PDA

View Full Version : Lots o' Sox News!

Soxheads
05-16-2002, 06:58 PM
White Sox sign Kieshnick, Buford to minor league deals

May 16, 2002 7:41 PM (EDT)

CHICAGO (AP) - The Chicago White Sox signed free agent outfielders Damon Buford and Brooks Kieshnick to minor-league contracts Thursday.

Buford, 31, spent nine seasons in the majors with five teams, most recently the Cubs last season. Kieshnick, a first-round pick of the Cubs in the 1993 draft, has appeared in 173 games with the Cubs, Reds and Rockies.

The White Sox also acquired outfielder Anthony Sanders from Triple-A Louisville in the Cincinnati organization for future considerations and transferred the option of infielder Jason Dellaero from Triple-A Charlotte to Double-A Birmingham.

Sanders has played in 13 major league games with the Blue Jays and Mariners.

rmusacch
05-16-2002, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads
White Sox sign Kieshnick, Buford to minor league deals

May 16, 2002 7:41 PM (EDT)

CHICAGO (AP) - The Chicago White Sox signed free agent outfielders Damon Buford and Brooks Kieshnick to minor-league contracts Thursday.

Buford, 31, spent nine seasons in the majors with five teams, most recently the Cubs last season. Kieshnick, a first-round pick of the Cubs in the 1993 draft, has appeared in 173 games with the Cubs, Reds and Rockies.

The White Sox also acquired outfielder Anthony Sanders from Triple-A Louisville in the Cincinnati organization for future considerations and transferred the option of infielder Jason Dellaero from Triple-A Charlotte to Double-A Birmingham.

Sanders has played in 13 major league games with the Blue Jays and Mariners.

What is the deal with signing two ex-Scrubbies on the same day? :angry:

DrCrawdad
05-16-2002, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
[B]

What is the deal with signing two ex-Scrubbies on the same day?

Signing Buford to a minor league contract maybe a favor or out of appreciation for Damon's dad - a former Sox player.

Garrison
05-16-2002, 08:30 PM
So we finally make some moves, but they are for three minor league outfielders. What's the gameplan there? I heard that Kieshnick was being converted to a pitcher by his last team. Well we didn't give anyone up and added three to our farm system, so it all seems like a good deal to me.

Saracen
05-16-2002, 09:27 PM
Kieschnick pitched at UT, so it's not much of a stretch to try to convert him.

Randar68
05-17-2002, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Saracen
Kieschnick pitched at UT, so it's not much of a stretch to try to convert him.

Also, by moving Dellaero back to AA, I still don't think they'll start him there as a Pitcher. I hope he realizes he won't make it as a SS and accepts a move to P and soon. I wouldn't think they'd start him much higher than High-A ball at best.