PDA

View Full Version : Your most HATED baseball player?

chisoxfanatic
09-25-2008, 11:08 PM
This is the opposite of a thread that was here a couple weeks ago. Who is your most hated baseball player?

I have just got a new one after this series. Eclipsing Manny is Carlos Gomez. I can't stand that ****ing pud and wish the worst on him!!! I wish the entire dome would cave in and fall right on him! He's become more annoying than K-Rod, the way he acts like he just made the final out of the World Series, and what's up with the bat sniffing tonight?

Go to hell, Carlos Gomez!!!

DumpJerry
09-25-2008, 11:13 PM
Why all the Carlos Gomez hate? He's a good player. If he was playing for us, we'd be worshiping the very ground he walks on.

He's doing his job and I'm sure very few, if any, WSIers have ever met him and gotten to know him enough to decide if they "hate" him.

How about "hating" some of the no-show White Sox players since Labor Day? They are the ones who deserve our ire, not a good player on another team.

Bobby Jenks
09-25-2008, 11:14 PM
The bat sniffing is "smelling RBI's" Mike Redmond started this ritual with Florida and brought it to Minnesota

hellview
09-25-2008, 11:16 PM
The bat sniffing is "smelling RBI's" Mike Redmond started this ritual with Florida and brought it to Minnesota

He did that last season with the Mets...I remember watching his first MLB game.

EDIT-How can you hate someone for going out and doing there job. He hasn't said anything bad about the Sox he's just going and and playing baseball. Hell I'll tip me cap he actually showed up in a big series, something some Sox players could learn from.

Vernam
09-26-2008, 12:06 AM
I hate Kubel. He looks like a rat. Against us, he's David Ortiz in his prime. :angry:

Vernam

stockonline2
09-26-2008, 12:19 AM
Why all the Carlos Gomez hate? He's a good player. If he was playing for us, we'd be worshiping the very ground he walks on.

He's doing his job and I'm sure very few, if any, WSIers have ever met him and gotten to know him enough to decide if they "hate" him.

How about "hating" some of the no-show White Sox players since Labor Day? They are the ones who deserve our ire, not a good player on another team.

I think its a little ridiculous to say you can't "hate" a person you haven't meant.

I don't think anywhere that it was implied that he hates Gomez on a personal level. He hates him as a ballplayer. I dislike him.

Watching a player celebrate a little too much a little too early (sliding head first into home with no play) is justifiable enough a reason to dislike them.

chisoxmike
Nick Punto.

chisoxmike

I don't get the hate either. Hate the Sox pitchers that left pitches over the heart of the plate to him.

chisoxfanatic
09-26-2008, 12:26 AM
I don't think anywhere that it was implied that he hates Gomez on a personal level. He hates him as a ballplayer. I dislike him.
You mean "she." :cool:
I don't get the hate either. Hate the Sox pitchers that left pitches over the heart of the plate to him.
Because he's a huge punk. And, I cannot STAND hearing Hawk have orgasms of him every time he's coming to bat, when he makes any kind of play (including routine plays), and when we're not even friggen playing them!

kevingrt
09-26-2008, 12:56 AM
Ron Gardenhire.

Oh sorry player.

Brad Radke.

Oh current player.

Carlos Gomez, Joe Mauer, Joe Nathan, Justin Morneau, Carlos Gomez, Alexis Casilla, Delmon Young, Kevin Slowey, Boof, Denis Reyes, Matt Guerrier, Jason Cubel, Matt Cudyer, oh and did i forget Nick Punto.

And Alfonso Marquez for whatever that is worth.

scarsofthumper
09-26-2008, 01:28 AM
Edinson Volquez
Jake Peavy
Dustin Pedroia

Thome25
09-26-2008, 06:33 AM
Justin Morneau

credefan19
09-26-2008, 06:49 AM
ryan howard

hellview
09-26-2008, 07:21 AM
You mean "she." :cool:

Because he's a huge punk. And, I cannot STAND hearing Hawk have orgasms of him every time he's coming to bat, when he makes any kind of play (including routine plays), and when we're not even friggen playing them!

For one how do you know he's a punk and two hate Hawk for that. It's not like Gomez is using his jedi mind tricks to get Hawk to talk about him all the time.

MarySwiss
09-26-2008, 08:02 AM
If anyone needs a good reason to dislike Gomez, here's one: A certain Twins troll/Windsock wannabee who sneaks in here from time to time is nuts about him.

Besides, I'm pretty sure Chisoxfanatic was venting for the most part. And who can blame her, after this lousy series?

Chisox353014
09-26-2008, 09:18 AM
Hate is not a rational emotion. Who cares if Gomez is a good player or great guy or whatever? He is the latest in a long line of Sox-killing Twins. Therefore, **** him. :gulp:

fram40
09-26-2008, 04:05 PM
Javy Vazquez and Ken Griffey, Jr

Lefty34
09-26-2008, 04:50 PM
Mine is Derek Jeter, one of the most overrated and over-hyped defenders in baseball today.

FedEx227
09-26-2008, 05:03 PM
Manny Ramirez
Derek Jeter
Alfonso Soriano

Lefty34
09-26-2008, 05:22 PM
Manny Ramirez
Derek Jeter
Alfonso Soriano

Hey hey hey, just so you know, the iPod function on those Oakleys was turned off.

FedEx227
09-26-2008, 05:26 PM
Hey hey hey, just so you know, the iPod function on those Oakleys was turned off.

And please nobody say THE manny quote, I shoot 4 baby kittens everytime I hear it.

I'd really like to like Manny, he's one of the best hitters of this generation. But good lord is he a phony attention whore. Let's give the MVP to the dude that clearly quit on his team midway through the season so he could be traded and get a new contract. Awesome!

Mr. White Sox
09-26-2008, 05:48 PM
I don't think anyone will disagree with this one:

Jacoby Ellsbury.

I hate that guy.

skobabe8
09-26-2008, 05:57 PM
I hate Carlos Gomez because of his STUPID ASS open mouth he has all the time.

Close your mouth, stupid!

BadBobbyJenks
09-26-2008, 06:19 PM
I love Carlos Gomez, if he ever learns to walk, he will be some kind of player.

Bobby Jenks
09-26-2008, 06:27 PM
I don't like Gomez because he's a Twin,but his talent is undeniable.

Paulwny
09-26-2008, 06:34 PM
Mine is Derek Jeter, one of the most overrated and over-hyped defenders in baseball today.

I'll agree with Jeter, but add, any player wearing a yankee uniform.

Frontman
09-26-2008, 06:41 PM
Fear is the path to the dark side.
Fear leads to anger;
anger leads to hate;
hate leads to suffering.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e312/milky-way13/photograph/sith.jpg

I sense much fear in you.

So, pretty much anyone in a Twins uniform right now. As I feared the results of this past series.

I got angry with it.

I hate anyone in a Twins uniform right now.

And now I'm a suffering Sox fan.

Eddo144
09-26-2008, 07:03 PM
:scratch:

Carlos Gomez is a faster, better defensively Jerry Owens. If he were on the Sox, we'd all hate him because we'd get to see how he's practically an automatic out every time he comes up to the plate.

When your only way to get on base is to bunt, you are not a good player.

I love Carlos Gomez, if he ever learns to hit, he will be some kind of player.
Fixed it for you. :redneck

veeter
09-26-2008, 11:20 PM
Ryan 'the mouth breather' Dempster.

sox1970
09-26-2008, 11:20 PM
Horacio Ramirez is climbing the charts.

WhiteSoxOnly
09-26-2008, 11:22 PM
Horacio Ramirez is climbing the charts.

And Orlando Cabrera is trying really hard to make the list.

FedEx227
09-26-2008, 11:26 PM
:scratch:

Carlos Gomez is a faster, better defensively Jerry Owens. If he were on the Sox, we'd all hate him because we'd get to see how he's practically an automatic out every time he comes up to the plate.

When your only way to get on base is to bunt, you are not a good player.

We all hate Nick Swisher, but his season is all around better than that of Gomez.

Dirty 230: .220/.333/.412
Gomez: .262/.301/.367

Add in the fact that he's not a particularly GOOD base stealer. Yes, he has 32 SB, but he's also been caught 11 times.

I'll admit he's exciting when we see him, but if we saw him on a regular basis, we'd be VERY frustrated. He's putting up nearly identical Juan Uribe-type numbers.

veeter
09-26-2008, 11:37 PM
We all hate Nick Swisher, but his season is all around better than that of Gomez.

Dirty 230: .220/.333/.412
Gomez: .262/.301/.367

Add in the fact that he's not a particularly GOOD base stealer. Yes, he has 32 SB, but he's also been caught 11 times.

I'll admit he's exciting when we see him, but if we saw him on a regular basis, we'd be VERY frustrated. He's putting up nearly identical Juan Uribe-type numbers.I agree. Maybe familiarity breeds contempt, but man, do fans, Hawk and even Kenny fall in love with opposing players that hurt us. Meanwhile, we get so down on are own guys. I guess it's because we see them everyday, and know their faults. Why are the Sox's 73 losses any worse than the Twins' 73. The teams are TIED in my book, because we'll win that Detroit game.

FedEx227
09-26-2008, 11:39 PM
I agree. Maybe familiarity breeds contempt, but man, do fans, Hawk and even Kenny fall in love with opposing players that hurt us. Meanwhile, we get so down on are own guys. I guess it's because we see them everyday, and know their faults. Why are the Sox's 73 losses any worse than the Twins' 73. The teams are TIED in my book, because we'll win that Detroit game.

Yeah, it's funny but believe it or not Carlos Gomez, Marcus Thames, Brandon Inge, Mike Sweeney, Jason Kubel and Nick Punto are not cornerstones of an elite MLB franchise.

Parrothead
09-27-2008, 12:35 AM
I would have to say Konerko after poping up again and again in key situations.

FarWestChicago
09-27-2008, 06:52 AM
:payrod

southside rocks
09-27-2008, 08:32 AM
I hate DJ Carrasco with a tremendous passion that I discovered at last night's game when he walked a batter, hit a batter, and gave up a slam.

When Ozzie pulled him, I hoped that he also told DJ to clean out his locker and head on down to the bus station.

Judging from the avalanche of boos, I would bet that about 38,000 other people shared my feelings just then.

This morning, in the clear light of day and on calm reflection, I find that I still hate Carrasco. Even more than Mike MacDougal, and that's a pretty good hate!

Johnny74
09-27-2008, 09:25 AM
Why all the hate? Where's the love?

Seriously, it's a game. Relax. :rolleyes: