PDA

View Full Version : Cubs vs Brewers

Sox4ever77
09-26-2008, 11:55 AM
Dan Patrick asked this on his radio show.

How should the Cubs play this series vs the Brewers?

The Cubs have clinched home field, so this is a meaningless series to them. But this series means everything to the Mets, Phils, and of course the Brewers.

Personally, if the Cubs played this series, like they did against the Mets, it would be fine. There is no reason for any of their starters to go deep into the game. Pitch them 5-6 innings and then the bullpen. Play some of the reserves who haven't played much.

I know there is a lot of hatred for the Cubs, but this is a bigger question and could apply to the Sox one day. But I know there will be some "Who gives a **** about the Cubs" replies.

hellview
09-26-2008, 11:58 AM
If I were the Cubs and your rival is fighting for a postseason spot I would go all out like it was game 7 of the World Series.

But Lou will have Pie and a bunch of MiLB scrubs in the games.

Juice16
09-26-2008, 11:59 AM
I hope the Cubs lay down so the Brewers win the wild card. This way the Cubs will have to play the Dodgers in the first round.

hi im skot
09-26-2008, 12:10 PM
After living in Milwaukee for a bit, I've adopted them as my "second" team. I was rooting for the Cubs to beat the Mets this week, and I'll be rooting for the Brewers against the Cubs.

SoxSpeed22
09-26-2008, 12:13 PM
Personally, I think the Cubs should be ******s and try and knock them out of the playoffs. Much like we did to Cleveland in 2005. With all of the hype the Brewers got, it would be satisfying to the Cubs to finish them off. The Cubs can also go into the playoffs playing loose.

eriqjaffe
09-26-2008, 02:50 PM
Personally, I think the Cubs should be ******s and try and knock them out of the playoffs. Much like we did to Cleveland in 2005.Not like the Sox were trotting out the A-list for those last 3 games in Cleveland. Ross Gload, Jor Borchard, Timo Perez, Raul Casanova...

chaerulez
09-26-2008, 03:08 PM
Not like the Sox were trotting out the A-list for those last 3 games in Cleveland. Ross Gload, Jor Borchard, Timo Perez, Raul Casanova...

Yeah we rested our players in the limited number of games we had the chance to do so in 2005. That is the right move. There is no reason for Lou to field a full strength roster. This is the advantage you get of clinching early.

The Philly media was crying about it during the Mets series, how about if the Phillies just take care of business and not worry about the Mets? Imagine if Ozzie had sent out all his regulars in 2005 and Crede pulled a muscle in his back or Konerko got hit by a pitch and sprained his wrist/elbow. And plus each regular will probably still play two out of the three games, at the very least one because Lou does believe you need to stay fresh and sitting out three straight games serves no purpose either.

AnkleSox
09-26-2008, 08:06 PM
I do remember there was a bit of anger from Red Sox fans that Ozzie was not playing his best roster, which apparently was giving Cleveland a better chance to win and thus take the Wild Card spot from Boston.

TomBradley72
09-27-2008, 11:42 AM
I was there last night. I'm actually a mile closer to Miller Park than The Cell and lived in Milwaukee for 5 years...so Brewers are my "National League team".

Between all the Cubs fans that were there and the Brewers fans hungry for a post season slot...had to be one of the most univerally drunk crowds I've ever experienced. People doing upside down beer bongs while tailgating in the parking lot...sold out crowd....Friday night....it was a very raucous night. But consistent with my experience in Milwaukee...it was a "happy drunk crowd"...no fights, etc. And a good one for the Brew Crew...chance to clinch the Wild Card today.

We sat in the reserved tables section of the TGI Fridays...with a big group of friends...very cool way to see a game and gave a great time. Then we closed Wolski's.