PDA

View Full Version : NL Wildcard

sox1970
09-28-2008, 04:26 PM
Brewers lead the Cubs 3-1, going to the 9th.

Mets trail the Marlins 4-2, going to the bottom of the 8th at Shea.

Chisox353014
09-28-2008, 04:28 PM
Huge 2-run bomb by Braun. CC pitching the 9th.

DSpivack
09-28-2008, 04:42 PM
All quiet in Flushing. Sounds like a funeral, which it likely is, for both the 2008 Mets and Shea Stadium.

turners56
09-28-2008, 04:55 PM
And the Brewers are most likely going. What a collapse by the Mets. Geez.

turners56
09-28-2008, 04:56 PM
Ryan Braun may seem like the clutchest player in the history of clutch. But he's hitting like .200 in late and close situations. Funny.

SoxSpeed22
09-28-2008, 05:07 PM
Game Over for the Mets. If the Brew Crew have anything left, the Phillies await them. Meanwhile, the Dodgers head to Wrigley Field.

RKMeibalane
09-28-2008, 05:09 PM
:jerry

"We gawn!"

cleanwsox
09-28-2008, 05:12 PM
:jerry

"We gawn!"

lol

turners56
09-28-2008, 05:13 PM
I told Mets fans that Manual was a bad manager and he will not take them to the promised land because he's Jerry Manual. Look what happened!

SteveFakeBlood
09-28-2008, 05:33 PM
The last week has been bad, but can you imagine how much more it sucks for Mets fans? They were pretty much guaranteed the NL pennant by the baseball world before the season and expected to win it by their fans- so they miss the playoffs. We were picked to finish 3rd or 4th and not give the Kitties or Wahoos too much trouble on their supposed romp through the American League and we're still alive.

I'm torn on this one- I guess it doesn't matter any more. But on one hand, I thought the Mets had a better chance of beating the Flubs, on the other it's cool to see the Brew Crew make the playoffs for the first time in my lifetime.

~Steve

chisoxfanatic
09-28-2008, 05:42 PM
I honestly think the Dodgers are a more difficult task for the Cubs to solve than the Mets, so I guess this is OK.

Frankfan4life
09-28-2008, 05:59 PM
I feel for the Mets and their fans. For two years in a row they have been eliminated from the playoffs when they had very high expectations at the beginning of the season.

It's especially tough to be eliminated from the playoffs in your own ballpark on the last day of the season and the last day in your old ballpark. I feel their pain because if we don't win the next two games, we will be suffering a similar fate.

oeo
09-29-2008, 12:47 AM
I wouldn't want to face the Brewers right now, they are rolling (and Ned Yost-less). It was only against the Pirates and an already clinched Cubs team, but all it takes is momentum.

RockJock07
09-29-2008, 12:52 AM
I honestly think the Dodgers are a more difficult task for the Cubs to solve than the Mets, so I guess this is OK.

I think this is worst case for the Cubs. I know that anything can happen in the playoffs but the Mets would have ushered the Cubs to the NLCS in 3 games. The Mets are awful.

The Dodgers have a very underrated rotation and a pretty damn good bullpen oh and Manny who is going to be Manny. This is a good team and the Cubs will have their work cut out for them, I'll be very interested to watch this series.

DSpivack
09-29-2008, 01:01 AM
I wouldn't want to face the Brewers right now, they are rolling (and Ned Yost-less). It was only against the Pirates and an already clinched Cubs team, but all it takes is momentum.

That should be a very good series. Ryan Braun, Prince Fielder, Chase Utley, Ryan Howard, and Jimmy Rollins; CC Sabathia could be the difference maker. He's the only real impact pitcher on either side, but certainly doesn't have a good track record in the playoffs.

EuroSox35
09-29-2008, 01:05 AM
Yeah, even with Johan, I thought the Mets would've been a breeze for the Cubs. Now you have a likely possibility of facing both the Phillies and the Dodgers, (Dodgers one of the best pitching staff and pen, while Phillies also one of the best pens). This could bite them...