PDA

View Full Version : Frank Can Retire as a White Sox

Sox4ever77
09-28-2008, 01:22 AM
At to bottom of this story, it says JT Snow retired as a Giant. He signed a one day contract, took BP, and then walked off the field as a Giant.

Maybe Frank can do this sometime next year.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-dodgers28-2008sep28,0,3267488.story

chaerulez
09-28-2008, 08:51 AM
I've always found that pretty silly. I remember Jerry Rice did that. What's the point? I don't think I even have to mention what team Rice did it with because we already know the team he's associated with for his career. Same with Frank. If they want to do it for some PR move, whatever, but it doesn't diminish or enhance his White Sox career because he signed a one day contract with us and retired.

pierzynski07
09-28-2008, 09:43 AM
At to bottom of this story, it says JT Snow retired as a Giant. He signed a one day contract, took BP, and then walked off the field as a Giant.

Maybe Frank can do this sometime next year.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-dodgers28-2008sep28,0,3267488.story
Well duh! Who said he couldn't?

downstairs
09-28-2008, 09:45 AM
Its stupid. Who actually remembers this off-the-field nonsense? Now, if we get him into one game at least, then I'll accept it.

If we're out of the playoff race, or if we've clinched and it doesn't matter: maybe put him in for a few series?

anewman35
09-28-2008, 11:27 AM
Its stupid. Who actually remembers this off-the-field nonsense? Now, if we get him into one game at least, then I'll accept it.

If we're out of the playoff race, or if we've clinched and it doesn't matter: maybe put him in for a few series?

That's assuming that either Frank or the White Sox would have any desire to do this, and I suspect it might be a no on both counts.

captainclutch24
09-28-2008, 11:52 AM
Frank would probably want 10 mil. to retire as a White Sox

munchman33
09-28-2008, 12:09 PM

He'd probably settle for an apology from Kenny Williams.

Frontman
09-28-2008, 12:14 PM
He'd probably settle for an apology from Kenny Williams.

Both the apology and the ten mill have the same chance of coming to Frank. Sad thing is, I don't see KW (unless ordered) all of a sudden making nice with Frank.

That being said, I definately see them retiring his number/honoring him at the Cell next year or definately the year following. Might of drove me nuts; but he's the first Hall of Famer who will represent the White Sox going in during my adult lifetime.

LoveYourSuit
09-28-2008, 12:15 PM

And a new record label.