PDA

View Full Version : Maybe they should turn off the scoreboard showing the KC/Min game

sunofgold
09-28-2008, 01:37 AM
Just a thought. I know that this team is trying to win every game. However, maybe subconsciously they are taking a different thought approach after they hear the Minnesota lost.

Ozzie even said in yesterday's postgame that he kinda wished that Minnesota had won as some form of motivation.

How about the players not knowing how Minnesota is doing tomorrow. Just totally focus on the game against Cleveland.

The fans could figure out who is winning the KC/Minn b/c of Blackberries, radios, etc. However, the place wouldn't erupt in unison where the final score flashes up on the screen. Thus, the players would be clueless on how the other game is going.

Just don't let anybody feed the score to the players. I guess though that the fans could yell out the score to the players on the field, but maybe it would be better if they didn't. Or lie.

BleacherBandit
09-28-2008, 01:45 AM
Just a thought. I know that this team is trying to win every game. However, maybe subconsciously they are taking a different thought approach after they hear the Minnesota lost.

Ozzie even said in yesterday's postgame that he kinda wished that Minnesota had won as some form of motivation.

How about the players not knowing how Minnesota is doing tomorrow. Just totally focus on the game against Cleveland.

The fans could figure out who is winning the KC/Minn b/c of Blackberries, radios, etc. However, the place wouldn't erupt in unison where the final score flashes up on the screen. Thus, the players would be clueless on how the other game is going.

Just don't let anybody feed the score to the players. I guess though that the fans could yell out the score to the players on the field, but maybe it would be better if they didn't. Or lie.

If anything I think that knowing the Twins had lost would be a motivation for the Sox to play better.

However, I don't think it's a lack of motivation, it's the bullpen. Plus, tomarrow is a day game for both teams, and we probably wouldn't get the news of a Twins loss until late in the game at least.

oeo
09-28-2008, 01:46 AM

You'd think the fans going crazy would pump them up. AJ killed any hope of that right afterwards...ugh.

JB98
09-28-2008, 01:48 AM
IMO, this is a non-issue.

sunofgold
09-28-2008, 01:58 AM
It is psychological. Of course, they are trying to win. But, you could play the game differently knowing you have to win to keep up with Twins vs. knowing that it would be a great opportunity to gain a game on the Twins.

The players really shouldn't scoreboard watch but they are human. I think that it is human nature. Even the act of watching and following the other game, could be a distraction and you lose focus on the game you are playing.

I am sorry. It is hard to explain.

You could be the starter pitcher sitting on WHITE SOX bench while you team hits. You look up to the scoreboard and see that KC has beaten Minnesota. It is in your mind. You might even think about it while you take the mound. It would be better to just focus on the game that you are playing.