PDA

View Full Version : I just decided to go to today's game. How about you?

clarkent
09-28-2008, 11:40 AM
Alright, I have been a member on here for years and have never done one of these "glass is half full" posts. There is an old saying: "Out of the mouths of babes..." My 7 year old just convinced me--How? He reminded me that I told him and his little league team this year when they had 2 outs, 2 runs down, and 2 men on, I told them not to give up--because baseball can change quickly and that we were going to celebrate a walk off victory to get to the championship, You know what? They did it and then pulled off an upset to win it all.

The lesson, I learned just now is the one I told him: To believe because anything in baseball can change quickly.

So I am going, and they will win today and tomorrow and if necessary Tuesday.

White Sox fans we as a group of fans-- deal with a lot. We are treated like second class citizens-- Who cares! Get out there and cheer the Sox.

manders_01
09-28-2008, 11:42 AM
If the plane would go fast enough, I'd go too. And I hate going to day games! :D:

I'll be watching at home though. My Twins fan neighbor will know exactly what's going on with our game. :wink:

MeteorsSox4367
09-28-2008, 11:45 AM
I'll be at the nephews' football games (love the kids, even though they're Cubs fans) with my Cub-loving sister and Cub-loving brother-in-law. I'll have my radio to listen to Buehrle's season-saving gem.

Go Sox! Go Royals!

ode to veeck
09-28-2008, 11:47 AM
Being 1500 miles away and with a tennis match booked at game time, I'll have to settle for a media self-blackout until I get home later and watch the DVR replay