PDA

View Full Version : Bold Prediction Time

BigP50
09-26-2008, 12:00 AM
The Sox will sweep the Indians and the Twins will lose 1 game giving us a .5 game lead going into the make up Tigers game.

then we win that game 7-1

Rohan
09-26-2008, 12:01 AM
Sure.. Why not...
Not like we have much else to help us sleep at night.

munchman33
09-26-2008, 12:02 AM
How many more of these threads do we have to endure?

DumpJerry
09-26-2008, 12:02 AM
The title of this thread should be "BigP50's 90th bold prediction of the week."

Keep 'em coming, it's nice to see the optimism among all the doom and gloom.

CMPDragRacing
09-26-2008, 12:04 AM
my prediction, twins take 2 of 3 from kc. we take 2 of 3 from the indians. im going on saturday so they will loose just cause im there.

BigP50
09-26-2008, 12:05 AM
my prediction, twins take 2 of 3 from kc. we take 2 of 3 from the indians. im going on saturday so they will loose just cause im there.

even if we both go 2-1 that will be fine because we will still get to play that make up game

socaljeff
09-26-2008, 12:10 AM
The Sox will sweep the Indians and the Twins will lose 1 game giving us a .5 game lead going into the make up Tigers game.

then we win that game 7-1

I like your optimism, but I think you need another drink.

XOS
09-26-2008, 12:16 AM
The Sox couldnt sweep the floor!!! Stick a fork in them, there done!!!!!

rdwj
09-26-2008, 12:22 AM
I bet we lose two of three from the Tribe and the Twins sweep KC. No reason for the extra game

cards press box
09-26-2008, 12:56 AM
How many more of these threads do we have to endure?

Endure? To paraphrase Chief Margie from Fargo, I can't agree with your verb choice there. These optimistic threads are great. Why not hope for the best? I think we all know the score here. Anyone who has watched this team this year knows they are just not the juggernaut that the 2005 team was. Frankly, the Sox are like a boat that has taken on too much water. The injuries to Linebrink, Crede, Contreras and finally Quentin are just too much for the Sox to reach the World Series (or probably the playoffs). I get that.

It may be contrary to public opinion but the Sox have hustled and battled hard. I was at the 15 inning Sox/Angels game on September 6 and, frankly, that was like a knock-down, drag out heavyweight fight. The Sox gave it everything they had in that Angels game. The Sox are doing that now.

At this point, the Sox probably don't have the horses to win the division. Yet, they are busting a gut down to the end and I have total respect for that. So, yes, I like the optimistic threads. What's the harm?

Absolutely correct.

DumpJerry
09-26-2008, 06:56 AM
Where?

sullythered
09-26-2008, 07:28 AM
Where?
There! Right there! Don't you see it?!?!

DrCrawdad
09-26-2008, 08:14 AM

Hated the sweep, but was it really unexpected or a shock? Ok, done with that doom.

The Sox are not really behind the Twinkies, we're equal in the loss column. Imagine how cool it would be IF the Sox were to capture the AL Central at The Cell on Sunday or Monday? It's not beyond comprehension. IF the Twinkies sweep KC, I know the Sox would have to win 4 straight. But I don't expect the Twinkies to sweep the Royals (winning 6 straight at home).

GO GO WHITE SOX!

BigP50
09-26-2008, 08:48 PM
its early but I like what I see from both teams so far

Kilroy
09-26-2008, 09:39 PM
its early but I like what I see from both teams so far

How are you feeling NOW????

Jurr
09-26-2008, 09:56 PM
Yeah, it's about time to hang it up on this one. I love the fact that the fans are absolutely booing the HELL out of this pathetic bunch of losers.

manders_01
09-26-2008, 10:10 PM
Yeah, it's about time to hang it up on this one. I love the fact that the fans are absolutely booing the HELL out of this pathetic bunch of losers.

This ballgame was no where near done after that scary top of the 5th. And ten minutes later, we are so in this!

jabrch
09-26-2008, 10:23 PM

I give this post 2 Trolls for a lack of creativity.

:dtroll::dtroll:

jabrch
09-26-2008, 10:24 PM

Ridiculous

BigP50
09-26-2008, 10:34 PM
as long as The Twins lose it's not so bad

still a chance

if the can pwn Liriano maybe they will hit the rest of there guys

you never know

SBSoxFan
09-26-2008, 11:25 PM
Hated the sweep, but was it really unexpected or a shock? Ok, done with that doom.

The Sox are not really behind the Twinkies, we're equal in the loss column. Imagine how cool it would be IF the Sox were to capture the AL Central at The Cell on Sunday or Monday? It's not beyond comprehension. IF the Twinkies sweep KC, I know the Sox would have to win 4 straight. But I don't expect the Twinkies to sweep the Royals (winning 6 straight at home).

GO GO WHITE SOX!

Or Tuesday! :bandance:

alohafri
09-27-2008, 09:49 AM
The Sox will lose Saturday and Sunday, the Twins will lose on Saturday, but win on Sunday, but will contract alcohol poisoning during their clinching celebration. They won't be able to go, so by default, we get the Central Division crown! :bandance: