PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie's latest comments on Cabrera

EuroSox35
09-26-2008, 04:02 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/1186501,CST-SPT-ssep26.article

Not sure if this was posted, but I think this was out of line...actually he has played with damn good managers and players...Better then he thinks? How about one of our hottest players in a dead offense? .333 in his last week, .351 in September, a guy who actually stepped up when Quentin went down and the team needed it most...

So he told what he (and most Sox fans) thought was the truth in an interview when the team was playing like dog****, there's more important things to worry about then starting a pissing match with Orlando Cabrera...

champagne030
09-26-2008, 04:04 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/1186501,CST-SPT-ssep26.article

Not sure if this was posted, but I think this was out of line...actually he has played with damn good managers and players...Better then he thinks? How about one of our hottest players in a dead offense? .333 in his last week, .351 in September, a guy who actually stepped up when Quentin went down and the team needed it most...

So he told what he (and most Sox fans) thought was the truth in an interview when the team was playing like dog****, there's more important things to worry about then starting a pissing match with Orlando Cabrera...

Oswaldo is in CYA mode. He's going to throw his players under the bus and say it wasn't his fault the Sox collapsed.

Believe It!
09-26-2008, 04:08 PM
Oswaldo is in CYA mode. He's going to throw his players under the bus and say it wasn't his fault the Sox collapsed.
I wouldn't be surprised if he called it quits after the season is over

It's Dankerific
09-26-2008, 04:10 PM

And the hopes and dreams of many a Sox fan would be answered.

Rocky Soprano
09-26-2008, 04:12 PM

How is Ozzie throwing players under the bus?
He's ripping Orlando for having a big mouth.
Ozzie has always said that he doesn't mind taking the blame for losing, rather him than his players.

thedudeabides
09-26-2008, 04:15 PM
This quote has a ton of thruth in it:

''The thing Orlando has to understand is you're not a leader in a day. You have to be a leader from the beginning to the end.''

champagne030
09-26-2008, 04:16 PM

And the hopes and dreams of many a Sox fan would be answered.:praying:

Ozzie has always said that he doesn't mind taking the blame for losing, rather him than his players.

He's been spewing crap all week about he's doing what's best for the team and anyone that doesn't agree with that can go **** themselves.

EuroSox35
09-26-2008, 04:19 PM

Yeah, but he already addressed it, now, when you're supposed be keeping morale high since we do still have the possibility of Oct baseball, he comes out and continues this crap. 'He thinks he's better then he is...If we win it's as a team, if we lose, it's Cabrera's fault...', etc...

BringBackBlkJack
09-26-2008, 04:21 PM
And the hopes and dreams of many a Sox fan would be answered.

Yeah, ok. The grass is always greener on the other side. I'd like to hear a name of someone who you think would do a better job. Ozzie's done what he can with the hand he was dealt. It's not easy to lose names like Crede, Linebrink, Quentin and Contreras and have to rely on unproven starters/bench players to take their place. This team wasn't even supposed to be here, remember?? OC has been a problem throughout the year. Can you really sit there and say that his attitude toward his teammates is helpful to the team as a whole? OC is in the wrong here, so don't turn this around on Ozzie.

It's Dankerific
09-26-2008, 04:30 PM
Yeah, ok. The grass is always greener on the other side. I'd like to hear a name of someone who you think would do a better job. Ozzie's done what he can with the hand he was dealt. It's not easy to lose names like Crede, Linebrink, Quentin and Contreras and have to rely on unproven starters/bench players to take their place. This team wasn't even supposed to be here, remember?? OC has been a problem throughout the year. Can you really sit there and say that his attitude toward his teammates is helpful to the team as a whole? OC is in the wrong here, so don't turn this around on Ozzie.

Pull random names from the phonebook, put them in a hat, pull one out, and there you go. I'd have more faith in that person, whoever it is, learning what to do than this stubborn idiot you call Ozzie.

white sox bill
09-26-2008, 04:34 PM
:praying:

He's been spewing crap all week about he's doing what's best for the team and anyone that doesn't agree with that can go **** themselves.

Great with my GF's gone for the night, I get sex tonight!! But w/myself??!!

Rocky Soprano
Pull random names from the phonebook, put them in a hat, pull one out, and there you go. I'd have more faith in that person, whoever it is, learning what to do than this stubborn idiot you call Ozzie.

Oh wow, sorry but this has to be one if not the dumbest posts I have ever seen.

Is Ozzie stubborn? Yes. Is he an idiot? No.
He did lead us to a freaking World Series Championship.

How many times have we heard that Ozzie wants a different type of team and not one built around home run hitters?

Its not all Ozzie's fault.

Madvora
Yep, this sounds a lot like a team in total disarray.
An embarrassing season all around, underperforming from nearly everyone and a bad clubhouse environment.
Congratulations on two ridiculous seasons in a row former world champs!

EuroSox35
09-26-2008, 04:36 PM
OC has been a problem throughout the year. Can you really sit there and say that his attitude toward his teammates is helpful to the team as a whole? OC is in the wrong here, so don't turn this around on Ozzie.

Actually I have no problem with what Cabrera said. The only reason he's said it is because the old guys on the team who decided to not show up, ala Dye, are hovering in a corner right now

russ99
09-26-2008, 04:36 PM

Jerry Manuel?
Terry Bevington?
Jim Fregosi?

Boy some fans have a real short memory around here... Maybe some of you '05 bandwagoners should go back to what you were doing in 2004 and leave the team to the real fans who stick with them through good and bad.

Ozzie's the best manager we've had since Tanner, and I witnessed some of his managing. I'll be very upset when Ozzie leaves or gets fired, vastly more than I'd be if the Sox can't make the playoffs in 2008.

And these are men playing a kids game. Just cause OC steps forward like a man, as misguided as he may be doesn't mean he's in the wrong. Where the heck did our so-called captain disappear to?

EuroSox35
09-26-2008, 04:38 PM
How many times have we heard that Ozzie wants a different type of team and not one built around home run hitters?

How many times has he picked the old and slow HR or nothing when he had younger guys as alternatives? He did 3 times this past series, I know there were more than a few balls (that led to runs) yesterday that our LF and CF had issues with...

Rocky Soprano
09-26-2008, 04:41 PM
How many times has he picked the old and slow HR or nothing when he had younger guys as alternatives? He did 3 times this past series, I know there were more than a few balls (that led to runs) yesterday that our LF and CF had issues with...

Only because the younger guys are as equally as bad. This team is built on the long ball, period. Anderson should be in CF. I did say that Ozzie is stubborn and that he is partly to blame. I just dont think the full blame is on him. And I dont think there is anyone in the phonebook that would do a better job than him.

Frontman
09-26-2008, 04:43 PM
Actually I have no problem with what Cabrera said. The only reason he's said it is because the old guys on the team who decided to not show up, ala Dye, are hovering in a corner right now

And where was the great OC when a bloop hit to the grassline yesterday? Missing a play that was clearly Juan's to begin with. Juan OR ALexei at short instead of OC would of had that one.

OC can go pack his bags. I agree with Ozzie that you don't go to the press in the last week of the season and start trying to "lead" the team. Had the comments been in-house; I have no problem with any one of the 25, including a rookie like Alexei or one called up from AAA saying, "Hey, what is with sitting and waiting for failure? If we're doing down, we're going down fighting and kicking and screaming all the way."

But OC singled out players and said they weren't performing to the press. How exactly is that "leading?"

And again, I don't blame this fiasco on Ozzie. I blame it on Kenny. We should of gotten an CF and/or leadoff hitter instead of trying to shoe-horn Swish into that role.

Ozzie has made mistakes, some of them glaring this week. But again, when you have a team of veteran players who know how to get this done and they don't; given the fact they have some glaring holes on the roster?

I blame the GM more than the manager.

Rocky Soprano
09-26-2008, 04:44 PM
And where was the great OC when a bloop hit to the grassline yesterday? Missing a play that was clearly Juan's to begin with. Juan OR ALexei at short instead of OC would of had that one.

OC can go pack his bags. I agree with Ozzie that you don't go to the press in the last week of the season and start trying to "lead" the team. Had the comments been in-house; I have no problem with any one of the 25, including a rookie like Alexei or one called up from AAA saying, "Hey, what is with sitting and waiting for failure? If we're doing down, we're going down fighting and kicking and screaming all the way."

But OC singled out players and said they weren't performing to the press. How exactly is that "leading?"

And again, I don't blame this fiasco on Ozzie. I blame it on Kenny. We should of gotten an CF and/or leadoff hitter instead of trying to shoe-horn Swish into that role.

Ozzie has made mistakes, some of them glaring this week. But again, when you have a team of veteran players who know how to get this done and they don't; given the fact they have some glaring holes on the roster?

Very well said. I agree completely.

PhillipsBubba
09-26-2008, 04:46 PM
Joe Cowley had a hard on for Royce Clayton and has a bigger one for Orlando Cabrera...nuff said.

LITTLE NELL
09-26-2008, 04:46 PM
3 or 4 games left, shake up this team and send the cancer(OC) home. Fields at 3B, Uribe at SS, Alexei leads off, Swish in LF, Anderson in CF. Some of you will laugh but nothing else is working.

Frontman
09-26-2008, 04:49 PM
3 or 4 games left, shake up this team and send the cancer(OC) home. Fields at 3B, Uribe at SS, Alexei leads off, Swish in LF, Anderson in CF. Some of you will laugh but nothing else is working.

*cough* Carlos Quetin *cough*

PorkChopExpress
09-26-2008, 04:54 PM

Pot, meet kettle.

Rocky Soprano
09-26-2008, 04:56 PM
Pot, meet kettle.

Even so, Cabrera isn't the boss.

Konerko05
09-26-2008, 05:01 PM

Just because you agree with what Cabrera said, it doesn't make it right for him to go blabbing the same stuff to anyone in the media who will listen.

Do you really think these veteran players Cabrera has barely even associated with are going to respond well to hearing these second hand comments?

My stance on Cabrera has gone back and forth all year. After the first couple months, I thought he was completely overrated. By the middle of the season, I realized only his defense was overrated. Towards the end of the season, I started liking him. I thought he was "a gamer." He is a player who knows how to win and isn't scared to do so.

Now, even though he is still producing on the field, his "gamer" attitude looks like shtick. He seems more concerned with letting everyone outside of the team know that is a gamer. If he wanted to be a real leader, he would have established relationships with the rest of the team. He would have tried to motivate this team in the clubhouse all year.

If he is just a leader by example, that's fine. But a leader by example doesn't go on telling everyone what a great leader they are. Talking **** about your teammates to the media is not the actions of a leader. Those are actions of a selfish player. The first time he did it, I was fine with it. Now I'm starting to realize he is just a bad teammate.

Sorry Cabrera, but there are people on this team that won just as many rings as you. There is also a reason why next season you will be on your 5th team in the last 6 years. I appreciate what you have tried to do on the field, but as your last 4 teams have realized, it's just not worth it.

nitetrain8601
09-26-2008, 05:02 PM
I have no problem with Cabrera calling out the team. He's correct. There is a time to have fun, and there's a time to start getting serious. Where's the supposed leader, Paul Konerko? I have not seen a guy do so little, yet be called a leader that is still a player. I rather have more guys like Cabrera than guys like PK.

It's Dankerific
09-26-2008, 05:05 PM
Oh wow, sorry but this has to be one if not the dumbest posts I have ever seen.

Is Ozzie stubborn? Yes. Is he an idiot? No.
He did lead us to a freaking World Series Championship.

Its not all Ozzie's fault.

These and the Ozzie Apologists. How much money was spent on payroll for these other managers? Oh..

Ozzie says alot of **** that he never actually does. What he does do, is rely on old players that are one dimensional AND CANT DO THAT WELL.

Whatever Ozzie had in 2005, whether it was luck or skill or some combination of both is WAAAAAAAAAAAYYY gone.

But its ok, call me stupid for wanting someone out of the phonebook as you watch Ozzie piss another golden opportunity down the drain.

What has been his big ****ing accomplishment dealing with injuries? Not being able to figure out who to start for Jose? Turning a one game disadvantage into a weeks worth of disadvantages? Sticking with the same ****ing bullpen "strategy" that always results in ball in play.. run(s) scored? Sticking players that can barely hit .200 in the lineup EVERYDAY while telling us that we can't play the good defense guys because of OFFENSE?

What one thing has Ozzie done since 2005 to inspire this kind of blind loyalty??

Stop calling people bandwagon fans just because you're happy for life we one a single championship. Its the same damn problem some of these veterans must have, they're full and happy with the past.

Lip Man 1
09-26-2008, 05:27 PM
Ozzie doesn't play the kids because generally they aren't very good. I don't think he has a lot of confidence in them.

Lip

khan
09-26-2008, 05:29 PM
I have no problem with Cabrera calling out the team. He's correct. There is a time to have fun, and there's a time to start getting serious. Where's the supposed leader, Paul Konerko? I have not seen a guy do so little, yet be called a leader that is still a player. I rather have more guys like Cabrera than guys like PK.

Agreed. While Cabrera may have picked a poor time for this, and he may not have stated it well, does anyone here disagree with his premise? Though he's been a tool in other instances [calling the official scorer, etc...] what he's stated is correct, IMO.

Konerko's job as captain is to lead the team, while [part of] Ozzie's job is to protect his players. IMO, both of these guys screwed this one up inasmuch as Cabrera picked the wrong time to say such a thing.

It's Dankerific
09-26-2008, 05:30 PM
Ozzie doesn't play the kids because generally they aren't very good. I don't think he has a lot of confidence in them.

Lip

Can they catch a ball? can they run down a "triple"?

Can they go 0-12??

Rocky Soprano
09-26-2008, 05:33 PM
These and the Ozzie Apologists. How much money was spent on payroll for these other managers? Oh..

Ozzie says alot of **** that he never actually does. What he does do, is rely on old players that are one dimensional AND CANT DO THAT WELL.

Whatever Ozzie had in 2005, whether it was luck or skill or some combination of both is WAAAAAAAAAAAYYY gone.

But its ok, call me stupid for wanting someone out of the phonebook as you watch Ozzie piss another golden opportunity down the drain.

What has been his big ****ing accomplishment dealing with injuries? Not being able to figure out who to start for Jose? Turning a one game disadvantage into a weeks worth of disadvantages? Sticking with the same ****ing bullpen "strategy" that always results in ball in play.. run(s) scored? Sticking players that can barely hit .200 in the lineup EVERYDAY while telling us that we can't play the good defense guys because of OFFENSE?

What one thing has Ozzie done since 2005 to inspire this kind of blind loyalty??

Stop calling people bandwagon fans just because you're happy for life we one a single championship. Its the same damn problem some of these veterans must have, they're full and happy with the past.

Hilarious stuff. I personally don't even like Ozzie. Didn't even like him as a player.

But I don't let my personal opinion of him or what he says get in the way.

What other choice does Ozzie have than relying on old players? You want to see Fields and Owens out there?

He can only do so much with the team that was given to him.

And I NEVER said I was satisfied with one championship and I NEVER called you a bandwagon fan.

This team pisses me off as much as you, I just dont think Ozzie is the main culprit.

It's Dankerific
09-26-2008, 05:40 PM
Hilarious stuff. I personally don't even like Ozzie. Didn't even like him as a player.

But I don't let my personal opinion of him or what he says get in the way.

What other choice does Ozzie have than relying on old players? You want to see Fields and Owens out there?

He can only do so much with the team that was given to him.

And I NEVER said I was satisfied with one championship and I NEVER called you a bandwagon fan.

This team pisses me off as much as you, I just dont think Ozzie is the main culprit.

Rocky: Thats why I said and other ozzie people. I was trying to keep from having to quote the other posts. I know you were not calling me out for being a bandwagon fan, but another poster did. sorry if it seemed in your direction.

That said, at least 2 games would have different scores with BA in CF and Griffey or Swisher in LF. And that assumes that BA and Swisher go 0 fer everything with no walks.

Also, why weren't we protecting the infield line in the 8th inning?

I think the pieces were on the board for a rather simple trip to the playoffs. (not speculating on how well we would do in them) and they were glued to the board out of position by a stubborn, stubborn man.

And tonight, we get a crazy lineup, so the idea of "we can't change in a pennant race" is just another apology. As is, you go with the people that made you fight for a lead other than winning by several games.

Tragg
09-26-2008, 05:53 PM
That's what he says.
That's not what he does - at least since 06.

BadBobbyJenks
09-26-2008, 05:54 PM
Can I agree with what OC said and Ozzie said?

Frontman
09-26-2008, 06:32 PM
Can I agree with what OC said and Ozzie said?

In my baseball world, yes you can. Noone is 100% right, and none of them are 100% wrong either.

OC to speak up with 5 games left was laughable. We all agreed with him, but all of a sudden, Mr. Free Agent Market finds a voice and a microphone? Call me crazy, but I personally don't believe his BS.

Ozzie was right in saying you have to be a leader since day one. What Ozzie didn't say (and the part where I'm frustrated with him) is that his leaders since day one have now all begun to cower instead of lead.

BadBobbyJenks
09-26-2008, 06:39 PM
In my baseball world, yes you can. Noone is 100% right, and none of them are 100% wrong either.

OC to speak up with 5 games left was laughable. We all agreed with him, but all of a sudden, Mr. Free Agent Market finds a voice and a microphone? Call me crazy, but I personally don't believe his BS.

Ozzie was right in saying you have to be a leader since day one. What Ozzie didn't say (and the part where I'm frustrated with him) is that his leaders since day one have now all begun to cower instead of lead.

This was exactly my take on the OC quote. I agreed with what was said, but did not agree with who said it.

I thought what Ozzie said about Orlando was accurate as well.

champagne030
09-26-2008, 07:04 PM

Assuming Ozzie resigned (He won't be fired after this season), I doubt the Sox would go for a "big" name and I don't like any of them anyway. Off the top of my head, I'd certainly give these three guys an interview and see what they said:

Ron Roenicke
Chip Hale
Scott Ullger

KingXerxes
09-26-2008, 10:09 PM
Assuming Ozzie resigned (He won't be fired after this season), I doubt the Sox would go for a "big" name and I don't like any of them anyway. Off the top of my head, I'd certainly give these three guys an interview and see what they said:

Ron Roenicke
Chip Hale
Scott Ullger

:hawk

"Well.........if you ask me.......and you should ask me 'cause I've been around this game for fifty......heck fifty plus years.......I think the White Sox should look for a manager who has been around this game for fifty.........heck fifty plus years."

jabrch
09-26-2008, 10:38 PM
There is a large portion of the fans of this franchise who completely suck. Many of them post here.

Adele_H
09-26-2008, 10:38 PM

Rick Hahn, err I mean, Kenny Williams is not completely blameless in all of this:

1) Garland + Gio + DLS + Sweeney + another piece should have been spun into a blockbuster deal for a Halladay/Peavy-type STUD pitcher instead of two decent position players. Kenny was a little impatient after missing out on Hunter and failed to see the situation fully develop.

2) Chad Bradford or even Scott Eyre could have been had for peanuts. Instead he put his faith in Ramirez, Logan and Wasserman. Cost the team 2-3 wins and the playoffs right there.

However, KW gets a pass for

1) Unearthing Quentin, Alexei
2) Not giving up on Floyd, Danks
3) Not throwing Uribe or Thornton into nearest dumpster - as fans were demanding

5 main Culprits of 2008:

-Bad Luck (injuries to Quentin, Crede, Linerbink)
-Paul Konerko
-Nick Swisher
-Greg Walker
-Ozzie Guillen

Adele_H
09-26-2008, 10:41 PM
There is a large portion of the fans of this franchise who completely suck. Many of them post here.

Aww...

Super insightful/informative and so totally not hateful, as per usual.

LOL

EuroSox35
09-26-2008, 10:52 PM

I just find it pretty hilarious that Ozzie tells anyone to shut their mouth, or has any credibility in terms of schooling people on saying appropriate things in appropriate times...

Frontman
09-26-2008, 10:57 PM
I just find it pretty hilarious that Ozzie tells anyone to shut their mouth, or has any credibility in terms of schooling people on saying appropriate things in appropriate times...

Hey now. Never did I say Ozzie is the patron saint of keeping one's mouth shut; but he did have a point. OC after 5 months, 3 weeks of NOT speaking up all of a sudden finds a voice to BLAME others?

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut. Or in this case, the nut (Ozzie) happened to land on the blind squirrel's head.

Either way, OC is gone and I don't think too many of us are going to miss him.

Tragg
09-26-2008, 11:15 PM
Don't be so hard on yourself.

Bill Naharodny
09-26-2008, 11:51 PM
:hawk

"Well.........if you ask me.......and you should ask me 'cause I've been around this game for fifty......heck fifty plus years.......I think the White Sox should look for a manager who has been around this game for fifty.........heck fifty plus years."

:redneck

Nellie_Fox
09-27-2008, 12:40 AM
...Better then he thinks?...there's more important things to worry about then starting a pissing match with Orlando Cabrera...

Yeah, but he already addressed it, now, when you're supposed be keeping morale high since we do still have the possibility of Oct baseball, he comes out and continues this crap. 'He thinks he's better then he is...If we win it's as a team, if we lose, it's Cabrera's fault...', etc...Than.

BleacherBandit
09-27-2008, 12:42 AM
Than.

Did it really irritate you that much? :redface:

Nellie_Fox
09-27-2008, 12:43 AM
Did it really irritate you that much? :redface:You have no idea.

Adele_H
09-27-2008, 02:46 AM
You have no idea.

Personal Question: in the olden times, would you have challenged him to a pistol dual over something like that?

I mean, if you both lived in the olden times and there were computers.

kitekrazy
09-27-2008, 07:54 AM
There's a reason why OC doesn't stay with a team very long. It's obvious he doesn't "get it".

credefan19
09-27-2008, 10:29 AM
orlando's right...

The Dude
09-27-2008, 10:35 AM

Exactly! These so called vets are an embarrassment to the sport. We have no heart and no stones.

nitetrain8601
09-27-2008, 12:44 PM
Hey now. Never did I say Ozzie is the patron saint of keeping one's mouth shut; but he did have a point. OC after 5 months, 3 weeks of NOT speaking up all of a sudden finds a voice to BLAME others?

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut. Or in this case, the nut (Ozzie) happened to land on the blind squirrel's head.

Either way, OC is gone and I don't think too many of us are going to miss him.

The thing is maybe there wasn't anything to complain about before. I mean, everyone knew we were a streaky team, but now he's seeing people give up before even playing the games like with the Twins when they were talking about having to play in the dome, etc.

jabrch
09-27-2008, 12:53 PM
Personal Question: in the olden times, would you have challenged him to a pistol dual over something like that?

I doubt it. Nellie would have been much more likely to challenge him to a duel.

jabrch
09-27-2008, 12:55 PM
Exactly! These so called vets are an embarrassment to the sport. We have no heart and no stones.

It is not heart.

It is not stones.

It is not guts.

It is not fight.

It is about runs and outs. We aren't getting enough of the former before we reach 27 of the latter. And we are giving up too many of the former before getting 27 (or so) of the latter.

asindc
09-27-2008, 02:35 PM
This was exactly my take on the OC quote. I agreed with what was said, but did not agree with who said it.

I thought what Ozzie said about Orlando was accurate as well.

This says it all for me.

Brian26
09-27-2008, 02:58 PM
Ozzie's the best manager we've had since Tanner, and I witnessed some of his managing.

I think Torborg was the best.

Frontman
09-27-2008, 03:21 PM
The thing is maybe there wasn't anything to complain about before. I mean, everyone knew we were a streaky team, but now he's seeing people give up before even playing the games like with the Twins when they were talking about having to play in the dome, etc.

You still keep it in-house; behind closed doors. OC calling out all the players who will be with the Sox next season only insured his departure from the team. In doing so, he'll make it seem that HE was still willing to play with heart, and the rest of the 24 guys on the roster didn't care anymore.

Which is BS. The Sox have been a streaky team. All of us here were hoping they'd streak for a few more weeks on an uptick. Sadly, it didn't happen.

canOcorn
09-27-2008, 03:27 PM
You still keep it in-house; behind closed doors. OC calling out all the players who will be with the Sox next season only insured his departure from the team. In doing so, he'll make it seem that HE was still willing to play with heart, and the rest of the 24 guys on the roster didn't care anymore.

Which is BS. The Sox have been a streaky team. All of us here were hoping they'd streak for a few more weeks on an uptick. Sadly, it didn't happen.

Who did he call out that will be with the team next season?

Someone else posted that maybe OC shouldn't have been the one to say it, but it was true. And it is true. Paulie, Dye, Thome, someone should've said something long before Cabrera made his statement.

And he didn't call out anyone in particular. It's not like Ozzie who called Javy a choker before he even took the mound.

Adele_H
09-27-2008, 04:15 PM

You no what? I don't care.

I just want somebody from the rotation to do what Danks did in Kansas City on Sunday - hell, I'll even settle for what Buerhle did in Minnesota on Wed.

I just want Thome to get on base ANY way he can when he is leading off the inning in order to set up a big rally inning. No overswinging for that majestic towering 490 foot solo shots over the fole poul in right.

I just want Cabrera to catch the damn ball and look to line soft singles to CF/RCF/RF

I just want Uribe not to swing at outside slider like it was an inside fastball.

I just want Dye to get a good read on a fly ball and not slam into any wall while the ball is nowhere near.

I just never want to see Griffey in CF for as long as I live.

I just want Alexei to remember that Cooperstown is not quite ready for him and as such that he still needs to make adjustments once in a while.

I just want AJ not to be such a bleached vagina and block a plate once in a friggin' while. And to call for a pitch, in a location, that the hitter is NOT looking for with bases loaded.

I just want Dye, Konerko and even Alexei (lately) to get simple basehits w. RISP and if they so HAPPEN to hit the ball out of the park, all the better... NOT the other way around.

I want Jenks not to lay an 0-2 pitch into a wheelhouse of a hitter who would probably miss a decent hammer in the dirt by a foot.

I just want Dotel to remember that he used to throw a decent breaking ball once upon the time.

I want MacDougal to remember that nobody can hit his turbo-sinking fastball hard, so he doesn't need to be scared of the strikezone so much.

I just want Quentin to NOT have been such a friggin' idiot! Next time adopt a kitten instead of breaking your hand, Carlos.

All the melodrama and general losery permeating the Sox clubhouse, including the squabble in question featured in this thread? Could definately do without.