.

CHISOXFAN13
09-29-2008, 11:15 AM
Right now i'm not thinking about how we're going to fair against Tampa.. Right now all i'm concerned with is getting to the playoffs.
If an extra day of rest will help us cross that playoff barrier, i'll be content.

Here's some food for thought. Under the scenario given, LIRIANO would pitch Wednesday.

No thank you.

Rohan
09-29-2008, 11:18 AM
Here's some food for thought. Under the scenario given, LIRIANO would pitch Wednesday.

No thank you.

That is true... But i'd still much rather have us face liriano and have a fresh starter than continue on this ridiculous three days rest crap...

Frankfan4life
09-29-2008, 11:40 AM
Ugh!! Rain, rain go away!!! I have a 9/13 ticket so I've already seen this movie. :(:

Vernam
09-29-2008, 11:52 AM
If an extra day of rest will help us cross that playoff barrier, i'll be content.I hope we fare more than fair. :wink:

Vernam