PDA

View Full Version : Question about Tomorrow and Tuesday games

Rockabilly
09-28-2008, 11:00 AM
I see that rain is in the forecast for both days..

Would MLB move these games to Milwaukee or would they postponed the games and Tampa bay would just have to wait..

FielderJones
09-28-2008, 11:05 AM
The forecast (http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/60616) is for PM thundershowers; with the game starting at 1:00 I expect them to get it in. Few showers are predicted for Tuesday. I can't imagine MLB moving these games.

BubblingCalderon
09-28-2008, 12:32 PM
I remember a few Years back (late 90s) The Reds needed to win on the last day of the season at County Stadium in Milwaukee to either clinch the division or force a one game playoff. I think the game time was 1pm but it rained all day in Milwaukee. ESPN news was reporting they would be playing that game when it stopped raining no matter what time that was. Late that evening, closer to 9pm, my friend and I began kicking around the idea of making the trip to Milwaukee to watch this game. Before we made up our mind They reported the game would start in 30 minutes so we wouldn't be able to make it to the game. I think the game started at 10 or 11pm and the Reds lost.

I believe they would play these games even if they weren't able to get them underway until 3 am