PDA

View Full Version : Did Jim Thome ever address the fans?

Whitesoxfan23
09-27-2008, 11:37 PM
I heard on the postgame show, that he was.. At least I thought I did.:scratch:

ChiSoxGirl
09-27-2008, 11:58 PM
I heard on the postgame show, that he was.. At least I thought I did.:scratch:

Jesse Rogers said he's going to be on Hit and Run tomorrow to do so. Thome said he feels the fans are owed at least that. Tune in tomorrow from 9a-12p!

Vernam
09-28-2008, 12:08 AM
Jesse Rogers said he's going to be on Hit and Run tomorrow to do so. Thome said he feels the fans are owed at least that. Tune in tomorrow from 9a-12p!Owed it, why? Is he going to apologize on behalf of the team, or something? Why Thome? Doesn't make much sense, IMO.

Vernam

JB98
09-28-2008, 12:11 AM
Well, I don't need an apology from the team, or a sympathy card from anybody. I do need a Sox victory tomorrow afternoon.

ChiSoxGirl
09-28-2008, 12:11 AM
Owed it, why? Is he going to apologize on behalf of the team, or something? Why Thome? Doesn't make much sense, IMO.

Vernam

I have no idea. I just paraphrased what Jesse Rogers said on Chris' post-game show tonight.

CHISOXFAN13
09-28-2008, 12:14 AM
Owed it, why? Is he going to apologize on behalf of the team, or something? Why Thome? Doesn't make much sense, IMO.

Vernam

Can't he just thank the fans for their support all year?

GoGoCrede
09-28-2008, 12:15 AM
Well, I don't need an apology from the team, or a sympathy card from anybody. I do need a Sox victory tomorrow afternoon.

Preach it. There are going to be all these giveaways tomorrow for fan appreciation day - I say give the fans a win and you can keep your giveaways.

oeo
09-28-2008, 12:16 AM

Hopefully Buehrle shows up and can give us 9. Otherwise, :whiner:

Viva Medias B's
09-28-2008, 12:18 AM
So if we get eliminated Sunday, will Thome take the microphone to apologize to the fans like AJ did last season?

BainesHOF
09-28-2008, 12:21 AM

On short rest again after throwing well over 100 pitches in his last start? Keep dreaming.

JB98
09-28-2008, 12:21 AM

Well, I hope he can give us 7. We'll go to Jenks in the eighth.

If we lose tomorrow, I hope it is with either Buehrle or Jenks on the mound. If we're gonna go down, go down with the absolute best we have.

I admit I'm a little worried about Burls after the 121-pitch outing on Wednesday. But there is no other alternative.

Whitesoxfan23
09-28-2008, 12:26 AM
Thome is a classy guy. You know as bad as the Sox have been playing, I'm still not sold that they don't want it. I just think they freaked themselves out before the Twins series even began, and now they just look scared. I have alot of respect for Thome for doing this. I've remained a Sox fan for 16 years now, through good seasons and bad seasons, and no matter what I will always cheer for those guys in Silver and Black. Go Sox.

DSpivack
09-28-2008, 01:20 AM
Thome is a classy guy. You know as bad as the Sox have been playing, I'm still not sold that they don't want it. I just think they freaked themselves out before the Twins series even began, and now they just look scared. I have alot of respect for Thome for doing this. I've remained a Sox fan for 16 years now, through good seasons and bad seasons, and no matter what I will always cheer for those guys in Silver and Black. Go Sox.

You might have a point there. It's not that they don't want to win, it's that they don't have the balls to do it. Plenty of times in my life there are things I've wanted whilst not having the balls for them. Makes sense to me.

nasox
09-28-2008, 01:26 AM
You might have a point there. It's not that they don't want to win, it's that they don't have the balls to do it. Plenty of times in my life there are things I've wanted whilst not having the balls for them. Makes sense to me.

A bunch of girls come to mind....

I guess if the Sox want to dance, they need to ask the girl first. And I suppose beating down Cleveland is the equivalent of asking the girl.

Lip Man 1
09-28-2008, 02:31 AM
Of course they want to win but I also agree with the post saying that it's become a mental issue playing in Minnesota.

Talented, professionals simply don't fall apart they way they have in every meaningful series in Minnesota since the final three games in 2002 without a lot of help between the ears.

Lip

Nellie_Fox
09-28-2008, 02:35 AM
Of course they want to win but I also agree with the post saying that it's become a mental issue playing in Minnesota.

Talented, professionals simply don't fall apart they way they have in every meaningful series in Minnesota since the final three games in 2002 without a lot of help between the ears.

LipSoon, that awful upside-down concrete bowl will be a dim, distant memory. It will be interesting to see if the Twins' system works without the dome.

fugazis
09-28-2008, 05:01 AM
Preach it. There are going to be all these giveaways tomorrow for fan appreciation day - I say give the fans a win and you can keep your giveaways.

Maybe they will give away the bullpen for fan appreciation day!

dickallen15
09-28-2008, 06:05 AM
Buerhle's on short rest, threw over 120 pitches last game and has historically had trouble with Cleveland. I think he'll throw a gem.

WSox597
09-28-2008, 08:30 AM
So if we get eliminated Sunday, will Thome take the microphone to apologize to the fans like AJ did last season?

And then, next year, unless some changes are made, it can be somebody else's turn. Konerko, maybe.

southside rocks
09-28-2008, 11:11 AM

I want an apology from the entire bleeping bullpen, and I'm only half kidding. :angry:

These last two games have been very difficult for me. :tongue:

TheCommander
09-28-2008, 11:17 AM

Vernam

I think he is going to divulge the big secret MCHSoxFan has been alluding to. :D:

BleacherBandit
09-28-2008, 11:19 AM
I think he is going to divulge the big secret MCHSoxFan has been alluding to. :D:
"My name is really Joe Borchard!"

oeo
09-29-2008, 12:05 AM
Soon, that awful upside-down concrete bowl will be a dim, distant memory. It will be interesting to see if the Twins' system works without the dome.

No, and they know it. Hawk mentioned that he talked to a higher-up in the their organization, and they want to try to create some advantages in their new park.

It will suck when they actually have to develop good players, rather than fringe ones.

Nellie_Fox
09-29-2008, 12:47 AM
No, and they know it. Hawk mentioned that he talked to a higher-up in the their organization, and they want to try to create some advantages in their new park.

It will suck when they actually have to develop good players, rather than fringe ones.They've built the team around speed and bloop-hitting. They only way they can use that to their advantage in a new outdoor, natural grass park is by having huge dimensions, like 355 down the lines and 440 to center. The dimensions of the new park are already set, and it's not huge.