PDA

View Full Version : What say you now?

doublem23
09-26-2008, 12:06 AM
I need to dig up that poll from last week...

WhiteSox5187
09-26-2008, 12:07 AM
I'll be there on Friday, **** it, i'll go down with this ship.

sox1970
09-26-2008, 12:07 AM
:whiner:

manders_01
09-26-2008, 12:13 AM
The game tonight was disappointing, I will not deny that. And even though I am one of the biggest pessimists and cynics I know, I still believe the Sox are playoff bound.

LET'S GO SOX!!! :bandance:

sox1970
09-26-2008, 12:16 AM
The game tonight was disappointing, I will not deny that. And even though I am one of the biggest pessimists and cynics I know, I still believe the Sox are playoff bound.

LET'S GO SOX!!! :bandance:

Hope so. Not looking good. Sox need to get a break and get back into first tomorrow night. That'll get the fans back.

If the Sox lose and the Twins win tomorrow, then it's Taps.

bluestar
09-26-2008, 12:16 AM
I have serious doubts, but I had to vote yes.

Konerko05
09-26-2008, 12:17 AM
No matter what I'm thinking, I just can't bring myself to vote "no."

I can never turn off a game either. No matter how bad the Sox are getting killed, I can't walk away. I try to turn it off and do something else, but seconds later I find myself turning it right back on.

DaveFeelsRight
09-26-2008, 12:17 AM
I'll be there on Friday, **** it, i'll go down with this ship.aye aye captain!

aka: im down haha

DSpivack
09-26-2008, 12:20 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMB4xtnFlvo

oeo
09-26-2008, 12:41 AM
Who knows?

Even after tonight's devastating loss, I'm still anxiously awaiting tomorrow night's game. Maybe I'm just stupid. :redface:

chisoxfanatic
09-26-2008, 12:43 AM
Not happening. Tonight was their last opportunity. They will not have another breath this point on.

kevingrt
09-26-2008, 12:51 AM
I have serious doubts, but I had to vote yes.

Same. What am I suppose to say? No. Yeah right.

I thought we weren't going to win the '05 series too.

sox1970
09-26-2008, 01:18 AM
Coolstandings gives us 1 in 3 to make it.

JB98
09-26-2008, 01:22 AM
I voted 'yes' in the previous poll, because I thought we'd take at least one of three from the Twins.

I was wrong.

Now, I'm voting 'no.' I think we can take two out of three from the Indians, but the Twins are going to sweep the Royals and put us away.

doublem23
09-26-2008, 01:44 AM
Now, I'm voting 'no.' I think we can take two out of three from the Indians, but the Twins are going to sweep the Royals and put us away.

I'm holding out hope for a major letdown; after three big wins over the Sox, the Twins can't beat the Royals for three straight... They've got to have an emotional letdown at least once this series, right?

Sox win 2 of 3 from Cleveland
Minny wins 2 of 3 from KC
Sox beat Detroit on Monday
Sox beat Minny on Tuesday

PLAY-OFFS, BITCHES

chisoxfanatic
09-26-2008, 01:47 AM
the Twins can't beat the Royals for three straight

Isn't that what a bunch were saying about the series the Twins just swept us in? And, look at what happened.

If the Detroit game comes into play, I'll be thankful.

doublem23
09-26-2008, 01:49 AM
Isn't that what a bunch were saying about the series the Twins just swept us in? And, look at what happened.

If the Detroit game comes into play, I'll be thankful.

You gotta believe! KC's going to win 1 game this series, and that will be all the Sox need!

JB98
09-26-2008, 01:51 AM
I'm holding out hope for a major letdown; after three big wins over the Sox, the Twins can't beat the Royals for three straight... They've got to have an emotional letdown at least once this series, right?

Sox win 2 of 3 from Cleveland
Minny wins 2 of 3 from KC
Sox beat Detroit on Monday
Sox beat Minny on Tuesday

PLAY-OFFS, BITCHES

Well, yeah, we're all holding out hope that the Twins will suffer a letdown. That's the straw we have to clutch at.

If you made a poll that asked, "Do you hope the Sox will make the playoffs?", I would still answer yes. But the poll asks whether we think the Sox will make it. On that count, my answer is "nay."

chisoxfanatic
09-26-2008, 01:58 AM
You gotta believe! KC's going to win 1 game this series, and that will be all the Sox need!
I hope so, but I just don't have the confidence in them. I really would hope they're focused on not finishing in last place. If that's enough motivation for them, then that would be great.

Don't you have at least a LITTLE bit of a sinking feeling now, though? I think we all need a collective hug right now.

RockJock07
09-26-2008, 02:00 AM
Who knows?

Even after tonight's devastating loss, I'm still anxiously awaiting tomorrow night's game. Maybe I'm just stupid. :redface:

I'm really hoping the players feel the same. I'm hoping that after they let this loss seatle tonight that they are up at the crack ass of dawn at USCF just itching for 7 to roll around.

Win or loss tomorrow there must be some fire, they must come out with energy. Because If they come out and lose without putting up a fight then **** will really it the fan. The MIN series is over, but how they response tomorrow is something that I'm looing forward to.

Whitesoxfan23
09-26-2008, 02:39 AM
Which team will we see? A team with a defeated morale, or a team ready to kick some butt? Vote away folks!

pudge
09-26-2008, 02:59 AM
I'm going to be a negative nancy on this one, we just look like such a beaten ballclub. Injuries have been devastating. It's pretty heart breaking. Thank goodness '05 is in the back pocket, or I might be on a bridge somewhere.

:gulp:

Dan H
09-26-2008, 04:48 AM
This team is done. There is nothing left. If anyone sweeps this weekend, it will be Cleveland. The Minnesota series will go down as the worst in recent history. (I mean in the last 50 years.) I can't think of a time when the Sox let down their fans more. Konerko, Dye and Thome will do nothing this weekend. At least by Sunday or even Saturday, this crap will be over with. But the Twins series will leave a bad taste that will last for a long time.

LITTLE NELL
09-26-2008, 05:03 AM
this team is done. There is nothing left. If anyone sweeps this weekend, it will be cleveland. The minnesota series will go down as the worst in recent history. (i mean in the last 50 years.) i can't think of a time when the sox let down their fans more. Konerko, dye and thome will do nothing this weekend. At least by sunday or even saturday, this crap will be over with. But the twins series will leave a bad taste that will last for a long time.

chisoxfanatic
09-26-2008, 05:05 AM
Which team will we see? A team with a defeated morale, or a team ready to kick some butt? Vote away folks!
Check just a few threads below this:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=106250

Whitesoxfan23
09-26-2008, 06:02 AM
Oops my bad.

alohafri
09-26-2008, 07:34 AM

I am going down with the ship as well on Saturday and Sunday. I don't see the Sox going to the playoffs, but it is the last baseball until next spring, so what the ****? Tailgating with some old friends both days will dull the pain.

aryzner
09-26-2008, 07:37 AM
No, I don't think they'll make it. And I'm not being a "dark cloud" I'm just saying what I think.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-26-2008, 08:18 AM
The Sox STILL control their own fate. The road to the postseason still passes through Sox Park.

Last night was played like Game 7 by both managers because the TWINS were basically fighting off elimination, not the clincher! We're now tied in the loss column!

It's a good thing Ozzie and Gardenhire know how to read the standings better than the average fan.

doublem23
09-26-2008, 08:23 AM
The Sox STILL control their own fate. The Twins don't.

Don't they, too? This whole "the Sox still control their own destiny" relies on the Sox beating the Twins in the 1-game play-off; If the Twins win their remaining games, they win the division, too.

angiew
09-26-2008, 08:25 AM
I just can't bring myself to vote no.....still have a shot. As long as there's hope I'm going to vote for our boys every time.

GO WHOTE SOX!!!!

Hitmen77
09-26-2008, 08:28 AM
The Sox playoff hopes are essentially OVAH! Forget it. Put down the silver and black kool-aid and face reality. This is not 2005 all over again - this is 2003 all over again.

The Sox were in the driver's seat going into the Dome and blew it. Anyone who says they are surprised by how the Sox played up there has been living in Fantasyland.

I'd be more hopeful if the Twins were going on the road and the Sox were playing some bottom feeder....but with the Twins hosting KC and the Sox taking on the hot Indians (including Cliff Lee)? Not gonna happen.

Not that the Sox were invincible beforehand, but losing Quentin really took the wind out of their sails. It doesn't help that his teammates failed to step up offensively to help lessen the blow.

The Sox had a golden opportunity to grab a bigger chunk of the Chicago market share after 2005. Instead, we've spent the last 3 seasons ceding it back to the Cubs.

Oh well, nothing left to do after Sunday but hope the Flubs flop in the playoffs and then start asking the same tired old questions for '09: who's on 2nd? who's on 3rd? who's in CF? Are Thome and Konerko washed up? How will Dye play in '09?

Thanks for nothing, White Sox. See you guys in Tucson....or will it be Glendale?

rdwj
09-26-2008, 08:32 AM
I don't think so, but that won't stop me from hoping

Cuck the Fubs
09-26-2008, 08:33 AM
We are going to the playoffs!

**** Carlos Gomez

**** the Twins

**** the Toons

Stand behind your White Sox!

PaleHoseGeorge
09-26-2008, 08:33 AM
Don't they, too? This whole "the Sox still control their own destiny" relies on the Sox beating the Twins in the 1-game play-off; If the Twins win their remaining games, they win the division, too.

My mistake. The Sox STILL control their own fate. The road to the post-season still passes through Sox Park.

btrain929
09-26-2008, 08:34 AM
KC surprisingly has been one of the hottest teams in baseball over the past 10-12 games. I know they aren't throwing Greinke, but just because we can't win 1 game in the dome doesn't mean they can't. I say we both take 2 out of 3 this weekend, beat DET, then beat MIN. Guarantee? No. Possible? Absolutely.

ChiSoxFan81
09-26-2008, 09:55 AM
I'm still keeping the faith. And purchasing a 55-gallon drum of Pepto Bismol.

BleacherBandit
09-26-2008, 10:02 AM
I'm not going to say the Sox are eliminated until they mathematically are. But damn, this sucks. Dye for DH or Konerko for DH next year?

I'd like to keep both of them, but this week has taught me different.

Johnny Mostil
09-26-2008, 10:14 AM
Thanks for nothing, White Sox.

Huh? An overachieving team (I don't think the 2003 team overachieved) providing a summer's worth of entertainment is nothing? I'm not Pollyanna, and, to be honest, don't think they'll make it, but is it OK if the remaining games are played?

russ99
09-26-2008, 10:36 AM
One game at a time.

We'll see where things are on Sunday evening...

TommyJohn
09-26-2008, 12:52 PM
This team is done. There is nothing left. If anyone sweeps this weekend, it will be Cleveland. The Minnesota series will go down as the worst in recent history. (I mean in the last 50 years.) I can't think of a time when the Sox let down their fans more. Konerko, Dye and Thome will do nothing this weekend. At least by Sunday or even Saturday, this crap will be over with. But the Twins series will leave a bad taste that will last for a long time.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

DannyCaterFan
09-26-2008, 01:05 PM

This really reminds me of the last week in 1967. The Sox all but had the pennant won, but lost all their games against the league's worst teams the Kansas City A's and the Washington Senators. That was the most disappointing end to a season for me before this year. I can only hope we come out and show some life this weekend.

soxfan1965
09-26-2008, 01:06 PM
Yes Vote. On Tom Waddle's show this AM, they mentioned this team reminded them of the 03 Cubs. But it reminds me of the 1967 Sox. That team was leading the AL and collapsed at the end with that double header loss to the KC A's. Both teams (67 and 08) had no hitting. The difference is that the 1967 team had no hitting because there was no hitting. The 2008 team has hitting but they're slumping. So there's some hope at home that they will start hitting, but the pitching has to be as good as the 1967 team. These near misses at the end, like 1967 and worse 1964 by one game, are really tough, so players and fans gotta forget MN and be positive, focus and try to win or die trying, not to give up. On paper compared to other AL Central teams, the 08 Sox have already exceeded expectations.

whitesox901
09-26-2008, 01:50 PM
I beleave! Maybe im foolish, nieve or just stupid. But I have faith..GO SOX!

areilly
09-26-2008, 01:53 PM
**** it, I vote yes. What's the worst that could happen?

ChiSoxFan81
09-26-2008, 01:55 PM
**** it, I vote yes. What's the worst that could happen?

Scientists are reporting a tear in the space-time continuum.

areilly
09-26-2008, 02:04 PM
Scientists are reporting a tear in the space-time continuum.

It looked impossible for them not to make it when this last poll ran. A few posters (myself included) are going to get killed no matter how we vote, so might as well pick the one that involves me having a good weekend.

BlackAndWhite
09-26-2008, 02:32 PM

THIS.

In a quite unique scenario, two directly-competing teams with unequal records both control their own destiny. Technically, this was the case heading into the Twins' series, as well. Think about it.

Jurr
09-26-2008, 02:39 PM
This team has been disappointing to watch for a couple of months. The clubhouse is in shambles. The veteran Sox players, still scarred from 2007, don't believe for a second that they're worthy of hoisting a trophy.

That said, it's our team. The glory of 2005 was made all the sweeter because of years like '83, '93, '94, '00, '03, and others that tore the heart out of you. Sox fans have been through a lot of heartache, and that's actually a tribute to HOW MUCH WE CARE. We're not into this game because of its social value or being at the park "because it's better than being at home". We're into Sox baseball because we love the sport and we love watching our boys do well.

Ozzie and Kenny need to quit thinking 2005 gives them a reason to think their collective **** doesn't stink. Kenny kept saying that this team should've put the division away a LONG TIME AGO. This is stating that he believes that his one-dimensional offense was fine the way it was. Ozzie just won't shut up about his "it's my way or the highway" stuff. Players eventually tune that out. This year should show both of 'em that changes do need to be made en force.

As frustrated as we all are, we're Sox fans. We will be watching the events against Cleveland unfold, hoping that we see baseball on Monday and Tuesday. We're fools in that way. We're the guys/gals that keep looking at the phone hoping the crush calls us. Why? It's in our ****ing DNA, that's why. We chose this life, and it's who we are.

Go Sox. Kick Cleveland's ass and get that division back.

JB98
09-26-2008, 02:43 PM
This team has been disappointing to watch for a couple of months. The clubhouse is in shambles. The veteran Sox players, still scarred from 2007, don't believe for a second that they're worthy of hoisting a trophy.

That said, it's our team. The glory of 2005 was made all the sweeter because of years like '83, '93, '94, '00, '03, and others that tore the heart out of you. Sox fans have been through a lot of heartache, and that's actually a tribute to HOW MUCH WE CARE. We're not into this game because of its social value or being at the park "because it's better than being at home". We're into Sox baseball because we love the sport and we love watching our boys do well.

Ozzie and Kenny need to quit thinking 2005 gives them a reason to think their collective **** doesn't stink. Kenny kept saying that this team should've put the division away a LONG TIME AGO. This is stating that he believes that his one-dimensional offense was fine the way it was. Ozzie just won't shut up about his "it's my way or the highway" stuff. Players eventually tune that out. This year should show both of 'em that changes do need to be made en force.

As frustrated as we all are, we're Sox fans. We will be watching the events against Cleveland unfold, hoping that we see baseball on Monday and Tuesday. We're fools in that way. We're the guys/gals that keep looking at the phone hoping the crush calls us. Why? It's in our ****ing DNA, that's why. We chose this life, and it's who we are.

Go Sox. Kick Cleveland's ass and get that division back.

Great post. I still think we're screwed, but you can bet your ass I'll be watching on TV tonight and attending Saturday's game as well as Sunday's.

White Sox baseball is my life from April to September, and hopefully October.

jdm2662
09-26-2008, 03:03 PM
I voted no. Quite honostly, I'm really getting tired of being mentally scared of the Metrodump. You are pros. Stop ****ting the bed.

Nellie_Fox
09-26-2008, 03:07 PM
Stop ****ting the bed.Hasn't this clich run its course? A very long time ago?

kobo
09-26-2008, 03:21 PM
I voted yes. I think the Sox will come out and sweep the Toons this weekend and MN is going to drop 2 of 3 to the Royals.

HawkDJ
09-26-2008, 04:10 PM
And if we do somehow sneak into the playoffs? Save for a Cardinals-esque miracle, this team is not going to win the World Series. Celebrating a 2008 AL Central championship is akin to the Cubs celebrating their 1998 Wild card.

FielderJones
09-26-2008, 04:12 PM
And if we do somehow sneak into the playoffs? Save for a Cardinals-esque miracle, this team is not going to win the World Series. Celebrating a 2008 AL Central championship is akin to the Cubs celebrating their 1998 Wild card.

Beats 72-90. :shrug:

DaveFeelsRight
09-26-2008, 04:18 PM
we could very well take the division tonight. a sox win and a twins lose could put us in first.

it could happen anytime this weekend. the world hasnt ended people.

JungleJimR
09-26-2008, 04:39 PM
I really want to remain optimistic and agree with the line that the Sox control their destiny.

But then I realized that except for Danks tonite, all other Sox pitchers will be going on 3 days rest - including Gavin on Monday, and we know how that has hurt us in the last several weeks. Sure Vazquez only pitched 4 innings on Tuesday, but Beurhle tossed something like 120 pitches on Wednesday.

Sadly, no way!

BadBobbyJenks
09-26-2008, 06:06 PM
I don't think the Twins will sweep so yes we have a chance. Lee might not be pitching Sunday.

mccoydp
09-26-2008, 07:01 PM
The Sox definitely have a chance.

They're essentially tied right now anyway, with the difference being the makeup game vs. Detroit.