PDA

View Full Version : Why are people not treating this sweep for what it is?

Mohoney
09-26-2008, 12:14 AM
All this sweep did was TIE the Twins in the loss column with us. They're NOT a full game up going into the last series.

If the two series mirror each other, which I think will happen, that game Monday is a pushover. The Tigers won't even want to be there, and I think it will show in their play.

Then, winning that coin flip really comes into play.

Rohan
09-26-2008, 12:17 AM
All this sweep did was TIE the Twins in the loss column with us. They're NOT a full game up going into the last series.

If the two series mirror each other, which I think will happen, that game Monday is a pushover. The Tigers won't even want to be there, and I think it will show in their play.

If you watched the game you'd understand why no one is treating it like just another statistic.
This team looks, and plays like they're mentally drained... How can we be motivated by a team who isn't motivated?

EuroSox35
09-26-2008, 12:18 AM
The Tigers won't even want to be there, and I think it will show in their play.

I disagree, they beat the Rays to delay their celebration today, and the Indians and Tigers will want nothing more then to end our season

Lip Man 1
09-26-2008, 12:19 AM
Especially with Freddy Garcia on the mound.

Lip

munchman33
09-26-2008, 12:20 AM
I'd bet good money we don't need Monday's game.

DVsoxfan
09-26-2008, 12:21 AM

yep, we'll be long gone by then

Mohoney
09-26-2008, 12:22 AM

So are we losing 2 out of 3 to the Indians, or are the Twins sweeping the Royals?

munchman33
09-26-2008, 12:22 AM
So are we losing 2 out of 3 to the Indians, or are the Twins sweeping the Royals?

Both...unless we get swept by the Indians.

gr8mexico
09-26-2008, 12:56 AM
Tonight loss is a blessing. Now the Sox can go and trade the slow garbage
on this team. This team has enough young players to be great.

manders_01
09-26-2008, 12:59 AM
I hope the OP is right and the dark clouds are wrong. If there is anything I would wish for the regular posters on this board, it's to attend a play-in game, cheer your team along and hopefully see them win.

The play-in game last year was the single best sporting event I've ever been to. I'd love for you all to the feel the way I did that night. :smile:

Here's to the Sox! :gulp:

oeo
09-26-2008, 01:33 AM
Especially with Freddy Garcia on the mound.

Lip

Not a big game for him = me not worried. We have to take care of business this weekend, though. I don't have high hopes, but I do still have some hope.

Lip Man 1
09-26-2008, 01:44 AM
OEO:

It could be a big game for him personally. I don't know what his attitude was when he got traded, perhaps he didn't like leaving the Sox.

Lip

JohnnyInnsbrook
09-26-2008, 01:49 AM
If you watched the game you'd understand why no one is treating it like just another statistic.
This team looks, and plays like they're mentally drained... How can we be motivated by a team who isn't motivated?
Your right... this team punched out along time ago

oeo
09-26-2008, 01:51 AM
OEO:

It could be a big game for him personally. I don't know what his attitude was when he got traded, perhaps he didn't like leaving the Sox.

Lip

He didn't, in fact I think there were reports that he cried when he was told of his trade. He's a Sox fan at heart, so maybe he feels bad feels sorry for us...:tongue:

Like I said, if it comes to it, then I'll worry about Freddy. We've got some games to win first.

Dan H
09-26-2008, 05:56 AM
Other than the Detroit doublehdeader, I can't remember the last time the Sox won more than one in a row. So they're going to sweep the Indians? White Sox fans should face up to this. This team is not very good, and without major moves done in the off season, won't be any good for a long time.

sullythered
09-26-2008, 07:51 AM
Hell, if Freddy pitches well, I say sign him up. Go get Garland, too. Let's get the band back together.

Anything, as long as no-heart Vazquez isn't involved.

Ziggy S
09-26-2008, 07:54 AM
Bring back Charlie Hough and Greg Hibbard.

jenn2080
09-26-2008, 08:35 AM
Uh did you watch the same 3 games I did? The White Sox ****ing suck and do not deserve the playoffs.

jenn2080
09-26-2008, 08:37 AM
Other than the Detroit doublehdeader, I can't remember the last time the Sox won more than one in a row. So they're going to sweep the Indians? White Sox fans should face up to this. This team is not very good, and without major moves done in the off season, won't be any good for a long time.

Ding Ding Ding Ding. We have ourselves a winner. At least someone gets it. I am still pissed I had to give the White Sox 800 bucks to keep my season tix for next year.

Tragg
09-26-2008, 08:39 AM
I wonder if Ozzie knew that the Sox still controlled their own destiny with a loss, when he was burning up his closer for his longest stretch - ever perhaps?

Jollyroger2
09-26-2008, 08:41 AM
Uh did you watch the same 3 games I did? The White Sox ****ing suck and do not deserve the playoffs.

That about sums it up. This team has been playing like crap for at least a month. They've shown no fundamentals, no balls, no guts, no brains. They've been beaten time and time again this year simply by lack of effort. They're a bunch of scared sissies in the Metrodome, instead of going in there with a chip on their shoulder.

What a bunch of losers. They're a disgrace and an embarrassment, to themselves, their families, their fans and the city. The sad thing is, watching last night, even with a 6-1 lead, I knew, I KNEW, they would find a way to lose.

SoxFan78
09-26-2008, 08:59 AM
I knew after a loss I would have to be reading all this filth. Let me ask people on this board this...

Would you rather have the Sox in the playoffs our out of the playoffs? If you said out of the playoffs, please leave this board and get back on the bandwagon next year.

We are all Sox fans, we have to stick with it. Yeah, the 3 past games sucked, but they still control their destiny. They just have to win out. Have they shown they can this past month? No they havent. But all it takes is a victory tonight to get one step closer to the playoffs.

If you think they suck and have no chance, then I'll see you next year.

Thome25
09-26-2008, 09:08 AM
Do the Sox have a chance? Not a snowball's chance in the Metrodome. (the Metrodome IS hell after all.)

alohafri
09-26-2008, 09:16 AM
I knew after a loss I would have to be reading all this filth. Let me ask people on this board this...

Would you rather have the Sox in the playoffs our out of the playoffs? If you said out of the playoffs, please leave this board and get back on the bandwagon next year.

We are all Sox fans, we have to stick with it. Yeah, the 3 past games sucked, but they still control their destiny. They just have to win out. Have they shown they can this past month? No they havent. But all it takes is a victory tonight to get one step closer to the playoffs.

If you think they suck and have no chance, then I'll see you next year.

Oh come on! This is just ridiculous! Take off the rose colored glasses! Have you been watching this team over the last month? They are mental and physical wrecks. Cabrera picks NOW to call people out. Swisher has no idea where the strike zone is. Vazquez has punched out and has gone back to Puerto Rico. Dye looks like he can hardly move in right field. The bullpen is a mess. The middle of our lineup is hitting under .150 on this road trip. I just don't see anything to be optimistic about.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-26-2008, 09:22 AM
Do the Sox have a chance? Not a snowball's chance in the Metrodome. (the Metrodome IS hell after all.)

The mere fact the Sox are playing 3 home games gives me confidence that what we saw in Minnesota is no real reflection on how we can expect the ballclub to play this weekend.

Law11
09-26-2008, 09:25 AM

Monday? How about we win tonight and deal with the what ifs later.
We'll see tonight as Cleve has a good young pitcher on the mound who has nothing to lose out there. Hopefully we can exploit a few gaffs and win this game TONIGHT.