PDA

View Full Version : KC Royals Appreciation Thread

DrCrawdad
09-28-2008, 03:57 PM
Even if, as it seems, the Royals lose today I wish to thank them for helping the Sox cause by winning the first two their final series in 2008. They could have "mailed it in" but they played the Twinkies tough.

Thanks Royals!

turners56
09-28-2008, 04:01 PM
Even if, as it seems, the Royals lose today I wish to thank them for helping the Sox cause by winning the first two their final series in 2008. They could have "mailed it in" but they played the Twinkies tough.

Thanks Royals!

They could of started Greinke today. But, Duckworth wasn't bad. Ron Mahay is the one to blame.

chisoxfanatic
09-28-2008, 04:02 PM
Yes, yes, thank you, Royals. Tomorrow's game wouldn't have been played if it weren't for them.

BleacherBandit
09-28-2008, 04:05 PM
My order of rooting for teams besides the Sox goes:

1.Brewers
2.Royals
3.Cardinals

Thanks Royals!

Dub25
09-28-2008, 04:23 PM
Thanks K.C. If the Sox make it I will sport a KC hat with my assortment of Sox jerseys for the playoffs.

DrCrawdad
09-28-2008, 04:34 PM
They could of started Greinke today. But, Duckworth wasn't bad. Ron Mahay is the one to blame.

Ex-Cubbie factor?

chisoxfanatic
09-28-2008, 04:38 PM
Ex-Cubbie factor?
LOL! Ron Mahay grew up a Sox fan. I worked with his uncle for four years at the school I used to be at. :tongue:

VenturaFan23
09-28-2008, 04:49 PM
Hey White Sox....you CAN get Gomez and Punto out!

Thank you Royals!

DrCrawdad
09-28-2008, 04:54 PM
LOL! Ron Mahay grew up a Sox fan. I worked with his uncle for four years at the school I used to be at. :tongue:

I know Ron is from Midlothian IIRC. But he did play for the Cubbies, hence "The Ex-Cubbie Factor."

SteveFakeBlood
09-28-2008, 04:59 PM
Yeah, I know a few people who are absolute die-hard Royals fans- they'll all be getting e-mails of thanks. That's what I love about KC, this year and in '06- they played hard until the last out was made. Also, the people I know who are Royals fans are great, very passionate and knowledgeable- it takes a lot of guts and pride to be a Royals fan nowadays and I give them a lot of respect for it- it may be small, but they're a great fanbase.

But let's hear it for Kyle Davies, Gil Meche, Mike Aviles, Billy Butler and gang for playing their hearts out.

~Steve

StillMissOzzie
09-28-2008, 06:36 PM
Dear KC Royals:
Thanks for making tomorrow's game a reality. I can't tell you how much I and other Sox fans appreciated a sincere and fruitful effort over the weekend.

Sincerely,
SMO and thousands of other Sox fans

SoxandtheCityTee
09-28-2008, 06:39 PM
Next year I will go see the Sox play at KC, for the first time. Of course I will root for the good guys but I will spend some money and be very nice to all the Royals fans I meet, in gratitude. :D:

chisoxfanatic
09-28-2008, 06:51 PM
Next year I will go see the Sox play at KC, for the first time. Of course I will root for the good guys but I will spend some money and be very nice to all the Royals fans I meet, in gratitude. :D:
Ohh, you'll enjoy yourself there! Royals fans are awesome! Kaufman rocks, by the way!

If you need more info on KC, let me know. I was there twice last year.

SteveFakeBlood
09-28-2008, 08:09 PM
I was looking at the standings and strangely enough, our gift back to the Royals could come at tomorrow's game and we can help them by helping ourselves. If we beat the Tigers tomorrow, it will guarantee that the Royals will finish 4th and the Tigers will finish last. I mean it's not really big deal, but it's a tiny bit of pride to say at least you finished 4th rather than tied for last...

~Steve

guillensdisciple
09-28-2008, 09:07 PM
This shows how sad the central division is, next year I expect it to be the strongest in baseball.

Twins, Sox, Cleveland, Tigers, and the Royals. Honestly, all teams can contend.

PaleHoser
09-28-2008, 10:25 PM
Thanks KC, though it doesn't make up for breaking my heart in September, 1977.