PDA

View Full Version : There's no way the Twins will sweep the Royals!

Moses_Scurry
09-25-2008, 11:48 PM
They put all of their blood and guts into this series. They will suffer a huge letdown in their final series. It happens all the time. Teams scratch and claw their way to a tie or slim lead, only to blow it afterward.

I'm not saying this to be a pollyanna, I just firmly believe the Royals will take a minimum of 1 game. It's up to the Sox to take at least 2 from the tribe. I'm not so confident about that one.

BleacherBandit
09-25-2008, 11:50 PM
I'm tired of these alternate threads opened up everytime the Sox lose a game in devistating fashion. We all know it. Cite me now. Save this comment. The Sox will not win the division.

rdwj
They put all of their blood and guts into this series. They will suffer a huge letdown in their final series. It happens all the time. Teams scratch and claw their way to a tie or slim lead, only to blow it afterward.

I'm not saying this to be a pollyanna, I just firmly believe the Royals will take a minimum of 1 game. It's up to the Sox to take at least 2 from the tribe. I'm not so confident about that one.

Sox will lose at least 2 to the Indians. They'll probably get swept. This team has no life. Outside of ONE inning, this is the worst 3 games of baseball I've seen in a long time.

KingXerxes

I totally agree. I have got to believe the Twins will suffer a letdown after this series.

The only hope is that the White Sox don't mail it in against Cleveland.

chisoxmike
It may not matter.

Jurr
09-25-2008, 11:52 PM
Give it the **** up. Do you think the Sox are going to beat the Indians more than once? Have you watched them play for a month? Jesus!

swishasweet
09-25-2008, 11:52 PM
pathetic. seen this coming for weeks now

Moses_Scurry
09-25-2008, 11:53 PM
Wow. Some people must not have read my last sentence. This is about the Twins.

However, there is no reason to think that the Sox cannot take the two non-Cliff Lee pitched games from the tribe at home.

Jurr
09-25-2008, 11:56 PM

However, there is no reason to think that the Sox cannot take the two non-Cliff Lee pitched games from the tribe at home.
Yeah, there's no reason to believe the Sox can't beat Scott Baker and Nick Blackburn, two pitchers that have struggled their asses off. How about tipping your cap and realizing that THIS TEAM IS FLAWED and wasn't that good to begin with.

munchman33
09-25-2008, 11:59 PM
they put all of their blood and guts into this series. They will suffer a huge letdown in their final series. It happens all the time. Teams scratch and claw their way to a tie or slim lead, only to blow it afterward.

I'm not saying this to be a pollyanna, i just firmly believe the royals will take a minimum of 1 game. It's up to the sox to take at least 2 from the tribe. I'm not so confident about that one.

go away.

WhiteSox5187
09-26-2008, 12:00 AM
The Sox are going to roll over and die, it doesn't matter.

munchman33
09-26-2008, 12:01 AM

I can think of a lot more reasons they can't then they can.

ChiSoxFan81
09-26-2008, 12:04 AM
After tonight, I'm completely devestated. However, I will be at the game on Saturday, and hopefully we'll still be in the thick of it. If you have tickets for this weekend, get your ass out there and scream your head off!!!!!!!!!! We can't stop fighting now.

KingXerxes
09-26-2008, 12:04 AM
This team is nothing if not schizophrenic. Over the past week we've seen the manically depressed version. Tomorrow - who the hell knows?

The way I look at it, anything is possible over the next few days.

Moses_Scurry
09-26-2008, 12:05 AM
go away.

From what I've read here over pretty much the entire 2nd half of the season, I think most people would rather you go away.

There's 3/4 more games left. Life will continue for most of us after the four games whether they pull it off or not.

You're either on board or your out. It's your choice. I'm not giving up the season until the Sox are mathematically eliminated. That's my choice.

pczarapa
09-26-2008, 12:11 AM

I'm never one to take a negative slant, but this team just isn't very good. The AL central sucks. Whoever wins is going to get blasted by the BoSox, Angels, or the Rays - doesn't matter.

PorkChopExpress
09-26-2008, 12:21 AM
They just swept us, the "toughest" competition. They showed passion and swagger while we pissed our pants. They are at home, the royals don't care and every other team in this division wants to see us lose. Yeah, I wonder why I'm doubtful.

I will say this: If this team makes the playoffs, it is only because they will have just played some serious basebal aand they will enter with momentum.

munchman33
09-26-2008, 12:25 AM
From what I've read here over pretty much the entire 2nd half of the season, I think most people would rather you go away.

There's 3/4 more games left. Life will continue for most of us after the four games whether they pull it off or not.

You're either on board or your out. It's your choice. I'm not giving up the season until the Sox are mathematically eliminated. That's my choice.

The season is over. You're pouring salt into an open wound. Accept what's happened, and who the team is. This team hasn't won a big game all year. Now you expect them to win five in a row for their life? Sorry, but that's more than a pipe dream. That's flat out ignorance.

Patrick134
09-26-2008, 12:38 AM
The season is over. You're pouring salt into an open wound. Accept what's happened, and who the team is. This team hasn't won a big game all year. Now you expect them to win five in a row for their life? Sorry, but that's more than a pipe dream. That's flat out ignorance.

The sox swept a 4 gamer against the twins at the Cell that was every bit as big as this series was, because if the sox had lost 1 of those games, it'd be officially over right now.

chisoxfanatic
09-26-2008, 12:40 AM
The sox swept a 4 gamer against the twins at the Cell that was every bit as big as this series was, because if the sox had lost 1 of those games, it'd be officially over right now.
This was a pressure situation, that was not. Our Sox are showing that they cannot handle adverse situations. And now we're gonna have to hear about "Oh, just cheer for the Cubbies...They're playing for ALL of Chicago...blah blah blah!" :rolleyes:

Moses_Scurry
09-26-2008, 12:42 AM

I'm not pouring salt into anything. The point of the thread was pretty clear in the title. If you don't want to read it, then don't ****ing read it. You are also putting words into my mouth. First I said that the Twins will lose at least 1 to KC, so the Sox would only have to win 4 out of 5. Second, I clearly stated that I DO NOT have very much confidence in the Sox ability to take care of their own asses. Learn to read.

bluestar
09-26-2008, 01:07 AM
I have no idea what the Sox will do. At least they will be at home where they tend to play better.

However, I agree with the original poster that the Twins will not sweep the Royals. Here's why:

The Royals are not afraid of losing in the dome and have no absurd, self-defeating mental hangup about playing the Twins there.
The Royals pitchers will not consistently throw belt high fastballs in the strike zone to a team that loves them as much as the Twins do. They know better. Why the Sox never seemed to grasp that simple fact is beyond me.
The Twins pitchers are not very good, recent evidence notwithstanding.
The Twins defense is not very good.
The Royals desperately do not want to finish in last place in the AL Central.
The Royals have two decent pitchers going in the first two games.

If Sunday's game has any meaning, I wish the Royals would reconsider letting Greinke pitch instead of Duckworth.

Furthermore, I doubt either Cleveland, Detroit or KC care which team wins the division. They will try to win against the team they play, but I don't think any of them care beyond that.

WisSoxFan
09-26-2008, 01:21 AM
They just swept us, the "toughest" competition. They showed passion and swagger while we pissed our pants. They are at home, the royals don't care and every other team in this division wants to see us lose. Yeah, I wonder why I'm doubtful.

I will say this: If this team makes the playoffs, it is only because they will have just played some serious basebal aand they will enter with momentum.

XXX

Holy hell. No inferiority complex here. What would lead you to believe that every team in the division hates the Sox more than any other team in the division? Seriously.

SBSoxFan
09-26-2008, 01:58 AM
Give it the **** up. Do you think the Sox are going to beat the Indians more than once? Have you watched them play for a month? Jesus!

I think they'll win at least 2. I've watched them win 51 games at home so far this year. That gives me hope.

BeviBall!
09-26-2008, 08:19 AM
The Sox are the only team that is scared of the Dome. That gives me little hope... the Royals don't anticipate losing a month out like we do. That gives me little hope. Liriano, Perkins and Baker. That kills all hope. The first two won't be let down, they'll be raring to go.

JUribe1989
09-26-2008, 10:30 AM
Go Kyle Davies! He was a member of the top 100 prospects in MVP Baseball 2005, he can do it! WOOT WOOT!