PDA

View Full Version : Sound Familliar?

AzureJazzMan
09-28-2008, 02:25 AM
Just like all of you, my fellow White Sox fans, I am, and continue to be, extremely disappointed in this team. Their lack of “passion” and “swagger” fly in the face of their 2008 slogan, and the tag of “Chicago Tough” by their GM.

I am and have constantly been looking for something to pick up my spirits (since appears that Da Rev has retired). So, while reading some old articles about our 2005 squad, (for the warm fuzzies associated with them) I accidentally stumbled upon a link and clicked it. For some odd reason, instead of back-clicking, I decided to tread forward for the heck of it, and read the page for the distraction.

I read it completely, and wanted to cut and paste portions to share with all of you. I then remembered that that is illegal to do here in WSI.

So, I now post the link HERE (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_St._Louis_Cardinals_season) for you to review.

Now, I may be off my rocker here...But, after you read the link, you tell me…Does it sound familiar? Or am I the only one that sees lots of parallels in this team and that one?

I will wish for the best, and hope that it is an omen of things to come to the SouthSide for the 2008 campaign. If not…I guess I will have to turn to the past again for happy thoughts, and look forward to 2009 and what our future could hold.

Call me Pollyanna...But, It Ain’t Over Yet!!!!

LITTLE NELL
09-28-2008, 06:02 AM
There must be a reason that we are still in this,lets get it done today and Monday.

WSox597
09-28-2008, 09:36 AM
I'm disappointed, but as the man says, it really isn't over just yet.

Here's hoping MB can pitch a gem, and the bullpen can stay in the pen, practicing for whatever it is most of them will be doing for a living next year.

BleacherBandit
09-28-2008, 10:37 AM
It's reassuring to read this, but the Cardinals didn't finish their season by squeaking by the team trailing them in their final game. We'll have to see before today is over.

DSpivack
09-28-2008, 11:02 AM
That Cardinals team won 100 games the season before and was struggling with injuries throughout 2006. They got healthy at the end of the season; that playoff team was essentially the 100 win team from the year before. It's hardly an apt comparison.

bluestar
09-28-2008, 11:32 AM
That Cardinals team won 100 games the season before and was struggling with injuries throughout 2006. They got healthy at the end of the season; that playoff team was essentially the 100 win team from the year before. It's hardly an apt comparison.

The injury thing is what everyone seems to forget about the 2006 Cardinals. Yes, they barely made it into the playoffs, but the timing was perfect for them as they had a lot of injured players who had just returned. Also, Jeff Weaver miraculously stepped up and lived up to his potential for once.