PDA

View Full Version : We Are Not The Only Ones

MCHSoxFan
09-28-2008, 11:45 AM
Last night I was real mad, once again, of what happened. I needed to vent. So, I went to Gate 4 and waited for my friend who works Scout security. Now, this guy knows EVERYTHING about the Sox. EVERYTHING. Stuff WE, don't know or would ever think about happening. Yes, WSI knows nothing compared to this guy... He told me things that made me feel a bit better and gave me the 2009 line-up and why we really got Jim Thome. That was just last night. Now after that, I was went over talk to another friend. We stayed about an hour and a half after the game. In that matter of time I saw JR walk out mad, Brooks disgusted. Now, you guys will say well yeah, cause to them it is all about the $$$. Okay, fine. The guy I was talking to is BA's doorman. About 10:30, BA and Paulie walk out. They look sad. My friend (Doorman) makes a comment to BA. Then, they (BA/Paulie) get into BA's truck and leave. THEY WANT THIS TOO AND THEY ARE ARE JUST AS MAD. Same with Griff. He wants a ring real, REAL bad. He was the 1st one to leave that place. THEY WANT THIS!!!

LITTLE NELL
09-28-2008, 11:49 AM
Last night I was real mad, once again, of what happened. I needed to vent. So, I went to Gate 4 and waited for my friend who works Scout security. Now, this guy knows EVERYTHING about the Sox. EVERYTHING. Stuff WE, don't know or would ever think about happening. Yes, WSI knows nothing compared to this guy... He told me things that made me feel a but better and gave me the 2009 line-up and why we really got Jim Thome. That was just last night. Now after that, I was went over talk to another friend. We stayed about an hour and a half after the game. In that matter of time I saw JR walk out mad, Brooks disgusted. Now, you guys will say well yeah, cause to them it is all about the $$$. Okay, fine. The guy I was talking to is BA's doorman. About 10:30, BA and Paulie walk out. They look sad. My friend (Doorman) makes a comment to BA. Then, they (BA/Paulie) get into BA's truck and leave. THEY WANT THIS TOO AND THERE ARE UST AS MAD. Same with Griff. He wants a ring real, REAL bad. He was the 1st one to leave that place. THEY WANT THIS!!!
Whats the answer to why we really got Thome?

MCHSoxFan
09-28-2008, 11:51 AM
Whats the answer to why we really got Thome?

lol not the point of this post. Not to be a... but I don't reall say because we are not supposed to know and because knowing WSI I will get bashed for saying the reason. I am too mad about the Sox I really do not want to be called a liar, etc.

slavko
09-28-2008, 11:56 AM
lol not the point of this post. Not to be a... but I don't reall say because we are not supposed to know and because knowing WSI I will get bashed for saying the reason. I am too mad about the Sox I really do not want to be called a liar, etc.

My guess:Has something to do with Frank Thomas.

LITTLE NELL
09-28-2008, 11:59 AM
Thats cool on the Thome thing. I'm sure our guys are not quiting and are as pissed off about whats happenned in the last month as we are.
Lets just hope that they can win today and Monday.

MCHSoxFan
09-28-2008, 12:01 PM

Well, um, Thomas left and then we got Jim yeah. BUT WHY JIM? That is what I am saying.

MCHSoxFan
09-28-2008, 12:02 PM
Thats cool on the Thome thing. I'm sure our guys are not quiting and are as pissed off about whats happenned in the last month as we are.
Lets just hope that they can win today and Monday.

For sure!!!!

tstrike2000
Last night I was real mad, once again, of what happened. I needed to vent. So, I went to Gate 4 and waited for my friend who works Scout security. Now, this guy knows EVERYTHING about the Sox. EVERYTHING. Stuff WE, don't know or would ever think about happening. Yes, WSI knows nothing compared to this guy... He told me things that made me feel a bit better and gave me the 2009 line-up and why we really got Jim Thome. That was just last night. Now after that, I was went over talk to another friend. We stayed about an hour and a half after the game. In that matter of time I saw JR walk out mad, Brooks disgusted. Now, you guys will say well yeah, cause to them it is all about the $$$. Okay, fine. The guy I was talking to is BA's doorman. About 10:30, BA and Paulie walk out. They look sad. My friend (Doorman) makes a comment to BA. Then, they (BA/Paulie) get into BA's truck and leave. THEY WANT THIS TOO AND THEY ARE ARE JUST AS MAD. Same with Griff. He wants a ring real, REAL bad. He was the 1st one to leave that place. THEY WANT THIS!!!

That's cool and all you have friends in high places and got to see some of the guys come out of the ballpark. It's just bizarre you mentioning that there's a reason we got Thome, but no one's supposed to know the real reason we got him. I didn't know Thome was really like an Area 51 military coverup. We got him probably because we needed a DH.

BleacherBandit
It's funny how we're totaly disregarding the reason for this thread, but I think we'd like to know the real reason why we got Thome, if this guy is correct anyways...

MCHSoxFan
09-28-2008, 12:04 PM
That's cool and all you have friends in high places and got to see some of the guys come out of the ballpark. It's just bizarre you mentioning that there's a reason we got Thome, but no one's supposed to know the real reason we got him. I didn't know Thome was really like an Area 51 military coverup. We got him probably because we needed a DH.

As I said, yeah we needed a DH cause Frank left. I am saying I know why we got JT for us to DH.

BleacherBandit
09-28-2008, 12:05 PM
As I said, yeah we needed a DH cause Frank left. I am saying I know why we got JT for us to DH.

Oh, is it because he's from Peoria?

MCHSoxFan
It's funny how we're totaly disregarding the reason for this thread, but I think we'd like to know the real reason why we got Thome, if this guy is correct anyways...

The guy is correct. BELIEVE ME!!! This guy went to every post-season game with the team on the plain, was in the hotel rooms, sat in the dugouts, and got a WS05 watch. But yeah this has turned into a JT thread.

TheCommander

And what the hell is the point of saying so if you are just going to be coy? :scratch: Just sounds like you are bull****ting to me. :rolleyes:

MCHSoxFan
09-28-2008, 12:09 PM
And what the hell is the point of saying so if you are just going to be coy? :scratch: Just sounds like you are bull****ting to me. :rolleyes:

EXACTLY why I do NOT want to post. Cause even if I do post, some idiot will say bull ****. THIS IS NOT THE POINT OF THE ****ING THREAD!!!! IT IS TO SHOW THAT THE PLAYERS ARE MAD AND SAD AND PISSED TOO!!!!

BleacherBandit
09-28-2008, 12:10 PM
EXACTLY why I do NOT want to post. Cause even if I do post, some idiot will say bull ****. THIS IS NOT THE POINT OF THE ****ING THREAD!!!! IT IS TO SHOW THAT THE PLAYERS ARE MAD AND SAD AND PISSED TOO!!!!

Haha, I really do want to know. Could you PM me?

mccoydp
09-28-2008, 12:12 PM
Jesus Christ, why bring up Thome if you're not going to divulge your little "secret"?

We get it, the players are pissed. Now get on to the good stuff. :redneck

Scottiehaswheels
09-28-2008, 12:13 PM
I too call bull**** just to watch MCH's head explode. :D:

SBSoxFan
09-28-2008, 12:14 PM

Because he's a lefty and can't play the field? :dunno:

The point of the thread, however, is a good one. And the attitude here has really been bothering me the last week. People here have no idea what's going through these guys heads. Furthermore, 99.9%+ of us here have no idea what it takes to be a professional athlete.

You can say they choked or that they simply weren't good enough. But to say they're spineless or that the Sox have quite is just embarrassing.

Scottiehaswheels
09-28-2008, 12:15 PM
My guess, and this has been mentioned before, is because Konerko wanted some protection and would have left if he hadn't gotten it. Not extremely mind blowing.

captain54
09-28-2008, 12:16 PM
I too have insider info on the Sox, and know the real reason why the Sox acquired Thome.

It's because he gives good backrubs and foot massages to all the players, coaches, Ozzie, KW and JR.

There, the secret is out.

Gammons Peter
09-28-2008, 12:18 PM
Jesus Christ, why bring up Thome if you're not going to divulge your little "secret"?

I like how some security guy knows the 2009 lineup...even before Kenny has signed them

Konerkoholic
09-28-2008, 12:24 PM
I like how some security guy knows the 2009 lineup...even before Kenny has signed them

Haha, I know! Obviously not true.

manders_01
09-28-2008, 12:26 PM

Then you shouldn't have mentioned it. Of course people are going to be curious after you brought it up. Don't get mad at others for acting on basic human nature.

TommyJohn
09-28-2008, 12:27 PM

Then why did you even post it? Just to show off that you have friends with connections? If it wasn't the "POINT OF THE ****ING THREAD!!!!"
quote, unquote then you had no business putting it in there in the first place. And now.......EEEEEERRRRGGGHHHH. I have never been banned and do not want to be over you, so I'll stop now.

whitesoxwilkes
09-28-2008, 12:29 PM
If you are going to come to WSI and make bold statements, you better be ready to back them up. Otherwise, you're open for attack.

puckereduppiet
09-28-2008, 12:34 PM

FYI...reread before you post. Use the edit option. IMO stop drinking/sneaking the free beer in the scout section.

soltrain21
09-28-2008, 12:42 PM
I go to games which means I'm "in the know" just about as much as the security guard. Maybe the "MILLLLERRRRRR LLLITTEEEEEE" guy knows how much Gordon Beckham will make in arbitration.

This is airplane cellphone gate pt. 2.

Harry Potter
09-28-2008, 12:45 PM
Guys, all you are doing is feeding MCH's ego.

Kid - go put on your green AJ jersey shirt, get your grandma, and head over to 333 W. 35th Street and bring home a victory as you do all your Ritalin-induced antics on TV.

mccoydp
09-28-2008, 12:49 PM

Kid - go put on your green AJ jersey shirt, get your grandma, and head over to 333 W. 35th Street and bring home a victory as you do all your Ritalin-induced antics on TV.

Post of the weekend, IMO. :thumbsup:

HartmanSox
09-28-2008, 12:57 PM
I just lost a few brain cells reading this thread.

Juice16
09-28-2008, 12:58 PM

You did this to yourself. If JT was not the point, why did you bring it up? I'm sure we all appreciate your incite but don't bring up something like this and not expect us to want to know.

LoveYourSuit
09-28-2008, 01:02 PM

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
This is probably the most pathetic thread I have seen on this board:

To summarize the dumbness:

1. Security guy knows the 2009 line-up before anyone else
2. Brooks, JR, BA, Paulie --- They are all mad.....No ****, that's breaking news?
3. Griffey leaves before everyone else but he is despartate for a ring
4. The Big Secret of the Jim Thome pick up ...... 3 ****ING YEARS AGO! ...and yer ZERO post season results.

We have hit an all-time low here.

Frankfan4life
09-28-2008, 01:10 PM
All I want to know from this security guy is when are the Sox going to finally pitch and hit like a ML team and win this division (or a game even)???? Any other info is useless.

BleacherBandit
09-28-2008, 05:09 PM

Wait, that guy is MCH? The big guy who sits behind homeplate sometimes and yells at all the players with the green White Sox gear?

spongyfungy
09-28-2008, 05:13 PM

+1

co-signed. etc. why mention it if you're not going to "reveal" it. It's the internet version of "I know something you don't know nanny nanny boo boo"

UofCSoxFan
09-28-2008, 06:03 PM
I can't be the only one that is sick of these posts either questioning whether the players care or confirming that they care.

They care. I don't need inside information to tell me this.

Harry Potter
09-28-2008, 06:11 PM
I can't be the only one that is sick of these posts either questioning whether the players care or confirming that they care.

They care. I don't need inside information to tell me this.

Exactly. I'm even more sick because this thread is nothing more then MCH having a seizure at his keyboard with Caps Lock on

Adele_H
09-28-2008, 06:23 PM
Well, um, Thomas left and then we got Jim yeah. BUT WHY JIM?

Femme fatale.

Long story short... JR was wronged and wants blood.

Thome is a mercenary contract killer-for-hire with local affiliations; acquiring him "at a bargain" provided a cover.

Don't tell noone - and I mean, noone. I mean it. Noone.

ebit
09-28-2008, 06:33 PM
Hey guys guess what! The players care about the season! Btrw I have really solid inside information on roster mixups for next season and the real reason Quentin is on the DL BUT DON'T ASK ME ABOUT IT THAT'S NOT THE TOPIC!

whtsox13
09-28-2008, 07:10 PM
Could it be that Konerko was not going to re-sign with us if we didn't get Thome? That was no secret.

MISoxfan
09-28-2008, 07:15 PM
This is the best thread.

chisoxfanatic
09-28-2008, 07:25 PM
Could it be that Konerko was not going to re-sign with us if we didn't get Thome? That was no secret.
No. Jerry was gonna cell the Sox if Thome didn't come here.:tongue:

PaleHoseGeorge
09-28-2008, 08:19 PM
This is the best thread.

It definitely has that chisoxtony cellphone vibe about it, doesn't it?

:wink:

I'm going to check in with my inside contact at Sox Park tomorrow, the barmaid at the Bullpen Sports Bar. She has the inside dish on what is going on with Sox nacho cheese and who inside the front office is royally pissed off about the new supplier of jalapenos... then I'll come here and tease you over what tasty bits I refuse to reveal.

:cool:

chisoxfanatic
09-28-2008, 08:22 PM

I'm going to check in with my inside contact at Sox Park tomorrow, the barmaid at the Bullpen Sports Bar. She has the inside dish on what is going on with Sox nacho cheese and who inside the front office is royally pissed off about the new supplier of jalapenos... then I'll come here and tease you over what tasty bits I refuse to reveal.

I know you never left us to begin with; but, it's so nice to see you posting again, PHG! :smile:

areilly
09-28-2008, 08:25 PM
Don't Tase me, bro! You've got the scoop on Thome, let's hear it.

doublem23
09-28-2008, 09:04 PM

KW is a reverse racist!!!

:KW
Only white players are allowed to DH as long as I'm in charge!

whitesoxwilkes
09-28-2008, 09:26 PM

Kelly makes a mean Bloody Mary, I tell you what.

mccoydp
09-28-2008, 09:50 PM
This thread has tremendous replay value. I've checked back into it at least 10 times today. :thumbsup:

soltrain21
09-28-2008, 10:02 PM
KW is a reverse racist!!!

:KW
Only white players are allowed to DH as long as I'm in charge!

In four years this security guard is going to know "The Secret Tales of Sean Casey."

guillensdisciple
09-28-2008, 10:04 PM

HAHAHAHA I knew something was up with the nacho cheese.....

Bobby Jenks
09-28-2008, 10:05 PM

Because he's a Twin killer? That's a big reason we got Griffey

soxwon
09-28-2008, 10:07 PM
Haha, I really do want to know. Could you PM me?

Its so we can trade him, and Thomas joins us next year.

Bucky F. Dent
09-28-2008, 10:09 PM

So, the other players are pissed because Thome is the DH.:D:

soxwon
09-28-2008, 10:15 PM
No. Jerry was gonna cell the Sox if Thome didn't come here.:tongue:

thome was gonna go to the cubs, so we got him first.

fusillirob1983
09-28-2008, 10:16 PM
The real reason we got Thome: KW heard through the grapevine that back when Thome was on the Indians, he always envied the Sox's ability to finish in second place, miss the postseason and not have to play so many freaking games!

I don't think teal is necessary.

dakuda
09-28-2008, 10:22 PM

So why would you add the other tidbit? If you don't want to post something, why bring it up?

I am confuzzled.

TornLabrum
09-28-2008, 10:38 PM
My IQ has dropped 80 points reading this thread.

A. Cavatica
09-28-2008, 10:42 PM
Assuming there's a sinister hidden motive -- as opposed to "we needed a lefty bat", or "we wanted to make PK happy" -- then I would guess it has something to do with wanting someone to hit his 500th career home run for us, since Frank wasn't going to.

rocky biddle
09-28-2008, 10:48 PM
I wonder if Mrs. Rowand has any inside info. about this?

pmck003
09-28-2008, 11:08 PM
Here's a clue:

http://www.heatwavecharters.com/pics/CHICAGO%20WHITE%20SOX.jpg

Domeshot17
09-28-2008, 11:17 PM
Here's a clue:

hahahahaha nice hat Paulie

manders_01
09-29-2008, 12:29 AM
Here's a clue:

Paulie's sportin a SWEET hat!

Rohan
09-29-2008, 12:47 AM
Here's a clue:

Who are the other two guys?
The one on the far left and the one between konerko and thome?

LoveYourSuit
09-29-2008, 12:55 AM
The one on the far left and the one between konerko and thome?

One of them is MCH 65lbs ago and the other guy is the security guy who appears to have more inside informaiton on the 2009 roster than Kenny and JR put together.

:rolleyes:

Vernam
09-29-2008, 12:55 AM
The one on the far left and the one between konerko and thome?The other two will bat 1 and 2 in our 2009 lineup.

Based on the thread title, am I the only one disappointed this wasn't about extraterrestrials?

Vernam

DSpivack
09-29-2008, 01:06 AM
The other two will bat 1 and 2 in our 2009 lineup.

Based on the thread title, am I the only one disappointed this wasn't about extraterrestrials?

Vernam

What you don't know is that it actually is. The reason we traded for Jim Thome is that KW knew two years ahead of time that we'd be trading for Carlos Quentin. Thome is on the secret. TCQ is actually a visitor from another planet. Ozzie, coming from a nearby planet as TCQ, knows this and must protect their secret.

Nellie_Fox
09-29-2008, 02:08 AM
Don't tell noone - and I mean, noone. I mean it. Noone.http://www.barikada.com/slike01/peter_noone_herman.jpegWhy are you so concerned that people not inform me, Peter Noone of Herman's Hermits? What would I do with the information?

MISoxfan
09-29-2008, 02:22 AM
That was his only rule and you broke it!

Also I was hoping the Hawk and DJ's travels thread was about a time machine.

EuroSox35
09-29-2008, 02:34 AM

:rolling:

NSFWSoxFan
09-29-2008, 05:57 AM
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/9200/3267313240x240frontlg3.jpg

tebman
09-29-2008, 09:33 AM
http://www.barikada.com/slike01/peter_noone_herman.jpegWhy are you so concerned that people not inform me, Peter Noone of Herman's Hermits? What would I do with the information?

:rolling:

No one appreciated that more than I did. :wink:

Jurr
09-29-2008, 12:45 PM
I, too, have some inside information for Sox fans. I have a friend that works deep inside the lower levels of the 'cell as a concessions manager. I spent all day down there before the opener this year. Here's the juicy details.

1. It's very dark and clammy in the lower levels.
2. Old Sox paintings are found on some of the walls.
3. A majority of people that work for the Sox are really Cubs fans. They turn TVs on downstairs to watch the Cubs play.
4. The concessions/suite managers are BEGGING for the Sox to win Monday and Tuesday, because they need playoff bucks to meet their original quotas for the year.

That's all I gots. Juicy, huh? :tongue:

Nellie_Fox
09-29-2008, 12:48 PM
A majority of people that work for the Sox are really Cubs fans. They turn TVs on downstairs to watch the Cubs play. They should be fired. There's an old cowboy saying: "If you take a man's money you should ride for his brand."

Jurr
09-29-2008, 12:50 PM
They should be fired. There's an old cowboy saying: "If you take a man's money you should ride for his brand."
I totally agree.

EuroSox35
09-30-2008, 12:35 AM
Just look for the only person in the stadium tomorrow in green...(maybe you can follow him as he gets some more inside info)

areilly
09-30-2008, 11:00 AM
Just look for the only person in the stadium tomorrow in green...(maybe you can follow him as he gets some more inside info)

He should hold up a sign that tells us why the Sox really traded for Jim Thome. Then we'll know it's him.

Maybe it has something to with Rowand more than it does with Thome (or Frank). Or maybe this is stupid.

All I know is there's a sweet Sox ad painted on a building on the north side of Archer somewhere just east of Ashland. There's a profile shot of Thome swinging the bat and above it is the word "POWER." Maybe JR is well-connected in the outdoor advertising industry and thought Thome was more photogenic than other Sox players at the time.