PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow's opposing pitcher

munchman33
09-27-2008, 09:39 PM
http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=425860

He turns 28 on Tuesday. Been in 8 games in his career. We have no business losing to this guy, even as bad as we've been playing.

DSpivack
09-27-2008, 09:42 PM
Former #1 overall pick by the Pirates.

munchman33
09-27-2008, 09:44 PM
Former #1 overall pick by the Pirates.

Shush. I'm being optimistic. :smile:

Sockinchisox
09-27-2008, 09:46 PM

So this means hell has frozen over, correct?

DSpivack
09-27-2008, 09:51 PM

So this means hell has frozen over, correct?

Munch being optimistic, yikes! Reminds me of my favorite tv show ever, Homicide. Detective Munch [later seen on Law & Order] was very much the pessimist.

I didn't mean that I was pessimist by Bullington being a former top pick, just a bit of trivia.

Buehrle is going tomorrow, he's one of few the guys on this team that still has a pair.

munchman33
09-27-2008, 09:53 PM
Well...let's put it this way. I expected we'd lose the last two games. But I also expected the Twins would win the last two games. Based on tomorrow's matchups, I expect to be playing on Monday.

Woofer
09-27-2008, 10:05 PM
He went 5 scoreless against Boston on 9/24. Only gave up two hits. I smell another 3-2 loss.:(:

Frater Perdurabo
09-27-2008, 10:07 PM
Have the Sox ever faced him previously?

They Sox aren't exactly great against pitchers they've never faced previously.

kevingrt
09-27-2008, 10:08 PM
We have never faced him.

And we should kill him.

Will we is the question?

PutItOnBoardYES
09-27-2008, 10:12 PM

He turns 28 on Tuesday. Been in 8 games in his career. We have no business losing to this guy, even as bad as we've been playing.

This is exactly the type of pitcher we get less than five hits and one run against.

LoveYourSuit
09-27-2008, 10:13 PM
We have never faced him.

And we should kill him.

Will we is the question?

I would start the "B" team on offense.

DSpivack
09-27-2008, 10:19 PM
I would start the "B" team on offense.

Why not start Bourgeois or something? It's not like anyone else has been producing.

GoGoCrede
09-27-2008, 10:21 PM
Hasn't Lee been shaky in his last few starts? Wouldn't it be more embarrassing to lose to a guy who's only been in 8 games? Oh well. We generally do better in day games. I'll be watching.

DoItForDanPasqua
09-27-2008, 10:21 PM
I just hope the Indians are day dreaming about their postseason plans and don't show up tomorrow like they did the first two games.

whitesoxfan
09-27-2008, 10:42 PM
Why not start Bourgeois or something? It's not like anyone else has been producing.

Can't really blame the offense the last two games.

DSpivack
09-27-2008, 10:43 PM

True.

bluestar
09-27-2008, 10:54 PM

True, but I am still perplexed that the same Zach Jackson that was absolutely terrible pitching for the Sounds here in Nashville earlier this year was able to dominate the Sox tonight. I don't know why I should be, after all other bad AAA pitchers have looked like world beaters against the Sox. :scratch:

DSpivack
09-27-2008, 11:13 PM
True, but I am still perplexed that the same Zach Jackson that was absolutely terrible pitching for the Sounds here in Nashville earlier this year was able to dominate the Sox tonight. I don't know why I should be, after all other bad AAA pitchers have looked like world beaters against the Sox. :scratch:

Fire Greg Walker.

Offer Rudy Jaramillo a blank check.

ChiSoxFan81
09-27-2008, 11:23 PM
We should be able to get to this guy tomorrow. We got Burls going, and he's been solid. We're trying to give this division away, and the Twins won't let us.

However, is it completely crazy for me at this point to think the Twins might get swept? KC did it to Detroit 2 years ago.

JB98
09-28-2008, 12:28 AM
I don't know who this guy is. But whoever he is, I'd rather take my chances against him than Cliff Lee.

Nellie_Fox
09-28-2008, 01:09 AM

We have never faced him.

And we should kill him.

Will we is the question?No, the question is will SOMEONE in the bullpen be able to keep Cleveland from dancing all over them?

BleacherBandit
09-28-2008, 01:10 AM
We can't afford to lose to this rookie. In my opinion, his name should live on in Sox infamy if he wins tomarrow.

DSpivack
09-28-2008, 01:10 AM
No, the question is will SOMEONE in the bullpen be able to keep Cleveland from dancing all over them?

Bullpen? What bullpen? Who needs a bullpen when Buehrle throws a complete game?

GoGoCrede
09-28-2008, 01:12 AM

What worries me is that he threw 120 pitches or so on Wednesday. But he is still the guy I'll always want on the mound in a crucial game. If anyone can do it, he can.

Sox4ever77
09-28-2008, 01:17 AM
What worries me is that he threw 120 pitches or so on Wednesday. But he is still the guy I'll always want on the mound in a crucial game. If anyone can do it, he can.

What happened to Mark vs the Twins? Or did you not consider that a crucial game?

whitesoxfan
09-28-2008, 01:22 AM
What happened to Mark vs the Twins? Or did you not consider that a crucial game?

Did you not watch that game? Buehrle was very, very good that game.

If he pitches like that tomorrow, we win. Count it.

GoGoCrede
09-28-2008, 01:22 AM

Yeah, it was, and he answered beautifully. I guess I've been going off based on what Javy's done on short rest, which is an unfair comparison. I believe Mark can do it.

Nellie_Fox
09-28-2008, 01:26 AM
What happened to Mark vs the Twins? Or did you not consider that a crucial game?Buehrle was just fine vs. the Twins.

Are you aware that Buehrle is tied for the league lead in "quality starts?"

skobabe8
09-28-2008, 10:03 AM
Bryan Bullington is pitching today.

He is from Ball State and dated my girlfriends roomate all through college, so we hung out at their house all the time. He was picked #1 overall in '02 before BJ Upton, Prince Fielder, Scott Kazmir, Cole Hamils, and our very own Nick Swisher.

I love Bryan, he's a great guy, and I hope he pitches well enough to get the win......but the bullpen blows it for him. :cool:

Evman5
09-28-2008, 10:43 AM

I agree...I want a gangster Santana like performance from Buehrle

Sox4ever77
09-29-2008, 03:42 PM
Did you not watch that game? Buehrle was very, very good that game.

If he pitches like that tomorrow, we win. Count it.

He took the loss in the game, giving up 3 runs in 7 innings. A real ace would have won the game, even with the lack of support. Santana won on Sat throwing a shutout, knowing his offense will give him little to no support, giving him all of 2 runs.

oeo
09-29-2008, 03:47 PM
He took the loss in the game, giving up 3 runs in 7 innings. A real ace would have won the game, even with the lack of support. Santana won on Sat throwing a shutout, knowing his offense will give him little to no support, giving him all of 2 runs.

It's indescribable how much these posts frustrate me. First of all, if you watched the game, you would have saw that the Twins hit one ball hard off of Buehrle all night, and it was an out in the first inning. Second of all, a 'real ace' would have pitched better? This is baseball, who is on the mound on any given day does not guarantee you a victory. No one throws a shut out in every big game, you can't expect that.

You're acting like Buehrle threw a complete stinker. If he did, then you could make this argument. The reality is, he pitched a very good game, good enough to win, but he didn't get the run support.

gobears1987
09-29-2008, 03:50 PM
This post is so ignorant that I just want to vomit.

If you actually watched the game, you would have seen that the 3rd run given up by Buehrle was complete bull**** as the ump basically awarded it to the Twins.

:dumbass:

gobears1987
09-29-2008, 03:51 PM
Are you aware that Buehrle is tied for the league lead in "quality starts?"If the pen and defense backed Buehrle up this year, his name would be up there with Lee for the Cy Young this year.