PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday's game

WhiteSoxAl
09-29-2008, 12:50 AM
If we do get to play the Twins on Tuesday, does anyone know if that will be a night or day game?

Harry Potter
09-29-2008, 12:55 AM
If there is a game on Tuesday it will be a 6:30pm start televised on TBS

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20080928&content_id=3570430&vkey=pr_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

LoveYourSuit
09-29-2008, 01:01 AM
Nothing on the Sunday game schedule .... that could possibly be our lone home playoff game.

RockJock07
09-29-2008, 01:05 AM
If there is a game on Tuesday it will be a 6:30pm start televised on TBS

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20080928&content_id=3570430&vkey=pr_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Yeah, TBS carried the play in game last year with COL/SD so a night game makes perfect sense in terms of ratings and ticket sales.

Brooks was on with Rongey and he said that tickets for Tuesday would go sale right after tomorrow's game was over, but that Season ticket holders as well as anyone that had the orginal game ticket would be first.

anewman35
09-29-2008, 07:27 AM
Yeah, TBS carried the play in game last year with COL/SD so a night game makes perfect sense in terms of ratings and ticket sales.

Brooks was on with Rongey and he said that tickets for Tuesday would go sale right after tomorrow's game was over, but that Season ticket holders as well as anyone that had the orginal game ticket would be first.

Um, there are no "original game tickets" for Tuesday. It's not a makeup game.

doublem23
09-29-2008, 08:31 AM
Nothing on the Sunday game schedule .... that could possibly be our lone home playoff game.

Technically a 1-game-play-off is just the 163rd game of the regular season.

ChiSoxFan81
09-29-2008, 10:20 AM
Technically a 1-game-play-off is just the 163rd game of the regular season.

Yes. I'm wondering why this, and today's game are such hard concepts for people to understand. Yesterday Hawk kept calling today's game a "playoff". No, Hawk, it's a make-up game, game 162. Now, I look on The Score's web page, and their poll is asking if the Sox will win today to make the playoffs. Only problem is, if they win today, they don't make the playoffs. They get to play game 163 to try to get in. Geez.

SOXfnNlansing
09-29-2008, 10:25 AM
Does anyone know if there is a ticket sales booth inside the park? I know you can buy tickets outside. I know there will be a ton of people outside to buy tickets for Tuesday's game.

It would be nice for the Sox to be leading 8-1 in the top of the 7th today. If there was a sales booth inside the park it would be great to get in that line and not file out of the park and get in that long line

WhiffleBall
09-29-2008, 10:30 AM
At the end of yesterday's game they announced that tickets for today's game would not be sold inside the park. You had to buy them at one of the outside ticket windows.

Does anyone know if there is a ticket sales booth inside the park? I know you can buy tickets outside. I know there will be a ton of people outside to buy tickets for Tuesday's game.

It would be nice for the Sox to be leading 8-1 in the top of the 7th today. If there was a sales booth inside the park it would be great to get in that line and not file out of the park and get in that long line

chisoxfanatic
09-29-2008, 11:25 AM
How would that work? Would there be a special line for us at the box office or something? There's no way they can organize that.

RTI_SoxFan
09-29-2008, 12:19 PM
Will they be available online?