PDA

View Full Version : We need to build a new team!!

sox57
09-27-2008, 11:39 PM
this team sucks!! i've been a sox fan since 1964. i've lived and died with every sox team. the team we have now is terrible. it's a softball team.. if paulie or tomme doesnt fly out to center, they hit into a double play. there is no clutch hitting, we cant advance a runner, steal a base or put pressure on a defense. ozzie continues to play jr. in center, when anderson is clearly the man for the pos.. the twins are desperately trying to give the div. champ. to the sox, but we dont have a clue, when was the last time we won a key game? i would love it if kenny would dump paulie, tomme(although i think he is mr. baseball, a great man) javier, contreras(sp), and griffy jr. i'll bet ozzie is envious when he sees a team like minnesota. thats the type of team he's made to manage.

Craig Grebeck
09-27-2008, 11:40 PM
this team sucks!! i've been a sox fan since 1964. i've lived and died with every sox team. the team we have now is terrible. it's a softball team.. if paulie or tomme doesnt fly out to center, they hit into a double play. there is no clutch hitting, we cant advance a runner, steal a base or put pressure on a defense. ozzie continues to play jr. in center, when anderson is clearly the man for the pos.. the twins are desperately trying to give the div. champ. to the sox, but we dont have a clue, when was the last time we won a key game? i would love it if kenny would dump paulie, tomme(although i think he is mr. baseball, a great man) javier, contreras(sp), and griffy jr. i'll bet ozzie is envious when he sees a team like minnesota. thats the type of team he's made to manage.
English, please.

Brian26
09-27-2008, 11:44 PM
this team sucks!! i've been a sox fan since 1964. i've lived and died with every sox team. the team we have now is terrible. it's a softball team.

Yes, the 1979 White Sox were much more talented than this team, what, with Claudell Washington batting cleanup and Ross Baumgarten leading the staff with nine wins.

CHISOXFAN13
09-27-2008, 11:44 PM
Tomme is my favorite player.

I don't know why but these threads make me feel better.

DSpivack
09-27-2008, 11:47 PM
Yes, the 1979 White Sox were much more talented than this team, what, with Claudell Washington batting cleanup and Ross Baumgarten leading the staff with nine wins.

One of my best friend's uncles, FWIW. Which is not much.

sox57
09-27-2008, 11:48 PM
English, please.
what dont you understand????

Daver
09-27-2008, 11:49 PM

Any of it, Learn to use the shift key.

Craig Grebeck
09-27-2008, 11:51 PM
Why people say the same thing, over and over and over yet again. The offense is fine. Are they responsible for the last two evenings?

sox57
09-27-2008, 11:56 PM
ok, so i dont capitalize or 'use the shift key'. are we posting or taking a english comp. test?! i've seen some pretty scary spelling and grammer on the internet...are you going to challenge me for not using a shift key??? is this your way of shifting attention away from a discussion you dont want to address? you sound like a cub fan!!!

DoItForDanPasqua
09-27-2008, 11:57 PM
Can we get this team ready by tomorrow? That would put us in a great position to win the World Series.

JB98
09-27-2008, 11:57 PM
Why people say the same thing, over and over and over yet again. The offense is fine. Are they responsible for the last two evenings?

People have been crying a river about Thome all year, but I saw Jim cut down his swing with two strikes and deliver an RBI single off a left-handed reliever who had previously given him fits tonight. Then, I saw Konerko launch his second bomb of the game to get us back in the hunt at 8-6.

I'm surprised that the finger is being pointed at those guys tonight.

Craig Grebeck
09-27-2008, 11:58 PM
ok, so i dont capitalize or 'use the shift key'. are we posting or taking a english comp. test?! i've seen some pretty scary spelling and grammer on the internet...are you going to challenge me for not using a shift key??? is this your way of shifting attention away from a discussion you dont want to address? you sound like a cub fan!!!
I'd love to talk about it. Give me specific ideas -- don't give me this vague "get rid of everybody" bull****. There has to be some feasibility, otherwise it's not worth my (or anyone else's) time.

DoItForDanPasqua
09-27-2008, 11:58 PM

:popcorn:

soltrain21
09-28-2008, 12:01 AM

Well, no; but they've been responsible for many other terrible evenings.

sox57
09-28-2008, 12:02 AM
i know tomme is a great player and his numbers arent bad, but he's not doing much lately. i turned the game off before paulie hit his homers. it hurt me too much after minn. lost and to see the sox choke afterward. this team breaks my heart. i want to see them in the play-offs, but i dont want a repeat of 2000.

Craig Grebeck
09-28-2008, 12:04 AM
i know tomme is a great player and his numbers arent bad, but he's not doing much lately. i turned the game off before paulie hit his homers. it hurt me too much after minn. lost and to see the sox choke afterward. this team breaks my heart. i want to see them in the play-offs, but i dont want a repeat of 2000.
So what's your point?
Well, no; but they've been responsible for many other terrible evenings.

Yeah. It's baseball. Tell me something I don't know.

The offense has been above average this season.

mccoydp
09-28-2008, 12:10 AM
Who's tomme? Can he hit? If so, we could use him.

sox57
09-28-2008, 12:20 AM
okay, we have too many slow home run hitters today. keep quentin in left, anderson in center(we have enough off. at this time to carry him) dye in right. fields at third, alexie at short, the new kid, free agent or uribe at second. paulie or swisher(not both) at first. aj behind the plate. danks, buerle, floyd, free agent and rookie?? we can keep one of the home run hitters besides dye(he is more versitale(sp). ozzie is a real baseball manager, he needs a team that can hit, bunt, steal, advance runners and hit with power. this team cant do all of that. pitching is the hardest thing to come by, but the sox are pretty close as far as the starters. we need to work on a consistant offense. p.s. our defense is pretty good too.

Craig Grebeck
09-28-2008, 12:24 AM
okay, we have too many slow home run hitters today. keep quentin in left, anderson in center(we have enough off. at this time to carry him) dye in right. fields at third, alexie at short, the new kid, free agent or uribe at second. paulie or swisher(not both) at first. aj behind the plate. danks, buerle, floyd, free agent and rookie?? we can keep one of the home run hitters besides dye(he is more versitale(sp). ozzie is a real baseball manager, he needs a team that can hit, bunt, steal, advance runners and hit with power. this team cant do all of that. pitching is the hardest thing to come by, but the sox are pretty close as far as the starters. we need to work on a consistant offense. p.s. our defense is pretty good too.
This is painful. You complain about our offense but say we have enough to have Anderson in CF (which is a point I agree with, but you are being contradictory).

Why on earth do you trade Vazquez and stick a rookie in the rotation?

KingXerxes
09-28-2008, 12:27 AM
I don't think an overhaul is necessarily in order - but I do think the addition of depth is a must.

This team is built relying on eight regulars. When they started going down (and all teams get injuries) or when some guys started slumping (as all players do), there is absolutely nobody to step in and fill the voids.

Chris Ronge on the post-game show took some caller to task for blaming Guillen and Williams. Ronge's point was how is it Guillen's fault that Swisher is hitting .115 for September, Dye is in a slump etc. etc.

As far as slumping players are concerned, one really can't blame Guillen for that - so in that respect Ronge is right. The sad fact that a slumping player can't be benched for a while and replaced with a serviceable sub lies squarely at the feet of Kenny Williams.

This team is too thin.

sox57
09-28-2008, 12:34 AM
because vasquez is only a .500 pitcher and he cant be counted on in big games. i know i contradicted myself about anderson, but for most of the year, we had enough off. and he isnt hitting any worse than griffy, but he would have gotten to alot of the extra base hits griffy didnt get to. after watching gomez rob the sox, it hurt more.

sox57
09-28-2008, 12:40 AM
the sox need to move away from so much power to a more balanced offence(sp).

BleacherBandit
09-28-2008, 12:42 AM
the sox need to move away from so much power to a more balanced offence(sp).

Stop stating the obvious. This has been said thousands of times the last few days, literaly...

GoGoCrede
09-28-2008, 12:44 AM
Who's tomme? Can he hit? If so, we could use him.

He hangs out mostly with Dunks and Swasher. :cool:

sox57
09-28-2008, 12:45 AM
i'm sorry, i'm new tonight.

GoGoCrede
09-28-2008, 12:46 AM
I am too, I was just thinking of funny ways to misspell names. I'm sorry. I need a laugh after tonight's game.

BleacherBandit
09-28-2008, 12:47 AM
i'm sorry, i'm new tonight.

Oops, sorry didn't notice. I got haranged too when I was new here. :(:

sox57
09-28-2008, 12:48 AM
how far is the new kid(1st round draft choice dont remember his name) from the majors?? any clues?

BleacherBandit
09-28-2008, 12:49 AM
how far is the new kid(1st round draft choice dont remember his name) from the majors?? any clues?

Gordon Beckham?

I think he's in Rookie ball or playing for the Kannapolis Intimidators...

sox57
09-28-2008, 12:50 AM
I am too, I was just thinking of funny ways to misspell names. I'm sorry. I need a laugh after tonight's game.
i'm pretty good at that, but i did find the backspace key.

Nellie_Fox
09-28-2008, 12:51 AM
ok, so i dont capitalize or 'use the shift key'. are we posting or taking a english comp. test?! i've seen some pretty scary spelling and grammer on the internet...are you going to challenge me for not using a shift key??? is this your way of shifting attention away from a discussion you dont want to address? you sound like a cub fan!!!The purpose of English Composition classes is to prepare you to be understood in the real world. If it only mattered in the English class, you wouldn't need the English class. Write to be understood. How, exactly, is that sounding like a Cubs fan?

i know tomme is a great player and his numbers arent bad, but he's not doing much lately. i turned the game off before paulie hit his homers. it hurt me too much after minn. lost and to see the sox choke afterward. this team breaks my heart. i want to see them in the play-offs, but i dont want a repeat of 2000.How much of a Sox fan can you be when you can't spell Thome's name, even after the correct spelling has been posted in the thread?

Viva Medias B's
09-28-2008, 12:53 AM
Well, looking at our accomplishments (or lack thereof) since our lifelong dream was acheived in 2005, I would not mind a housecleaning. Of course, said housecleaning could lead to at least a season or two of mediocrity. Yet, if it's done right, great results that would make 2005 pale in comparison could result.

sox57
09-28-2008, 12:55 AM
i really cant see what the problem with the sox is this year. my son noticed how pumped up the twins were when they were kicking the sox's a--. the sox, like contreras said, had no excitment, heart... whatever.

sox57
09-28-2008, 01:02 AM
i think kenny is a great gm, look at all the great finds he has come up with. i respect ken griffy jr., he was probably one of, if not the greatest player of our time. do you think kenny had a man crush on jr along with ozzie? its like the cubs signing greg maddox after his prime, when they could have maybe signed tehada(sp). ozzie played griffey when he couldnt cover center field(and i love jr) and he wasnt hitting(and i love jr) does ozzie not like anderson personally? the guy is the best fielder the sox have!!!!

Nellie_Fox
09-28-2008, 01:05 AM
i really cant see what the problem with the sox is this year. my son noticed how pumped up the twins were when they were kicking the sox's a--. the sox, like contreras said, had no excitment, heart... whatever.Strangely enough, ass is not a prohibited word on WSI. Don't try to "self-censor." Type the word you mean, and if it's prohibited the language filter will take it out. If you try to sneak in an actually prohibited word like that, it will cost you a suspension. You might want to go read the board rules at the top of the page.

sox57
09-28-2008, 01:06 AM
Well, looking at our accomplishments (or lack thereof) since our lifelong dream was acheived in 2005, I would not mind a housecleaning. Of course, said housecleaning could lead to at least a season or two of mediocrity. Yet, if it's done right, great results that would make 2005 pale in comparison could result.
is that marist h.s.? i grew up in mt.greenwood. i went to marist dances when i was a pup!!

sox57
09-28-2008, 01:33 AM
The purpose of English Composition classes is to prepare you to be understood in the real world. If it only mattered in the English class, you wouldn't need the English class. Write to be understood. How, exactly, is that sounding like a Cubs fan?

How much of a Sox fan can you be when you can't spell Thome's name, even after the correct spelling has been posted in the thread?
after reading my first post, i realize i wrote with too much emotion, my favorite team, was given another chance to take the division championship and failed to take advantage. after re-reading my statement, it made sense to me, but i can see where it didnt make sense to everyone else. as far as me being a sox fan, i had season tix in 1983,84,89,90 and 91(erased) i dont want to sound offensive. i wont write on your site again.

Parrothead
09-28-2008, 06:54 AM

2 favorite banners ever in the old park on banner day.....

Go to hell Claudell

Washington slept here.

Frater Perdurabo
09-28-2008, 07:19 AM
People have been crying a river about Thome all year, but I saw Jim cut down his swing with two strikes and deliver an RBI single off a left-handed reliever who had previously given him fits tonight. Then, I saw Konerko launch his second bomb of the game to get us back in the hunt at 8-6.

I'm surprised that the finger is being pointed at those guys tonight.

I've got no quarrel with those two after their performance.

I do wonder, though, where are all the folks who earlier this season, when Thome was struggling, ridiculed the idea of Thome hitting to the opposite field?

:tongue:

southside rocks
09-28-2008, 07:41 AM
i really cant see what the problem with the sox is this year. my son noticed how pumped up the twins were when they were kicking the sox's a--. the sox, like contreras said, had no excitment, heart... whatever.

Jose Contreras said that? When?

Are you talking about Orlando Cabrera?

One is a recently-acquired former Angel shortstop from Colombia who called out his manager in the first month he was here, and the other is a longtime Sox workhorse pitcher from Cuba who ruptured his Achilles tendon this summer and who is very close friends with his manager. It's easy to get them confused.

A Sox fan for 44 years, huh? Well, you know what they say -- on the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.