PDA

View Full Version : 1 Game Playoff on Tuesday...

F4L
09-27-2008, 06:44 PM
IF and that's a big IF, we play this game on Tuesday, is it really going to be at 105 on a Tuesday? Can the Sox draw the crowd they want at that time? If I remember correctly, the Pads/Rocks game was at night on the west coast last year. I dont know what day it was on though. So they would have to change it to 705 for TBS to televise it, right?

And does anyone have ticket information on this game? I see some on StubHub, but they don't have much. I called Ticketmaster, and they rep I talked to had no clue what I was talking about.

Anyone know the answers to these questions? I want to go the next 3 games if possible.

Thanks!

anewman35
09-27-2008, 07:41 PM
IF and that's a big IF, we play this game on Tuesday, is it really going to be at 105 on a Tuesday? Can the Sox draw the crowd they want at that time? If I remember correctly, the Pads/Rocks game was at night on the west coast last year. I dont know what day it was on though. So they would have to change it to 705 for TBS to televise it, right?

And does anyone have ticket information on this game? I see some on StubHub, but they don't have much. I called Ticketmaster, and they rep I talked to had no clue what I was talking about.

Anyone know the answers to these questions? I want to go the next 3 games if possible.

Thanks!

They probably won;'t announce anything about the game until Sunday or even Monday. I suspect it would be 7:05, but it probably also depends on if there's a NL Wild Card tiebreaker, since they probably wouldn't do both at the same time. I doubt the Sox will have any input as to what time it is.

DSpivack
09-27-2008, 07:43 PM
Just hoping we go into monday up a half-game and win, thus there won't be a game tuesday I'll miss because of Rosh Hashanah.

manders_01
09-27-2008, 07:53 PM

Thanks!

I mentioned in another thread that the play-in game last year was at 5:30 local time. That's an hour and a half earlier than weekday games are typically played. I don't know what that means for the central time zone; take it FWIW.

Brian26
09-27-2008, 07:55 PM
I can't imagine the Sox or MLB would schedule two consecutive weekday games with playoff implications. Since Monday's game is a 1:05 start, it makes sense to do a 7:11 start Tuesday night (if necessary).

manders_01
09-27-2008, 07:55 PM
They probably won;'t announce anything about the game until Sunday or even Monday. I suspect it would be 7:05, but it probably also depends on if there's a NL Wild Card tiebreaker, since they probably wouldn't do both at the same time. I doubt the Sox will have any input as to what time it is.

Last year, the Rockies knew there would be a play-in game only if they won Sunday. The minute the game was final on Sunday, tickets went on sale. Again, take it FWIW.

ChiSoxFan81
09-28-2008, 12:13 AM
If I had to guess, I would say it would be a 6:05 game. That's pretty close to what the Rockies-Padres had last year. No way it's a day game.

anewman35
09-28-2008, 12:17 AM
If I had to guess, I would say it would be a 6:05 game. That's pretty close to what the Rockies-Padres had last year. No way it's a day game.

Unless there's a Mets-Brewers playoff game, too, and TBS wants to show that in prime time.

ChiSoxFan81
09-28-2008, 12:19 AM
Unless there's a Mets-Brewers playoff game, too, and TBS wants to show that in prime time.

Mets-Brewers playoff would be Monday

salty99
09-28-2008, 12:22 AM
Brooks was on the post game show and said he doesn't know the time of a Tuesday game yet, and that ticket would not go on sale until one becomes necessary.

LoveYourSuit
09-28-2008, 12:26 AM
Tuesday's game can and should be a night game since the winner would not be playing until Thursday since ANA selected to get rolling on Wed.

ANA did the Sox and Twins a huge favor in allowing them an extra day off to get their pitching in order.

As for selling out the house?

Yikes that's a tough one. Will be emberrasing to not pack the place, don't you think?

And if the weather is crappy, Sox fans will not "walk up."

Throw in the fact that the moral is way down, the Sox will be backing their way in unlike many hosts of this 163rd game usually play lights out at the end to even get this chance.

Madvora
09-28-2008, 12:43 AM
The thought of the Sox having one more game against the Twins that they can't win is too much to handle.

jabrch
09-28-2008, 12:46 AM
The thought of the Sox having one more game against the Twins that they can't win is too much to handle.

We are 7-2 against the Twins at USCF. Why exacly can't we win?

psyclonis
09-28-2008, 01:11 AM
If it was free parking, I bet they'd sell out (or come close) but JR and his buddies love that $$$

anewman35
09-28-2008, 11:00 AM
Mets-Brewers playoff would be Monday

Good point.

Mohoney
09-28-2008, 12:50 PM
Just hoping we go into monday up a half-game and win, thus there won't be a game tuesday I'll miss because of Rosh Hashanah.

I'm glad you brought this up. I have a question about this. Can Jewish players play Monday if the game is an afternoon game because the holiday begins at sundown, or is the whole day Monday off-limits?

chisoxfanatic
09-28-2008, 01:29 PM
It depends on when the start time of ALDS Game 1 on Wednesday is. If the AL Central Champ/Rays game is a day game on Wednesday, they shouldn't make the Tuesday tie-breaking game a night game.

LoveYourSuit
09-28-2008, 01:31 PM
Tuesday's game can and should be a night game since the winner would not be playing until Thursday since ANA selected to get rolling on Wed.

ANA did the Sox and Twins a huge favor in allowing them an extra day off to get their pitching in order.

Yikes that's a tough one. Will be emberrasing to not pack the place, don't you think?

Throw in the fact that the moral is way down, the Sox will be backing their way in unlike many hosts of this 163rd game usually play lights out at the end to even get this chance.

For those who missed it

chisoxfanatic
09-28-2008, 01:37 PM
For those who missed it
Woops! LOL! Thanks!

DrCrawdad
09-28-2008, 01:40 PM
I'm glad you brought this up. I have a question about this. Can Jewish players play Monday if the game is an afternoon game because the holiday begins at sundown, or is the whole day Monday off-limits?

Do the Sox or Tigers have any Jewish players?

Any chance that Magglio, Miguel Cabrera and Placido Polanco are Jewish?

"There is talk that I am Jewish - just because my father was Jewish, my mother is Jewish, I speak Yiddish and once studied to be a rabbi and a cantor. Well, that's how rumors get started." - Baseball Clown Prince Al Schacht in My Own Particular Screwball (Al Schacht, 1955) (http://www.baseball-almanac.com/legendary/Jewish_baseball_players.shtml)

Madvora
09-28-2008, 02:28 PM
We are 7-2 against the Twins at USCF. Why exacly can't we win?
Well, they've lost 5 games in a row and they're a bad team. There's a couple of reasons.

I want Mags back
09-28-2008, 02:52 PM

ah-mayne

jabrch
09-28-2008, 02:58 PM
Well, they've lost 5 games in a row and they're a bad team. There's a couple of reasons.

And teams that lose 5 in a row, never win another game?

And teams that win 86 games a year are bad?

I know you aren't happy right now - and that's fine. But dry your tears and take a look in front of you. This team has a decent chance of making it to play in October. For all you may be hurting, don't miss the beauty of the forrest by just looking at a few ugly trees.

jabrch
09-28-2008, 03:00 PM

The whole day isn't off limits - but the ability of a player to play would largely depend on how religous they REALLY are, how fast they drive, and how clean they would like to be when they show up to temple.

DSpivack
09-28-2008, 03:02 PM

The holiday is tuesday; starts monday at sundown. So a monday day game would be fine, a tuesday game any time would not. That also depends on how religious the player is, though, I suppose. Neither the Sox nor the Tigers have any Jewish players that I know of, however.

jabrch
09-28-2008, 03:03 PM
If it was free parking, I bet they'd sell out (or come close) but JR and his buddies love that $$$

If you need free parking to come to a play in game, then 1) park on the street or 2) You aren't much a fan.

And your conclusion that JR and his buddies "love that money" sounds like more of the JR is cheap arguement which has been proven to be complete horsecrap.

Free parking? That's your excuse for not going to a PLAYIN GAME?

CRAP

DSpivack
09-28-2008, 03:09 PM
The whole day isn't off limits - but the ability of a player to play would largely depend on how religous they REALLY are, how fast they drive, and how clean they would like to be when they show up to temple.

If the Mets and Brewers need a tiebreaker tomorrow night, I wonder how religious Ryan Braun is.

gobears1987
09-28-2008, 03:17 PM
ah-mayneI was going to go to Monday's game, but I wouldn't be able to go to the game and make it back in time for Erev Rosh Hashanah services.

jabrch
09-28-2008, 03:20 PM
I was going to go to Monday's game, but I wouldn't be able to go to the game and make it back in time for Erev Rosh Hashanah services.

Me too...I almost considered going to a temple downtown for the night - just to do it.

jabrch
09-28-2008, 03:21 PM
If the Mets and Brewers need a tiebreaker tomorrow night, I wonder how religious Ryan Braun is.

From what I have heard, he is reformed and would play.

DSpivack
09-28-2008, 03:28 PM
From what I have heard, he is reformed and would play.

Game 5 of the ALDS also falls on the start of Yom Kippur, I think [and Game 1 of the ALCS the following night]. Youkilis is Jewish.

Foulke You
09-28-2008, 05:30 PM

If it is a night game for the 1 game playoff to get in, the game will definitely be sold out.

Foulke You
09-28-2008, 06:01 PM
Just read on the Twins website, ***IF*** the Sox do make the 1 game playoff on Tuesday, the Twins will be starting Nick Blackburn against us. Kevin Slowey's arm is still not ready after getting nailed by that line drive by Uribe. Nick Blackburn is 0W-2L with a 7.20 E.R.A. in 3 games this year at US Cellular Field. Got to win Monday first though!!

Noneck
09-28-2008, 06:13 PM
Just read on the Twins website, ***IF*** the Sox do make the 1 game playoff on Tuesday, the Twins will be starting Nick Blackburn against us. Kevin Slowey's arm is still not ready after getting nailed by that line drive by Uribe. Nick Blackburn is 0W-2L with a 7.20 E.R.A. in 3 games this year at US Cellular Field. Got to win Monday first though!!
If this game comes to play, it is a win or go home game. All hands will be on deck. Don't be surprised if Blackburn doesnt have it, he will pulled early with Liriano waiting in the wings.

roylestillman
09-28-2008, 06:32 PM
OK, if tickets for a Tuesday game don't go on sale untill they know there is a game tomorrow, why are there dozens of them on sale on Stub Hub? Will season ticket holders be given an opportunity to buy ahead of time?

Frankfan4life
09-28-2008, 06:35 PM
If this game comes to play, it is a win or go home game. All hands will be on deck. Don't be surprised if Blackburn doesnt have it, he will pulled early with Liriano waiting in the wings.Who would get the start for the Sox?? Would it be Danks?

Noneck
09-28-2008, 06:36 PM
Who would get the start for the Sox?? Would it be Danks?

Yes

Harry Potter
09-28-2008, 06:37 PM
OK, if tickets for a Tuesday game don't go on sale untill they know there is a game tomorrow, why are there dozens of them on sale on Stub Hub? Will season ticket holders be given an opportunity to buy ahead of time?

I don't know about the 27-game plans, but when I received my playoff tickets for my full-season plan, the tickets for a Tuesday "Game 163" were included (I will be billed for them if the game is played - please let me see that charge on my account!!!)

whtsox13
09-28-2008, 06:38 PM

If you are a full season ticket holder and bought palyoff tickets the tiebreaker tickets are in with them. They will bill you later for them.

ChiSoxFan81
09-28-2008, 06:38 PM
It depends on when the start time of ALDS Game 1 on Wednesday is. If the AL Central Champ/Rays game is a day game on Wednesday, they shouldn't make the Tuesday tie-breaking game a night game.

The Angels opted to play Wednesday and have the extra day off. The Sox or Twins would not play the Rays until Thursday.

whtsox13
09-28-2008, 06:40 PM
The Angels opted to play Wednesday and have the extra day off. The Sox or Twins would not play the Rays until Thursday.

From what I heard at the ballpark today the Tuesday game would be a 6:05 start.

ChiSoxFan81
09-28-2008, 06:43 PM
From what I heard at the ballpark today the Tuesday game would be a 6:05 start.

This is exactly what I predicted earlier in this thread.

DumpJerry
09-28-2008, 06:55 PM
On The Score, they said it would be Liriano.

DumpJerry
09-28-2008, 06:58 PM
You saying the lack of free parking is why we don't fill the stadium 100%?

Nobody has free parking. Nobody.

Max Power
09-28-2008, 07:09 PM
You saying the lack of free parking is why we don't fill the stadium 100%?

Nobody has free parking. Nobody.

Tampa Bay offers free parking for vehicles with four or more passengers (http://tampabay.rays.mlb.com/tb/ballpark/parking_directions.jsp).

I assume tickets to Tuesday's game will go on sale at the ballpark at the conclusion of Monday's game. Does anyone know if they will be available online as well?

whitesoxwilkes
09-28-2008, 07:47 PM

Ehren Wassermann?

bnlfanmatt
09-28-2008, 08:37 PM
Ehren Wassermann?

The name Wassermann is German (literally means Waterman... waterboy!?) and Ehren is also a maybe not so popular German name, I knew one from my time in Germany. I doubt it's Jewish, although the family could've adopted the name to hide their Jewish origins in WWII.

anewman35
09-28-2008, 09:30 PM
I assume tickets to Tuesday's game will go on sale at the ballpark at the conclusion of Monday's game. Does anyone know if they will be available online as well?

It's 2008. Everything is available online.

The Immigrant
09-28-2008, 09:40 PM
On The Score, they said it would be Liriano.

He would be pitching on three days rest, after getting lit up by KC on Friday night.

Sockinchisox
09-28-2008, 10:21 PM
Game would be at 6:30 on Tuesday.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20080928&content_id=3570430&vkey=pr_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

kba
09-28-2008, 10:51 PM
The name Wassermann is German (literally means Waterman... waterboy!?) and Ehren is also a maybe not so popular German name, I knew one from my time in Germany. I doubt it's Jewish, although the family could've adopted the name to hide their Jewish origins in WWII.

This story (http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070522/SPORTS07/705220411/-1/SPORTS09) says Wassermann's dad graduated from St. John's Jesuit High School in Toledo, so that would suggest Ehren's family is not Jewish.

Is Stone going to call the game on radio?

Kogs35
09-28-2008, 11:08 PM

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20080928&content_id=3570430&vkey=pr_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb
on the call for the game would Dick Stockton, Ron Darling and Harold Reynolds per usa today

Martinigirl
09-28-2008, 11:15 PM

As long as it is not in the GD dome, we have a good shot. If we had to play up there I don't even know if I could force myself to watch.

Dan the Man
09-28-2008, 11:19 PM
I'm finding it hard to find a definitive answer, and I apologize if I ask a question already answered, but when would tickets for Tuesday go on sale?

The Immigrant
09-28-2008, 11:24 PM
I'm finding it hard to find a definitive answer, and I apologize if I ask a question already answered, but when would tickets for Tuesday go on sale?

Immediately after tomorrow's game, if it's a Sox winner.

The Immigrant
09-28-2008, 11:26 PM
Minnesota's beat writer at the Star-Tribune is reporting that Nick Blackburn would get the start on Tuesday.

Dan the Man
09-28-2008, 11:33 PM
I appreciate it. If the Sox find a way to win, and they will, the servers will be nutso with all the people trying for tix.

gobears1987
09-28-2008, 11:53 PM
Is Stone going to call the game on radio?I highly doubt it. He missed for yontif on Passover so I see no reason why he wouldn't miss for Rosh Hashanah.

chisoxfanatic
09-28-2008, 11:54 PM
As long as it is not in the GD dome, we have a good shot. If we had to play up there I don't even know if I could force myself to watch.
Don't worry, Martinigirl. We won the coin flip a couple weeks ago.

Harry Potter
09-28-2008, 11:56 PM
One game at a time folks....

BigP50
09-28-2008, 11:59 PM
game will be at 6:30 if we win

Danks vs Blackburn

http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=min

Brian26
09-29-2008, 12:02 AM

So if the Sox are winning tomorrow in a blowout, would it be smart to go downstairs and get in line at the box office?

WhiteSox5187
09-29-2008, 12:09 AM
So if the Sox are winning tomorrow in a blowout, would it be smart to go downstairs and get in line at the box office?
With this bullpen? God no.

popilius
09-29-2008, 12:27 AM

But won't we be able to buy tickets online or over the phone as well? I believe in taking one game at a time, but IN CASE the Sox do win, I have to be ready with cell phone in hand, because I won't be anywhere near the park, and won't have access to a computer in the afternoon.

:gulp:

guillensdisciple
09-29-2008, 12:55 AM
I already have my heart racing in anticipation for Tomorrows game, luckily I will be at school so I will just keep track of what happens via cell phone. However if they do win, I will be watching on Tuesday and going crazy with every minute!

Can you believe this... a whole season boiled down into two final games, can the sox prove everyone wrong TWO MORE TIMES???

RockJock07
09-29-2008, 01:13 AM
With this bullpen? God no.

LOL! I like our chances vs Blackburn at home but Lets get this one tomorrow.

Nellie_Fox
09-29-2008, 01:54 AM
I will be teaching a classroom full of Twins fans in the middle of the game (2-2:50). I don't know if I can take it.

chisoxfanatic
09-29-2008, 02:02 AM
I will be teaching a classroom full of Twins fans in the middle of the game (2-2:50). I don't know if I can take it.
Have the game on Game Cast on your classroom computer. If we have a nice lead towards the end of your class, turn it on for all of your students to watch. :wink:

guillensdisciple
09-29-2008, 02:23 AM
Ouch, but hey if we do make the playoffs teaching that class will be amazing!

Steelrod
09-29-2008, 08:19 AM
If I had to guess, season ticketholders would have an electronic ticket for tuesday.

whtsox13
09-29-2008, 08:46 AM
If I had to guess, season ticketholders would have an electronic ticket for tuesday.
Full season ticketholders who bought playoff tickets already have their tickets for tomorrow.

Steelrod
09-29-2008, 08:50 AM
Thank, I never even looked!

SoxFan78
09-29-2008, 09:10 AM
Did any split season ticket holders get tie-breaker tickets? I didn't receive one, but back in 2006 when I got playoff tickets, the tie-breaker game was included!

Cat Thief
09-29-2008, 09:27 AM
Did any split season ticket holders get tie-breaker tickets? I didn't receive one, but back in 2006 when I got playoff tickets, the tie-breaker game was included!

According to my rep, there are no plans for us lowly 27 game plan holders.

StepsInSC
09-29-2008, 09:29 AM

Wasserman is a fairly common Jewish name. Jewish and German are not mutually exclusive; Judaism is not a nationality, right?

bnlfanmatt
09-29-2008, 09:56 AM
Wasserman is a fairly common Jewish name. Jewish and German are not mutually exclusive; Judaism is not a nationality, right?

I always get confused by Judaism and its ties to ethnicity/nationality/race, but since one way to be Jewish is by birth, (other being conversion but semi-rare) and those that are born of Jewish parent(s) are always considered Jewish, being Jewish is something more than a religion. Maybe someone can help out here that knows more. I think the evidence that Wassermann isn't Jewish is the fact that he went to a Jesuit high school, although it really doesn't prove too much (can/would Jewish parents send their kid to a Jesuit private school for the perceived better education?) Fun discussion, for sure.

WhiffleBall
09-29-2008, 10:13 AM
If there is a Tuesday game then tickets should be fairly easy to get. The only seats taken right now are full season tickets which is what 18K? That leaves around 20K tickets. If you time the box office right (get in line before everyone else) then you should be able to score excellent seats. Hopefully the sox will (1.) win todays game and (2.) open additional ticket windows to handle the thousands and thousands of fans pouring out of the stadium who will want to buy tickets for tomorrows game.

ChiSoxFan81
09-29-2008, 10:14 AM
So, has anyone heard if tickets to tomorrow's game are going to be available via phone or internet if the Sox win? They said on The Score this morning they'd go on sale immediately after a win today at the box office. Is that the only way to get them?

champagne030
09-29-2008, 10:28 AM
This story (http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070522/SPORTS07/705220411/-1/SPORTS09) says Wassermann's dad graduated from St. John's Jesuit High School in Toledo, so that would suggest Ehren's family is not Jewish.

Is Stone going to call the game on radio?

on the call for the game would Dick Stockton, Ron Darling and Harold Reynolds per usa today

FWIW - Farmer was on with Dahl this morning and he said Stone and him would call tomorrow's game if necessary.

StepsInSC
09-29-2008, 10:37 AM
I always get confused by Judaism and its ties to ethnicity/nationality/race, but since one way to be Jewish is by birth, (other being conversion but semi-rare) and those that are born of Jewish parent(s) are always considered Jewish, being Jewish is something more than a religion. Maybe someone can help out here that knows more. I think the evidence that Wassermann isn't Jewish is the fact that he went to a Jesuit high school, although it really doesn't prove too much (can/would Jewish parents send their kid to a Jesuit private school for the perceived better education?) Fun discussion, for sure.

Yeah I don't think it's a nationality. My point was mainly that Wasserman can be a Jewish name; I've met 2 Jewish persons with that last name. Who knows if he is.

jabrch
09-29-2008, 10:52 AM

Can - SURE

Would - Depends

Here's the trick to judiasm - it ranges from reformed (less strict) to orthodox (http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:_hzmRnqPEuFxNM:http://images.usatoday.com/news/_photos/2006/12/11/holocaust-topper.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://images.usatoday.com/news/_photos/2006/12/11/holocaust-topper.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2006-12-11-iran-holocaust_x.htm&h=270&w=472&sz=34&hl=en&start=2&usg=__IBFpO4UD8F2igDACFFahaWndrpg=&tbnid=_hzmRnqPEuFxNM:&tbnh=74&tbnw=129&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dorthodox%2Bjews%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den)) Within that band, you have people who would or wouldn't do just about anything.

There are pork eaters and there those who wouldn't touch something that touched the pig. There are people who work on Saturday, and there are people who won't even turn on or off a light switch. There are people who would work on Rosh Hashana and others who wouldn't think of it.

So to answer your question - It depends.

Max Power
09-29-2008, 12:21 PM
I think the evidence that Wassermann isn't Jewish is the fact that he went to a Jesuit high school, although it really doesn't prove too much (can/would Jewish parents send their kid to a Jesuit private school for the perceived better education?) Fun discussion, for sure.

I went to a Jesuit high school and there were a few Jewish kids there. I also have a last name that is either German or Jewish (or both?) depending on your perspective. I'm not Jewish, though I am occasionally assumed to be based on my last name. Ehren and I have a lot in common in this area- assuming he's not Jewish either.

voodoochile
09-29-2008, 01:26 PM
Can - SURE

Would - Depends

Here's the trick to judiasm - it ranges from reformed (less strict) to orthodox (http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:_hzmRnqPEuFxNM:http://images.usatoday.com/news/_photos/2006/12/11/holocaust-topper.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://images.usatoday.com/news/_photos/2006/12/11/holocaust-topper.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2006-12-11-iran-holocaust_x.htm&h=270&w=472&sz=34&hl=en&start=2&usg=__IBFpO4UD8F2igDACFFahaWndrpg=&tbnid=_hzmRnqPEuFxNM:&tbnh=74&tbnw=129&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dorthodox%2Bjews%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den)) Within that band, you have people who would or wouldn't do just about anything.

There are pork eaters and there those who wouldn't touch something that touched the pig. There are people who work on Saturday, and there are people who won't even turn on or off a light switch. There are people who would work on Rosh Hashana and others who wouldn't think of it.

So to answer your question - It depends.

Judaism by definition is passed through the Mother. You aren't Jewish if you Mom is Catholic no matter what your dad is. You can be rasied Jewish, but traditionally it's the Mom's "genes" who carry the "Jewishness".

jabrch
09-29-2008, 01:32 PM
Judaism by definition is passed through the Mother. You aren't Jewish if you Mom is Catholic no matter what your dad is. You can be rasied Jewish, but traditionally it's the Mom's "genes" who carry the "Jewishness".

Now that's the technical definition - but there are those who consider themselves to be jewish despite not having a mother who is jewish. And ya know what...who the hell am I to say otherwise?

A lot of it is if you relate to the culture and the community. I know the orthodox don't buy it - but I do. I know a lot of people who's mother isn't Jewish who are MUCH better Jews than I am... I have a problem with religion's self-stratification amongst the good and the bad. It just doesn't sound right to me. Religion should be about what you feel - not what others feel about you...

But then again - even that is a personal issue...

So - back to the 1 game playoff on Tuesday....If g-d is a baseball fan, I hope he takes a bit of time away from pressing issues to send 13 more wins the Sox way in 2008. I know (s)he has much better things to do with his/her time, but if you can create the universe in 6 days, how hard would it be to manipulate a few baseball games?

:)

EndemicSox
09-29-2008, 01:35 PM
I went to the website, and saw a link to buy one-game playoff tickets, but it simply took me to a page with no info. I also see a pricing category called Premier**, it's the highest of the 4 categories, with the others being Monday, Regular, and Prime. Am I right in assuming this was just created for the one-game playoff?

EDIT: Looks like the link is no longer up

voodoochile
09-29-2008, 01:36 PM
So - back to the 1 game playoff on Tuesday....If g-d is a baseball fan, I hope he takes a bit of time away from pressing issues to send 13 more wins the Sox way in 2008. I know (s)he has much better things to do with his/her time, but if you can create the universe in 6 days, how hard would it be to manipulate a few baseball games?

:)

I'll buy the first celebratory round of lobster and deep dish sausage, extra cheese pizza if it should come to pass... :gulp:

voodoochile
09-29-2008, 01:38 PM
I went to the website, and saw a link to buy one-game playoff tickets, but it simply took me to a page with no info. I also see a pricing category called Premier**, it's the highest of the 4 categories, with the others being Monday, Regular, and Prime. Am I right in assuming this was just created for the one-game playoff?

I am sure. They need to have it set up in advance so they can sell as fast as possible, but they won't activate it until it becomes necessary.

chisoxfanatic
09-29-2008, 01:42 PM

EDIT: Looks like the link is no longer up
My season ticket rep said it would be the same pricing as Sox/Cubs.

RTI_SoxFan
09-29-2008, 01:54 PM
So you can purchase tickets online once we know if there is a game tomorrow or not?:scratch:

UofCSoxFan
09-29-2008, 02:10 PM
My season ticket rep said it would be the same pricing as Sox/Cubs.

No real suprise. This effectively would be a playoff game and undoubtedly will sell out.