PDA

View Full Version : Any Quentin update?

EuroSox35
09-28-2008, 10:34 PM
I saw them show him on camera, but I had the volume off. Any chance we are getting more specific with a timetable?

Sockinchisox
09-28-2008, 10:37 PM
I saw them show him on camera, but I had the volume off. Any chance we are getting more specific with a timetable?

No, no timetable.

DSpivack
09-28-2008, 10:43 PM
Walkoff against the Twins tuesday in his return.

whitesox901
09-28-2008, 11:40 PM

:redneck

oeo
09-28-2008, 11:45 PM
Quietness going towards the end of the season probably isn't good news for his return.

thomas35forever
09-28-2008, 11:46 PM
"In a year that has been so improbable, the impossible has happened!"

Rockabilly
09-29-2008, 12:07 AM
Next time we will see him play will be in march...

It sucks that we won't have him for the post season

bnlfanmatt
09-29-2008, 01:27 AM

That follows his first inning home run so he has the regular season lead once again! :redneck

soulfly
09-29-2008, 01:43 AM
I know he was checked out on Friday and things were said to be going good. But nothing more than that.

Why are the Sox so secretive about injured players? Linebrink was MIA, and they said almost nothing about him. Same thing with Crede. Has there been some sort of update that I never heard about, or do they just keep this sort of thing underwraps?

How long exactly did Longoria miss with the broken bone in his hand? Was it a comparable injury? I thought he missed about a month, and came back and didn't miss a beat. I'm still hoping that CQ does the same...

EuroSox35
09-29-2008, 02:02 AM
I know he was checked out on Friday and things were said to be going good. But nothing more than that.

Why are the Sox so secretive about injured players? Linebrink was MIA, and they said almost nothing about him. Same thing with Crede. Has there been some sort of update that I never heard about, or do they just keep this sort of thing underwraps?

Yeah, that's been weird about the Sox this year, since they were usually known as the 'open' organization in this town when it came to this sort of thing, but this year, a lot of quiet, or timetables being off. Along with your list, I remember similar with Contreras

That's true though, I guess it being quiet now is probably the loudest sign we probably won't see him. I'm hoping he'd be ready mid October, maybe they don't want to say something like that to jinx anything...

Adele_H
09-29-2008, 02:03 AM
Any chance we are getting more specific with a timetable?

By all accounts from within the organization, Quentin is well ahead of the set timetable.

A timetable for Freakin' Awesomeness, that is.

chaerulez
09-29-2008, 08:42 AM
The only thing we can pray that Quentin can do is have a Kirk Gibson moment in the playoffs.

esbrechtel
09-29-2008, 08:48 AM
The only thing we can pray that Quentin can do is have a Kirk Gibson moment in the playoffs.

Carlos is going to hit a grandslam with one hand and a broom stick...

WHILEPITCH
09-29-2008, 09:14 AM
Walker on the Score right now saying that CQ would not be back for a Tampa series.