PDA

View Full Version : Mark Buehrle Appreciation Thread

doublem23
09-29-2008, 12:07 AM
:burly
I believe a number of you owe me an apology.

Save McCuddy's
09-29-2008, 12:15 AM
Favorite pale hose in the last 10 years bar none. Love this guy's guts and wish he could go again tomorrow.

DaveFeelsRight
09-29-2008, 12:19 AM
Love him. Hopes he stays a with us till the very end

PennStater98r
09-29-2008, 12:19 AM
:burly
I believe a number of you owe me an apology.

I am glad to say that I am one that does not - he's a big game pitcher - and a lot of us knew it. :)

Harry Potter
09-29-2008, 12:20 AM
Love him. Hopes he stays a with us till the very end

And that there is never a doubt about giving him the extra year on his contract.

Thanks for pitching your heart out today Burls :worship:

hi im skot
09-29-2008, 12:38 AM
I looooooove Mark Buehrle.

Rohan
09-29-2008, 12:39 AM
I agreed..
Mark, glad you finally came around.

munchman33
09-29-2008, 12:42 AM
OMG don't scare me like that. We only ever have these when a guy is gone. :thud:

grv1974
09-29-2008, 12:43 AM
I think Buehrle owes ME an apology.

BainesHOF
09-29-2008, 12:52 AM
It's one thing to be a big-game pitcher. It's another to be a big-game pitcher when you're pitching on three days rest for the second straight start after throwing more than 120 pitches in your previous start.

Buehrle was HUGE on Sunday. It's a start you can put among his best in his career.

guillensdisciple
09-29-2008, 01:10 AM
Oh Mark Buerhle how we praise you here!
You have gotten us through so much, even though many don't want you near!
Many people say you are too slow, just like Jamie Moyer.
But you are a righteous fellow, just like Tom Sawyer!

While the Sox have sucked the past few weeks.
You have not.
Instead you have shown us some positives
In this freaking rot.

While the sox have yet to accomplish anything so far this year.
To most sox fans it is clear.
That without Mark Buerhle pitching today.
Sox players would be scheduling golfing times on monday.

Mark, while you are our collective hero.
I beg you to impart your wisdom on our next two starters
So that way we could win the central and have no more doubters.

So as I leave this thread today
I only have one thing to say.
Go sox!! Let's win them all the rest of the way!

doublem23
09-29-2008, 01:39 AM
OMG don't scare me like that. We only ever have these when a guy is gone. :thud:

I think Buehrle earned a mid-career appreciation thread today, after he saved our season. If anyone on this team deserves it, #56 does.

cheezheadsoxfan
09-29-2008, 01:52 AM
I think Buehrle earned a mid-career appreciation thread today, after he saved our season. If anyone on this team deserves it, #56 does.

He sure does. I'd love to see that number retired one day.

chisoxmike
09-29-2008, 02:20 AM
Mark Buehrle is a man, plain and simple.

grv1974
09-29-2008, 03:31 AM
Mark is a man of many talents. He was also in the group Three Dog Night. (Back row, on the left) His cloesup begins at :15.

UdpEyxS0988

harwar
09-29-2008, 06:44 AM
Amid all the complaining,whining,and bitching by a lot of players in baseball these days a few stand out for their strength and integrity.
Mark Buehrle likes to have his fun,but if someone asked me if i could show them even one player today who is tough and has the guts of players from years past .. i would take them to our park and point to Mark and tell them .. "You wanna see a man? .. THAT'S a man.

Frontman
09-29-2008, 07:03 AM
Shall I point out all the posts showing my love for the Buehrle-mon?

I think that would be a waste of bandwith for certain to drag them all back up!

Mark, you da man. Thank you for giving us even just one more day of baseball for the Southside.

I'm going to point to yesterday's game every time I hear "Who's the '#1/ace' of the Sox?" until I see someone else prove it.

alohafri
09-29-2008, 08:19 AM
There is no one in our current rotation that I'd rather see in a big game!

SoxandtheCityTee
09-29-2008, 08:21 AM
And I loved his sound bite last night: We put ourselves into this situation, now we have to play our way out of it.

esbrechtel
09-29-2008, 09:46 AM
I loved the standing O he got at the park yesterday before the game as he entered the field from the left field bullpen. It's like the fans were saying alright Mark we are counting on you to save us.

asindc
09-29-2008, 11:27 AM
Buehrle is yet another example of a player who demonstrates why I am not a big numbers guy. Screw the numbers, show me who gets it done when it counts. MB is one of the top money pitchers in baseball, and has been for many years now.

If Javy had even 80% of his fortitude, he would not be pitching for the Sox because the Yanks never would have traded him.

gobears1987
09-29-2008, 11:34 AM
Given the sig I've had the past two seasons, I think it's obvious I'm not one of those people who owe Buehrle an apology.

However, there are a lot of dumb asses who do.

hi im skot
09-29-2008, 11:42 AM
Mark is a man of many talents. He was also in the group Three Dog Night. (Back row, on the left) His cloesup begins at :15.

I would pay money to see Buehrle reenact that dance.

kobo
09-29-2008, 11:51 AM
I loved the standing O he got at the park yesterday before the game as he entered the field from the left field bullpen. It's like the fans were saying alright Mark we are counting on you to save us.
Watching him and AJ walk towards the dugout with AJ's arm around him gave me goose bumps. And the fact everyone in the stadium were on their feet and cheering made it even better. Buehrle has been my favorite Sox player for years now, I'm so happy he came through for us yesterday. He is the man, and I appreciate everything he has done for this team.

Frankfan4life
09-29-2008, 11:56 AM
Oh Mark Buerhle how we praise you here!
You have gotten us through so much, even though many don't want you near!
Many people say you are too slow, just like Jamie Moyer.
But you are a righteous fellow, just like Tom Sawyer!

While the Sox have sucked the past few weeks.
You have not.
Instead you have shown us some positives
In this freaking rot.

While the sox have yet to accomplish anything so far this year.
To most sox fans it is clear.
That without Mark Buerhle pitching today.
Sox players would be scheduling golfing times on monday.

Mark, while you are our collective hero.
I beg you to impart your wisdom on our next two starters
So that way we could win the central and have no more doubters.

So as I leave this thread today
I only have one thing to say.
Go sox!! Let's win them all the rest of the way!Very well done, GD.

There was no one I wanted to pitch yesterday more than Mark. He is a big game pitcher and fortunately he got some run support. In addition, he loves the Sox and has always been it's best asset, even when he's not pitching. Hopefully he will retire in a Sox uni and then stay with the organization in some capacity.

Boondock Saint
09-29-2008, 01:36 PM
Mark Buehrle will be the last Sox player to wear #56 in a Sox uniform when he's done here.

PatK
09-29-2008, 03:00 PM
How about an elotes appreciation thread?

I ate elotes before the game. So far when I've done that this season, the Sox are undefeated at games I've attended.

SteveFakeBlood
09-29-2008, 05:00 PM
Even in the second half of '06, I didn't give up on Mark. I saw him give up 7 runs to the Rangers and I just shook my head rather than booing (see my post in the Konerko thread- I refuse to boo anyone who helped us win a World Series, not to mention is one of the winningest pitchers in team history).

He was responsible for one of the best and one of the worst memories I've had at the Cell. The best being his no-hitter for obvious reasons, a moment I'll never forget. And one of my personal lows as a fan being July 2, 2007- watching Mark leaving the field to a huge standing ovation in what everyone thought would be his last game in a White Sox uniform- then the bullpen proceeding to blow the 6-2 lead he left with and lose the game. It was horrible to think of our bullpen ruining the possible last game as a Sox for my favorite player- it was made worse by jackass Cub fans trash-talking everyone as we walked on the concourse (yeah, obviously Cubs fans don't hate the Sox- that's why they show up at our games regularly to try to talk ****... pathetic) and my thoughts that I maybe could've been out with a cute girl I had a crush on that night instead.

Mark's energy and love for the game are virtually unmatched by any player I've ever seen- I've seen the tarp slides, the gutsy late inning performances, I've also heard about the ridiculous pranks and goofy stunts he pulled and know a couple folks who knew him back in Missouri (my old roommate/one of my best friends actually very briefly worked with him at a pizza place in St. Charles, MO- they never really talked though... an acquaintance of mine was actually an old high school friend of his). All this adds up to him being my favorite player for years. To paraphrase one of my friends- Buehrle won't end up in the Hall of Fame, but we'll be telling our grandkids stories about him- just like our dads tell us about Minnie Minoso and Billy Pierce.

~Steve

SteveFakeBlood
09-29-2008, 07:36 PM
How about an elotes appreciation thread?

I ate elotes before the game. So far when I've done that this season, the Sox are undefeated at games I've attended.

Haha you may have something there. While struggling through a paper that I barely finished on time the Sox were losing 2-1. After finishing and looking at the score in disgust, on a hunch I threw on some Twista- since I was listening to Twista and Spitalfield all game yesterday (I have to watch 'em online), since they're the biggest Sox fans I can think of among musicians (OK, OK... Dennis DeYoung's much bigger, but I'm pretty tired of Styx- and no, Kanye and Lupe aren't real Sox fans as they rep the Cubs just as much). Next thing I knew the Tigers walked 4 batters and gave up Alexei's slam. How's that for an "Adrenaline Rush"?

~Steve

LongLiveFisk
09-29-2008, 07:45 PM
One of favorite Sox EVER. I hope he stays a long, long time.

Thanks for all you do, Mark! :gulp: