PDA

View Full Version : odds of tonight's game happening?

cheeses_h_rice
05-16-2002, 04:33 PM
I've got tix to the game tonight, but I'd rather not make a trek down and sit around if the game is just going to be cancelled.

Does anyone have any good sources of immediate, local weather info that could shed some light on this rain and whether it will move out/dissipate or not?

steff
05-16-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
I've got tix to the game tonight, but I'd rather not make a trek down and sit around if the game is just going to be cancelled.

Does anyone have any good sources of immediate, local weather info that could shed some light on this rain and whether it will move out/dissipate or not?

Looking out the office window as I type.. it doesn't look good. About an hour ago I could still see the Sears Tower.. no more. I don't think we're going to make the drive down.

Randar68
05-16-2002, 04:49 PM
Looks like it will clear in time to me:

http://image.weather.com/web/radar/us_ord_closeradar_large_usen.jpg

steff
05-16-2002, 04:51 PM
It's been coming down pretty hard the past 3 hours according to my girlfriend that works at the Mart... They're going to be slippin' & slidin' out there...

Randar68
05-16-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by steff3603
It's been coming down pretty hard the past 3 hours according to my girlfriend that works at the Mart... They're going to be slippin' & slidin' out there...

Not if Roger Bossard has anything to do with it...

No-Neck
05-16-2002, 04:59 PM
Cold and clear tonight, bring winter wear.

Rain should move out by 6 pm or so. :?:

Low 39 tonight. That's cold!!!!!!!

They'll get the game in, this is the only time that Texas makes it to Comiskey this year

Drink plenty of warmth young men :gulp:

cheeses_h_rice
05-16-2002, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the map, Randar -- that convinces me to go. Looks like it will be getting clearer as the hours tick by.

And thank god for Stadium Club passes from my brother!

:gulp: