PDA

View Full Version : Let's get behind them!

bnlfanmatt
09-28-2008, 12:02 PM
If anyone wants to leave this team behind right now, go ahead. Many of you might be frustrated, flabbergasted, furious and forlorn, but nothing is over. They're at their second longest winning streak of the season (5 games, longest was 6,) and they'll snap out of it. They'll win today, and regardless of what the Twins do, they'll play tomorrow against the Tigers and then win, and if the Twins win today they'll have to play them in a one-game playoff here at U.S. Cellular Field. Our House. If the Twins lose today, and when the Sox win both days that'll be the division. Not if, when. If you don't want to cheer, don't want to think positive, don't want to believe that good can happen, leave right now. No dark clouds. This isn't an easy battle, but this isn't a mountain to climb either. Get out there, cheer 'em on, and let's do this!

(I'm not out there today because I have strep throat, :whiner: so cheer harder for me.)

ode to veeck
09-28-2008, 12:32 PM
the fat lady still hasn't sung yet and can go home after the Sox beat up Cleveland today and the Twinks lose again

GO SOX

Konerkoholic
09-28-2008, 12:39 PM
Oh, I've been cheering for 'em, and will continue to do so today. I've never had a team try my patience to this level, though. GO SOX.

soltrain21
09-28-2008, 12:46 PM
Fans were behind them last night and they **** the bed yet again. They need to hit and pitch the ball, and that has nothing to do with me saying, "Go Sox!"

tick53
09-28-2008, 12:48 PM
:notoons

Let's Do This
South Siders

MarkPloch
09-28-2008, 12:55 PM
I'm with them. But, are they with themselves?

socaljeff
09-28-2008, 12:57 PM
If anyone wants to leave this team behind right now, go ahead. Many of you might be frustrated, flabbergasted, furious and forlorn, but nothing is over. They're at their second longest winning streak of the season (5 games, longest was 6,) and they'll snap out of it. They'll win today, and regardless of what the Twins do, they'll play tomorrow against the Tigers and then win, and if the Twins win today they'll have to play them in a one-game playoff here at U.S. Cellular Field. Our House. If the Twins lose today, and when the Sox win both days that'll be the division. Not if, when. If you don't want to cheer, don't want to think positive, don't want to believe that good can happen, leave right now. No dark clouds. This isn't an easy battle, but this isn't a mountain to climb either. Get out there, cheer 'em on, and let's do this!

(I'm not out there today because I have strep throat, :whiner: so cheer harder for me.)

Time for another drink!!:gulp:

LoveYourSuit
09-28-2008, 01:20 PM
These threads of support are getting tireding, just like Hawk and Brooks promoting 4,000 seats remaining to go see a crappy baseball team.

The fans have been there supporting this nonesense the entire time, the players have not responded.

Just go out and win the damn game for once.

EuroSox35
09-28-2008, 01:21 PM
Desperate times call for desperate measures, I'm back to my 05 run pregame routine, down to the clothes I'm wearing (facial hair is close too). I'm pumped, let's hope the players feel the same...

thomas35forever
09-28-2008, 01:26 PM
It's simple: win and we play tomorrow. Lose and we have to hope for the best again. Please, Sox. Don't let today be the last day of the season!

SteveFakeBlood
09-28-2008, 01:37 PM
These threads of support are getting tireding, just like Hawk and Brooks promoting 4,000 seats remaining to go see a crappy baseball team.

The fans have been there supporting this nonesense the entire time, the players have not responded.

Just go out and win the damn game for once.

And yet there are still at least just as many dark cloud threads. People were moaning before the game on Thursday about the season being over. This thread is just a response to the overall defeatist attitude that has come over this board. This team has a history of letting down its fans by blowing it at the end of the year- just within my lifetime- 96', '03 and '06 are pretty vivid (of course '94 was just as heartbreaking- because we never got a chance to blow it or not), we're not Cubs fans- no one's saying this team is World Series title material- but it's just not over until that "E" is next to our name on the standings.

I give you lots of credit for at least hoping for a win though, it seems certain people on this board would rather be right than see the Sox win.

~Steve

slavko
09-28-2008, 01:40 PM
It's simple: win and we play tomorrow. Lose and we have to hope for the best again. Please, Sox. Don't let today be the last day of the season!

Ol' buddies, I've just been struck by the thought that this could all be over in 3 hours or so. All the speculation about makeup, playin, and playoff games...gone in a breath. That can't happen, can it? Is that the reason they put the Bears on at night? I don't even get that excited over the Bears, but NU is 5-0!

LoveYourSuit
09-28-2008, 02:10 PM
And yet there are still at least just as many dark cloud threads. People were moaning before the game on Thursday about the season being over. This thread is just a response to the overall defeatist attitude that has come over this board. This team has a history of letting down its fans by blowing it at the end of the year- just within my lifetime- 96', '03 and '06 are pretty vivid (of course '94 was just as heartbreaking- because we never got a chance to blow it or not), we're not Cubs fans- no one's saying this team is World Series title material- but it's just not over until that "E" is next to our name on the standings.

I give you lots of credit for at least hoping for a win though, it seems certain people on this board would rather be right than see the Sox win.

~Steve

I want them to win as much as the next guy here, but at some point enough is enough. The players need to get the job done on their own.

I've seen some of the dumbest things said on this board about supporting and not supporting the team. Some guy was urging Sox fans to go to Mass and pray for team. Are you kidding me? :scratch:

Just get the ****ing job done.

That's all.