PDA

View Full Version : Who will you be pulling for?

soxpride724
09-26-2008, 07:31 AM
So if the Sox don't get in this thing, will you still watch the MLB Playoffs? If so what team will you be pulling for?
I can say that I will not be rooting for any National League team as I only go with the A.L.
My team if the Sox don't get in will be the Angels.

credefan19
09-26-2008, 07:52 AM
i want the brew-crew to win if the sox din't, but it will be tb

aryzner
09-26-2008, 09:51 AM
Rays. I hope they go all the way.

rdwj
09-26-2008, 09:52 AM
I always pull for the central. So, if it's not us, I'll be rooting for the Twins.

sox1970
09-26-2008, 09:55 AM
I always pull for the central. So, if it's not us, I'll be rooting for the Twins.

That makes one of you.

I'll be brutally honest...ABC

Anybody But the...you know.

Law11
09-26-2008, 10:06 AM
I'll pull for the Brewers but they're pitching is a mess.

Boondock Saint
09-26-2008, 10:06 AM
If the Sox aren't in it, I just want to see some great baseball. Other than that, **** the Twins, **** the Red Sox and **** the Cubs.

cleanwsox
09-26-2008, 10:08 AM
In order:

Rays
Brewers/Mets
Phillies
Dodgers
Angels
Red Sox
Twins
Cubs

Twins Cubs WS would be absolutely awful.

MeteorsSox4367
09-26-2008, 10:24 AM
American League: Like the freshness of the Rays and just like the team as a whole. Always liked the Angels since I was a kid, probably give them a slight preferential edge over Tampa Bay.

Boston? Nope. Minnesota? Double nope.

National League: Always loved the Brewers. Like the Phillies, have no problem with the Dodgers. As for the other NL team, please.

Twins-Cubs World Series? IAW (I ain't watchin'.)

DSpivack
09-26-2008, 10:26 AM
Rays. If the Sox miss the playoffs, they'll [unless Boston somehow takes the division] face the Twins in the first round.

JUribe1989
09-26-2008, 10:28 AM
Players I'm thrilled to watch in the AL: Pedroia, Ellsbury, Teixeira

I'll be rooting for the Rays and Brew Crew (if they make it).

bigsoxfan420
09-26-2008, 10:33 AM
I will be rooting for the Twins. It would be great to see the Twins beat the Cubs in the WS. It would make the winter easier to get through (just because Cub fans won't be able to say ****).

KnightSox
09-26-2008, 10:44 AM
The Rays

Lip Man 1
09-26-2008, 10:54 AM
Sox Pride:

It is my policy that unless the Sox are in the post season. I don't care and don't watch a single inning.

This year especially considering the events of the past 72 hours and the fact that the Cubs are a legit favorite to win the N.L. and I'll be completely avoiding all baseball like it's the plague.

After this bi polar, schizoid Sox season, I need a long rest from it.

Lip

thomas35forever
09-26-2008, 11:20 AM
I will be rooting for the Twins. It would be great to see the Twins beat the Cubs in the WS. It would make the winter easier to get through (just because Cub fans won't be able to say ****).
As much as I hate to admit it, I'd love to see the Cubs be victims of Dome ball themselves. Then we can tell the fans that they now know how it felt when we got swept there.

In all seriousness though, I'll be pulling for the Rays. They've proven they can play with just about anybody this year. I like their chances in the WS if they make it.

roylestillman
09-26-2008, 11:37 AM
In order:

Rays
Brewers/Mets
Phillies
Dodgers
Angels
Red Sox
Twins
Cubs

Twins Cubs WS would be absolutely awful.

Ditto except if the Mets get in put them between the Angels and the Red Sox

PatK
09-26-2008, 11:39 AM
Angels
Dodgers
Rays
Phils
Brewers

chisoxfanatic
09-26-2008, 11:42 AM
Tampa and Phillies

I'd seriously root for Boston over the Twins if they are there. The only scenario I'd root for the Twins in is if they were to face the Cubs in the World Series.

btrain929
09-26-2008, 12:07 PM
AL = Boston because Pedroia is awesome.
NL = Every team playing the Cubs.

ohthosechisox
09-26-2008, 12:09 PM
The Rays! I think it would be great if they go all the way, and I feel that they have a really good chance to do so. I'm usually always pulling for the AL team in the WS except I wouldn't really care who won if there is a Rays-Brewers WS.

Woofer
09-26-2008, 12:16 PM
If I'm not pulling for the Sox, then it will be whoever plays the Twins and the Cubs. If the Twins play the Cubs, I pull for the Twins. That was easy.

bigsoxfan420
09-26-2008, 12:18 PM
As much as I hate to admit it, I'd love to see the Cubs be victims of Dome ball themselves. Then we can tell the fans that they now know how it felt when we got swept there.

In all seriousness though, I'll be pulling for the Rays. They've proven they can play with just about anybody this year. I like their chances in the WS if they make it.

I usually just root for the team from my teams division, league, etc.

Palehose Pete
09-26-2008, 12:19 PM
I'm entering a deep and prolonged media blackout if the Sox don't make it in this year. OK, maybe I'll root for the Angels. But I don't want to watch other people dance at a party that we got ourselves un-invited to, so I might check box scores. Yes, I'm bitter and short-sighted and defensive and probably in need of some perspective on the whole matter. So what? That's what the off-season is for.

Bucky F. Dent
09-26-2008, 12:21 PM
I'll be pulling for whoever is playing the flubs.

Palehose Pete
09-26-2008, 12:27 PM
If I'm not pulling for the Sox, then it will be whoever plays the Twins and the Cubs. If the Twins play the Cubs, I pull for the Twins. That was easy.

Nope, not me. I already asked Mrs. Palehose for a baseball ban in the house that if this waking nightmare of a WS matchup occurs. Fortunately for me, she agreed.

Eddo144
09-26-2008, 12:36 PM
In order, among teams still alive:

1. Brewers (never won before, close, like a lot of their players, my nephew had a summer internship covering them for mlb.com)
2. Rays (great story, underdogs, never won before, nothing against them)
3. Phillies (only won one World Series in their long existence, nothing against them)
4. Mets (teach people they're not a bunch of "chokers", I really like Wright and Beltran (who are both criminally underrated))
5. Red Sox (then they'll just be the new Yankees :devil:)
6. Dodgers (process of elimation, don't hate them as much as the next three)
7. Angels (at least they're not the Twins or Cubs)
8. Twins (at least they're not the Cubs)
9. Cubs (winning in the 100th year will just give Cubs fans a new point to beat to death, though I think winning a World Series will be the worst thing to happen to the Cub mystique - just not this year, it would only add to it)

areilly
09-26-2008, 12:47 PM
I'll watch out of simply enjoying the act of watching baseball, but that's about it. I wouldn't actively root for anyone, although I would harbor no resentment, jealousy or ill will towards either the Brewers or Rays for going the distance.

Actually, I'll throw the Phillies in there, if only because I like psychotic fanbases.

Orta 4-6-3
09-26-2008, 01:53 PM
Sox Pride:

This year especially considering the events of the past 72 hours and the fact that the Cubs are a legit favorite to win the N.L. and I'll be completely avoiding all baseball like it's the plague.

Lip

What Lip said.

In the AL, I've always kind of liked the Angels, Tampa winning would be a good story, and I hate the other two teams.

In the NL, I like the Brewers, the Phillies winning would be OK, I hate the Dodgers and Mets, and I won't mention that other team.

But I won't be watching (unless the Sox make it).

And if the unthinkable happens, I'm moving to New Zealand.

palehozenychicty
09-26-2008, 02:23 PM
I'm pulling for the Phillies, Dodgers, Rays, and the Angels. I don't even mind Boston that much. They all play entertaining baseball.

oeo
09-26-2008, 02:24 PM

I never understand this, how can you root for the enemy?

I hate rooting for every other AL team. I'll root for the Rays, and they're the only AL team I will cheer for in the World Series...unless whoever else it is plays the Chubs.

SoxSpeed22
09-26-2008, 02:45 PM
Whoever's playing Minnesota, if the Twins get in.

LITTLE NELL
09-26-2008, 02:49 PM
Got to go with my 2nd favorite team. Go Rays.
P.S. The Sox are not dead, we are on life support but need to make a quick recovery.

whitesox901
09-26-2008, 03:11 PM
Mets or Brewers

getonbckthr
09-26-2008, 03:18 PM
Rays vs Cubs

Johnny74
09-27-2008, 10:32 AM
Sox Pride:

It is my policy that unless the Sox are in the post season. I don't care and don't watch a single inning.

Lip

So you're not really a baseball fan, then? I never understand the "I don't watch the playoffs unless it's my team" attitude. If you love baseball watching the playoffs is great no matter who is playing. Baseball is a great sport and watching the best 8 teams battle it out to see who's the best is fun no matter who it is. C'mon, get over yourself and enjoy the games.

asindc
09-27-2008, 05:03 PM
IF things stay the way they are at the moment, my rooting interests from strongest to weakest in order:

Phillies (Love watching Rollins and Utley play);
Rays (like their team, though they and Marlins should be contracted);
Brewers (they have never won it, and I think their fans deserve it);
Dodgers (Jackie Robinson legacy);
Angels (nothing against them);
Twinkees (only by default because of the next two, which are...);
Boston (no explanation needed);
Cubs (ditto).

If the Mets make it, I would put them between Angels and Twinkees.

cnw8052
09-27-2008, 05:04 PM
I don't understand it either.

I could NEVER root for the Twins, or any other team in the same division as the White Sox, especially when the Sox are eliminated in the last week of the season by that team. UGH.

If it comes down to the Twins and Cubs in the World Series, then go Cubs!!!!

I never understand this, how can you root for the enemy?

I hate rooting for every other AL team. I'll root for the Rays, and they're the only AL team I will cheer for in the World Series...unless whoever else it is plays the Chubs.

soxfanreggie
09-27-2008, 05:11 PM
C'mon Royals, carry something over from last night!

palehozenychicty
09-27-2008, 06:22 PM
So you're not really a baseball fan, then? I never understand the "I don't watch the playoffs unless it's my team" attitude. If you love baseball watching the playoffs is great no matter who is playing. Baseball is a great sport and watching the best 8 teams battle it out to see who's the best is fun no matter who it is. C'mon, get over yourself and enjoy the games.

This is what I feel as well. At the end of the day, it's about the game. I'll watch anyone play if I get a ticket. Any moment, any time.